Wife got rear ended yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife got rear ended yesterday

On I-30 at the big S curve near Grand/Samuel. Got the guys DL and Insurance info(pictures of both docs)

I've never filed on someone elses ins. before, what's the usual steps?

Just contact his agent and go from there? What do I need to say/do about diminished value?

She went to the DR and she gave her some meds to help with sore muscles and stiffness, but I don't think we'll pursue him for medical bills and what not, it's minor and we have good med ins.

Just want to get the car fixed and maybe a little out of it since it's now been in an official incident.

Grassy-ass in advance
    G'Day Mate

call the ins co directly to start a claim. No need to call the agent.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Always call the insurance at the scene to verify they have coverage.
      Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

No worries both your insurance companies will raise rates to cover it. They aren’t payin for shit lol

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
          No worries both your insurance companies will raise rates to cover it. They aren’t payin for shit lol
          That's not even remotely accurate.

If you file on their ins and they take responsibility...its transparent to your insurance

Comment

My ratesgo up every damn year with no accidents tickets insurance is a scam. Kinda like taxes buncha bull shit

Comment

My ratesgo up every damn year with no accidents tickets insurance is a scam. Kinda like taxes buncha bull shit
              You have no idea how insurance works.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                You have no idea how insurance works.
                Sure I don’t. Your rate “can” go up for not at fault accidents but most likely will if it is your fault. Go get smacked twice in 6 months and see if your rate doesn’t go up

Comment

So my mom was t-boned not too long ago. My bother pretty much handled the whole insurance claim and was telling me how the other insurance carrier started to stall with the claim meanwhile some dr. visits were racking up, etc. He ended up getting an atty and found out that had the issue gone past 30 days, the insurance co's will try to deny any medical claims stating that those symptoms could've been caused by something non-related to the auto accident.

I'm sure I have some of those details mixed up but moral of the story....don't let it drag out too far. If you sense they're dragging their feet, there could be a reason why. And, there's really no reason for you to use your insurance for any related dr. visits. Keep it all documented. You never know when something will show up months later.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                    On I-30 at the big S curve near Grand/Samuel. Got the guys DL and Insurance info(pictures of both docs)

I've never filed on someone elses ins. before, what's the usual steps?

Just contact his agent and go from there? What do I need to say/do about diminished value?

She went to the DR and she gave her some meds to help with sore muscles and stiffness, but I don't think we'll pursue him for medical bills and what not, it's minor and we have good med ins.

Just want to get the car fixed and maybe a little out of it since it's now been in an official incident.

Grassy-ass in advance
                    In my limited experience the only sticking point is to get the other party's insurance to accept liability. They will often drag that process out it seems. If it's a car I have full coverage only then would I report it to my own insurance company to get the process expedited. Of course you could always call in SVO to play Texas Hammer on them right from the get-go.

Read what he posted below, several times if need be until you understand.

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                    That's not even remotely accurate.

If you file on their ins and they take responsibility...its transparent to your insurance

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                      call the ins co directly to start a claim. No need to call the agent.
                      With a crash where it's obvious who's at fault this may hold true, but you get someone who tries to claim no fault the best thing to do is call your provider and have them hammer it out with the other ins. company. Especially if there is no police report or written up as a no fault.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                        With a crash where it's obvious who's at fault this may hold true, but you get someone who tries to claim no fault the best thing to do is call your provider and have them hammer it out with the other ins. company. Especially if there is no police report or written up as a no fault.
                        Only if you have collision is your own provider likely to be inclined to hammer it out on your behalf with the other insurance company.

Comment

Sure I don’t. Your rate “can” go up for not at fault accidents but most likely will if it is your fault. Go get smacked twice in 6 months and see if your rate doesn’t go up
                          Again, you mentally challenged twat, you have no fucking idea how insurance works.

Your rates are increasing because catastrophe claims are increasing. Last year it was the hail storms in DFW. The year before that was Hurricane Harvey. While YOU may not have made a claim, millions did, thus your rates went up.

But what you're referring to about not at fault accidents is horseshit.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                            Only if you have collision is your own provider likely to be inclined to hammer it out on your behalf with the other insurance company.
                            Your ins. must suck balls.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                              Your ins. must suck balls.
                              I wouldn't think any carrier would subrogate if your policy is liability only. But, I've never been in that position to have to try, thankfully.

Comment

Working...
                              X