No announcement yet.

For the folks that work outside.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if you're really supposed to, but I also try to eat salty foods to raise my sodium level, since I know you sweat out a lot of that.. Electrolytes yo..

I know Dr's often recommend a 50/50 mix of water and Gatorade when dehydrated. Sure, there's a ton of sugar, but maybe just throw in one bottle during the day.. Or Pedialite (sp).

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
      I'm not a fan, after a few moments is just a wet, warm rag. I've tried a couple versions and just don't get it. I'd rather drag a fan around.
      The cooling towels thing works WAY better in more arid climates because of the evaporative cooling effect. But here with all of the humidity it's way less effective. That works out-fucking-standing in the desert over 110*..

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
      Be very careful putting something frozen on your neck after being hot it could send you into shock! I seen it happen one day doing construction with my grandfather and dad. A new guy was bitching about being hot and didn't want to sit in the shade for a bit so he took some ice and slapped it on the back of his neck and it fucked him up! He fell out. Best thing to do is run some cool water over your wrists and then after about 5 minutes of cooling down then go wash your face and neck.
      He was probably already on the way out from heat exhaustion. I mean, one of the main treatments for heat injury is soaking in an ice bath..

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
        Not sure if you're really supposed to, but I also try to eat salty foods to raise my sodium level, since I know you sweat out a lot of that.. Electrolytes yo..

I know Dr's often recommend a 50/50 mix of water and Gatorade when dehydrated. Sure, there's a ton of sugar, but maybe just throw in one bottle during the day.. Or Pedialite (sp).
        I eat sunflower seeds all day along with tons of water. Piss stays damn near clear. Gator aid makes me Sick with all the sugar. I rarely eat anything sweet.

Comment

I've found putting a frozen water bottle against the back side of my knee works to cool off and it didn't kill me. It's like a heat sink to your femoral artery.

Comment

I wear sunscreen as I work inside the comfort of my desk.

Comment

Death Valley prospectors would eat a handfull of table salt before venturing out to prospect for the day.
              G'Day Mate

Comment

First real hot day this year, how’s everyone holding up?

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                  First real hot day this year, how’s everyone holding up?
                  Fine, put up 200ft of 8ft board on board fence, I did go through a lot of water and two shirts/pants

Comment

I hate it when I perspire in my dress shirt on the way through the parking lot.

On a serious note I did like 3 hours of yardwork Saturday in the middle of the day and it was hot but not unbearable.

Comment

Been there and done that! Fuck doing that again.

Comment

Outside today in the sun!

Found some pickles they sell at racetrack called “dilly bites” and they help a lot if u ever get cramps..
                        "PSH!!!"

Comment

Come work with me on the railroad. Elevated surface, covered in essentially granite all around to absorb the heat, and then the steel rail to absorb even more of it. Its fucking HOT. My truck was showing 114 today before the clouds moved in.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                            Come work with me on the railroad. Elevated surface, covered in essentially granite all around to absorb the heat, and then the steel rail to absorb even more of it. Its fucking HOT. My truck was showing 114 today before the clouds moved in.
                            That’s like walking around in a fucking oven!
                            "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                              Yea, but you get that Choo Choo money.

Comment

Working...
                              X