No announcement yet.

Keto diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doing keto aband being in ketosis are not the same. You probably felt that way from running out if stored glucose.

Test urine on keto strips. Odds are after a week of eating a ketogenic diet you may not have been in ketosis.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I think most people see the good idea fairy and just cut carbs without doing the research. To truly be in ketosis takes 1-6 months depending on the person.

Sodium is your friend on keto, if you are dizzy or feel sick you have what they call the keto flu. Upping your sodium helps. Be sure to count your macros at first to make sure you are eating enough as well, this is a mistake as well.

Comment

207 as of this morning. slow and steady.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
          207 as of this morning. slow and steady.
          Right on man!
          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
          dont downshift!!
          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Any of y'all get prostate issues from this? I was walking through the grocery store and it felt like someone kicked the hell out of me in my taint and it was really sharp pains making it hard to walk for the rest of the time. I didn't know what the hell it was and my cousin called me and I told him about it and he said it's your prostate. He said he has been dealing with it for the last 20 years. Everything I've searched says it's actually supposed to be good for the prostate. I got home and ate a sammich and about 30 minutes later I was golden.

Comment

None here whatsoever. I take a saw palmetto supplement daily though to (hopefully) prevent any issues. PSA levels have remained fine for the past 5-10 years too, with the last 6-7 of those while living low-carb.

Comment

Any of yall ever considered just fasting the weight off and not worry about all these diets and shit? Some guy fasted for over a year and was fine. That is, he did not eat anything for a full year. However, he was over 400 lbs, so his body ate all that fat instead. You have to keep your electrolytes up with salt. You also need potassium and magnesium. If you get those right you're good. Its also muscle sparing, so all that stuff about losing muscle on a fast is just a myth. That comes at the end of the fast, if you've got no fat left for your body to eat. Then it will eat the muscle, but its got a handy trick for that. You get hungry again.

It shuts off the hunger hormone (gretin?) after 2 or 3 days of fasting. Then it eats fat, until all the fat is gone. Then, it turns the hunger hormone back on. That is when it will start to eat muscle, but you just break the fast and then that never happens. You'll know you're done fasting when you can see your stomach muscles, and you're getting hungry again. I'm thinking about doing it to ditch this last 20lbs I need to lose. It also has a great many other health benefits, apparently.

WH

Comment

There is a lot of different types of fasting with keto. I like my steaks and stuff to do much more than IF. Some do 24 hour fasts and longer.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                    Any of yall ever considered just fasting the weight off and not worry about all these diets and shit? Some guy fasted for over a year and was fine. That is, he did not eat anything for a full year. However, he was over 400 lbs, so his body ate all that fat instead. You have to keep your electrolytes up with salt. You also need potassium and magnesium. If you get those right you're good. Its also muscle sparing, so all that stuff about losing muscle on a fast is just a myth. That comes at the end of the fast, if you've got no fat left for your body to eat. Then it will eat the muscle, but its got a handy trick for that. You get hungry again.

It shuts off the hunger hormone (gretin?) after 2 or 3 days of fasting. Then it eats fat, until all the fat is gone. Then, it turns the hunger hormone back on. That is when it will start to eat muscle, but you just break the fast and then that never happens. You'll know you're done fasting when you can see your stomach muscles, and you're getting hungry again. I'm thinking about doing it to ditch this last 20lbs I need to lose. It also has a great many other health benefits, apparently.
                    Speaking only for myself, what I do is not a "diet" in any shape or form. I eat as much or as little as I choose, and pretty much buy off the shelf items available in any store. No special foods, shakes, or pills required. I simply read labels, avoiding virtually anything with added refined sugar, and have done this long enough now that I already know which brands, etc. that I want or don't want. The cliche' about preferentially buying only from the perimeter of a grocery store is largely valid, but there are of course exceptions. My bloodwork results have been stellar for at least the past five years, and weight remains stable which my knees especially thank me for.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                      Some do 24 hour fasts and longer.
                      According to that guy 24 hours plus is the only way to go. A month or more if you're a fatass. Says you don't have to fuck around with keto strips or getting anything just right, or worry about the details of some diet. It just forces you right into full keto immediately. I like the simplicity, after reading all the endless info on keto.

You just fast, and you drink salt water with potassium and magnesium in it. Obviously in the correct amounts so you don't get any issues, but the right amounts are easily obtainable. When I first starting doing 24 hour fasts off and on, I'd get light headed and almost feel high. Not quite but nearly. And my brain wouldn't think good. Turns out that is the salt. I drink the salt water now, and whatdaya know that doesn't happen anymore.
                      WH

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                        Speaking only for myself, what I do is not a "diet" in any shape or form. I eat as much or as little as I choose, and pretty much buy off the shelf items available in any store. No special foods, shakes, or pills required. I simply read labels, avoiding virtually anything with added refined sugar, and have done this long enough now that I already know which brands, etc. that I want or don't want. The cliche' about preferentially buying only from the perimeter of a grocery store is largely valid, but there are of course exceptions. My bloodwork results have been stellar for at least the past five years, and weight remains stable which my knees especially thank me for.
                        I don't even feel like I'm on a diet anymore. I just don't eat things I know are bad for me. We eat pretty damn well too, but the biggest surprise to me is I'm actually saving money at the grocery store. I can't wait to be under 200lb. its been 10 years since that's happened.

Comment

The term diet to me often implies some sort of deprivation, especially in the manner posters such as @Gasser64 use it in this thread. If I'm deprived someone must have forgotten to tell me along the way. One trade off though is the time factor, it does take more time to prepare meals from largely unprocessed ingredients, as opposed to getting it out of a box or from a styro clamshell handed out of a drive-thru window.

Comment

Yeah, to each their own - 3 months has flown by and I barely noticed other than a steady decline in my weight and increase in energy. If I maintain 1-3 lbs a week being lost - and not hungry, I'm one happy dude.
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                              The term diet to me often implies some sort of deprivation, especially in the manner posters such as @Gasser64 use it in this thread.
                              Do you mean that the people talking are implying that they are deprived? Or when you hear the word "diet" that you feel like you'd be deprived if you had to adhere to a diet?
                              WH

Comment

The word "diet", where often something the dieter may really like has to be sacrificed in order to adhere to some plan. Take fast food for instance...I do not partake of it mainly because I have no control over the ingredients and, most importantly, to me it generally tastes like slop. Not because a diet plan says I can't have it or shouldn't have it.

Comment

Working...
                                X