Looking for a dirt bike recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
    Don't really know anything about dirt bikes. Have seen these advertised for around 5K from only a few years old to over 10 years old. What's a fair price and anything specifically to look for?
    The 450x is a good bike, my supermoto is a 2008 450x. They haven't changed much through the years. The only issue I've had with mine was a broken kick start stop plate, known issue. Replaced two years ago and hasn't been a problem since. I've beat the ever living fuck out of that motor since I've had it and the valves have always been in spec. From street riding around DFW to 500-800 miles in a weekend in Arkansas three years in a row. There are radiator fan kits available for them, I just don't ride that bike off-road enough to justify it.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
      Right now I'm leaning towards a 250... and I may sacrifice on the street legal aspect since I just need to ride one mile through my neighborhood to get to trails. The dual sport bikes seem to be considerably more expensive because they're very popular here.
      You might check the state and national park rules for the areas you want to ride. I've seen some park and forest roads listed as being for street legal, licensed, vehicles only.

Comment

I know where a Yamaha TW200 is for 1800$. It is electric/ kick start, dual sport, quick but not blinding fast. Very fun motorcycles to explore on. Send me a PM and I can get you in contact with the owner.,
        1995 Cobra #404
        1994 Cobra #1968 **traded**
        1991 LX Hatch 5.0-Sold

Comment

Working...
        X