Boaters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
    Shit I don’t have to imagine it. We can keep adding ballast until there is only 6” of freeboard.
    Since it appears we're now comparing our members in public, please allow me to SVO you.

Try doing it in a boat that weighs ~1600# with 6" of freeboard. It's a damn surfboard with a big block. But, it sure is fun.
    G'Day Mate

Comment

• Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
      Since it appears we're now comparing our members in public, please allow me to SVO you.

Try doing it in a boat that weighs ~1600# with 6" of freeboard. It's a damn surfboard with a big block. But, it sure is fun.
      They look fun as hell but I always find myself wondering how much time gets spent stressing about getting swamped.

Comment

They look fun as hell but I always find myself wondering how much time gets spent stressing about getting swamped.
        Get a good bilge and don't worry. I've only been truely worried once. A wake board douche made a 180 around me at about 15 yds out, all three waves hit me at once. I was in the water and saw it happening, so I reached over and hit the bilge switch and it pumped for 2 minutes or so.

Whenever we can set up the DFWMRYCGTG I'll take you for a spin, might even let you drive her. It's a blast.
        G'Day Mate

Comment

• Yesterday was aiight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
            Yesterday was aiight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Nice!

We went to Eagle Mountain. No surfing but my son wakeboarded, 4 year old “knee boarded, and my wife rode the wake skate.

Comment

• We were on hubbard for a few hours yesterday afternoon. Boat has a miss at low speed, other than she ran great.

Couple of wake boats out running, but not too many people.
              G'Day Mate

Comment

• Has the popularity of wakeboarding died down over the last 5 years? I feel like it was all the rage and everyone was slapping towers on every boat...but I havent seen it as much. You also could barely find a decent cove without a lot of traffic.

Or it could be simply because I grew out of my wakeboarding phase and just am not around it much anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                  Has the popularity of wakeboarding died down over the last 5 years? I feel like it was all the rage and everyone was slapping towers on every boat...but I havent seen it as much. You also could barely find a decent cove without a lot of traffic.

Or it could be simply because I grew out of my wakeboarding phase and just am not around it much anymore.
                  wakeboarding has died down a lot because everyone started surfing.
                  The boats aren’t wakeboard boats anymore, they are surf boats that can also make a good wakeboard wake.
                  There are more inboards running around the lakes now than there were 10 years ago.

Comment

wakeboarding has died down a lot because everyone started surfing.
                    The boats aren’t wakeboard boats anymore, they are surf boats that can also make a good wakeboard wake.
                    There are more inboards running around the lakes now than there were 10 years ago.
                    this - I don't want to hit the water at my age at 22mph with a board that won't come off.... that's for the young folk.

Fall off a surf? Meh, you just sink. I can get up on the board, surf, and finish all while holding a beer and not spill a drop. Won't tweak the back or break your coccyx.

Comment

• That makes sense. The main reason we quit wakeboarding is because of injuries. I still dont know that I would care to surf...but it certainly looks lower impact. I'll have to try it some day

Comment

• Who wants to get drug behind a jet @ a minimum of 35? That's where the fun is. Knee board, skis, slalom, tube, barefoot? Hell, I'll pull you on an old car hood if you can make it work.
                        G'Day Mate

Comment

• Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                          Who wants to get drug behind a jet @ a minimum of 35? That's where the fun is. Knee board, skis, slalom, tube, barefoot? Hell, I'll pull you on an old car hood if you can make it work.
                          See post #144.

I’m out on wadding myself up these day. I gave both of my wakeboards away.

Comment

See post #144.

I’m out on wadding myself up these day. I gave both of my wakeboards away.
                            Yup!

Knees and back are done landing 10 or so ft. in the flats. Last July I tore up both my right ankle and wrist on the same weakass crash from a attempted tantrum. Gravy trick that I’ve done with no wake a billion times. The boat and driver sucked donkey dicks but that was it for me. Love to surf but my old boat was just ok at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                              Yup!

Knees and back are done landing 10 or so ft. in the flats. Last July I tore up both my right ankle and wrist on the same weakass crash from a attempted tantrum. Gravy trick that I’ve done with no wake a billion times. The boat and driver sucked donkey dicks but that was it for me. Love to surf but my old boat was just ok at it.
                              I gave my boards to Paul so he can spend the summer knocking himself out.
                              I’ll still skate but it’s going to be primarily surfing for me.

Comment

• Like everyone else on this board, I'm getting fucking old and can't take the wear and tear of wakeboarding but surfing is easy and fun. Plus you don't really need a smooth cove to do it.
                                Originally posted by stevo
                                Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                                X