No announcement yet.

95 GT 1/8 mile.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get some drag radials (v6 wheels and some MT' radials if doing it cheap),fix your rear suspension and just find some good used headers and x-pipe ($150 MAYBE for used stuff) and get back to the track. Those et's will come down quick....

Comment

Yup that's the good thing about the age of these cars now. Used shit is cheap and easy to.find

Comment

What if I just got a set of exhaust cut-outs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Payingcustomer View Post
          How much power do you think the typical 165 AFR or 170 TFS topend combos 302's are making!? The majority aren't making 300 rwhp, it's usually like 270-290. Those that do break 300 hp, they don't break it by much. When I mean typical I mean an h/c/i combo in the $3k-$4k range.
          Is your mustang modular powered?
          UPDATE - FastDriver (26AUG13): After some recent interest in the forums, this thread is again active. Please feel free to add your own dyno, timeslip, and mods. The more details you can provide, the better. Posts without documentation will eventually be deleted. This thread exists to give...

Everything is new.

You can make a lot of power with those heads if you know what you're doing. I'm partial to the tfs 170, their on a lot of cars making more than 300rwhp n/a.
          I'd start looking into the car as been said somethings not right. I thought it was a stock n/a '95 GT as well.
          1990 GT

Comment

95 GT 1/8 mile.

Originally posted by F8LSVT View Post
            You can make a lot of power with those heads if you know what you're doing. I'm partial to the tfs 170, their on a lot of cars making more than 300rwhp n/a.

I'd start looking into the car as been said somethings not right. I thought it was a stock n/a '95 GT as well.

It's running too good to be "not right." I gained over 100 whp w the blower, how much more power do you think 6-8 lbs of boost should've made on a stock motor?
            How much rwhp do you think a stock 95 makes? In 95 they were rated at 215 at the crank. After stock rebuild (9.5:1 compression) with a .30 over bore and everything else stock other then the cam and valve springs it made 205 rwhp. Now I'm in the 300 rear horse range which is around or a little over what I've seen the typical tfs 170's h/c/i combos do that have larger MAF's, and midpipes etc.
            I really think yall are over estimating how much power a stock motor and 6-8 lbs of boost can make, as well as a cam swap with e7 heads. I probably only gained 5-15 hp with that cam vs the stocker. I think it's making just about what it's supposed to make with these heads.

Comment

You'd likely make more with the stock cam.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

No!

Comment

Originally posted by Payingcustomer View Post
                  There's a pretty decent power gap between a stock 87 and a stock 04.
                  A stock '87 might be lucky to make 200 rwhp. A cam in an otherwise stock 87 might gain 10 hp.
                  Shift points- 5,900ish.
                  I'm crossing the line in 3rd gear at redline. .

This is not a good comparison. the pull up top is obviously misfiring. You can see the raw fuel going in to the exhaust, judging by the bottomed out A/F sample.

It's the same tune. the first pull is misfiring, thats why the lines are so squiggly, and the fuel is so rich. You fix the miss fire, and the next graph is the result, because its firing on all 8.

Comment

I made this with a stock Cobra intake, stock cam and unmodded TW 170's on 14 psi from an S-trim. Upgrade your heads...

I also ran a SHITTY 8.2 at 92mph spinning through 2nd

Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Where are you located? I've got a set of long tube headers I would sell cheappppp.

Comment

Originally posted by JETFAST View Post
                        This is not a good comparison. the pull up top is obviously misfiring. You can see the raw fuel going in to the exhaust, judging by the bottomed out A/F sample.

It's the same tune. the first pull is misfiring, thats why the lines are so squiggly, and the fuel is so rich. You fix the miss fire, and the next graph is the result, because its firing on all 8.
                        misfires show lean on a wbo2, it's not a gas sensor, its an oxygen sensor, lack of combustion shows lean not rich.

Comment

Working...
                        X