Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sucks that he did that....that GF must feel really good right now
    Originally posted by Da Prez
    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
      Death is something you face alone. Your death is your own damn business, but I believe most suicides are pathetic.
      A complete and utter lack of hope is in an enormous weight to bear!

My sincere condolences to those who mentioned here that they have lost someone to suicide. That too, is an enormous weight to bear!

David

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
        A complete and utter lack of hope is in an enormous weight to bear!

My sincere condolences to those who mentioned here that they have lost someone to suicide. That too, is an enormous weight to bear!

David
        Only for pansies that are quitters.

The French Foreign Legion has a saying that I have always liked; "March or die".
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
          Sucks that he did that....that GF must feel really good right now
          I dont know about that she was a world class whoer. They had been dating for a couple of years and she got pregnant. She was about 6 months pregnant and I don't know if it was guilt or hormones but she told him she had been with several other men and the baby may not be his. She dumped him then went and hooked up with someone else. Then a couple months later started talking to him and wanting to get back together then she was gone again. That was the night he punched his ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
            It's the most selfish thing a person can do.
            People who commit suicide aren’t in their right mind, or suicide wouldn’t even be on the table. You have obviously had something happen to make you think this way. I hope you open your mind and listen to someone, possibly read up on the subject. It might open your eyes and change your hardline stance. Have you ever read the side effects of anti depression medication? Are you aware of the chemical imbalances that happen when things change in your body? I had a relative die of kidney failure. He was ready to go, and kept refusing dialysis. In the last few days, he couldn’t remember names, he thought we were trying to kill him, and he couldn’t even find his own closet to get dressed. The toxins he wasn’t pissing out, were affecting his mental state. I’ve seen the same thing happen with family that died of cancer. This isn’t as black and white as you appear to think. We literally pump people full of poison and then judge them when shit goes sideways. Sad to say I’ve lost over 20 friends and family members to suicide. One was my mentor. I used to think it was for the mentally weak, and that was an absolutely ignorant belief.

Only for pansies that are quitters
            Shut the fuck up.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              People who commit suicide aren’t in their right mind, or suicide wouldn’t even be on the table. You have obviously had something happen to make you think this way. I hope you open your mind and listen to someone, possibly read up on the subject. It might open your eyes and change your hardline stance. Have you ever read the side effects of anti depression medication? Are you aware of the chemical imbalances that happen when things change in your body? I had a relative die of kidney failure. He was ready to go, and kept refusing dialysis. In the last few days, he couldn’t remember names, he thought we were trying to kill him, and he couldn’t even find his own closet to get dressed. The toxins he wasn’t pissing out, were affecting his mental state. I’ve seen the same thing happen with family that died of cancer. This isn’t as black and white as you appear to think. We literally pump people full of poison and then judge them when shit goes sideways. Sad to say I’ve lost over 20 friends and family members to suicide. One was my mentor. I used to think it was for the mentally weak, and that was an absolutely ignorant belief.

Shut the fuck up.
              A lot of what he says and Alex Jones are out of this world but on the Joe Rogan podcast they had a doc on there that really was putting a lot of the blame on anti depressants, anti psychotics and Xanax was a huge one. Once a person starts taking them their body stops making the amount of chemicals it once did and when you stop or try changing scripts it totally fucks you up.

Comment

Shut the fuck up.
                Well said, on both comments!

David

Comment

Good post, and same here.. I used to think much of what was said here (Selfish, easy way out, inconsiderate to survivors) but have learned a lot more about mental illness and depression that has completely changed my opinion on the matter.

I do think that many that take the stance of blaming the person have probably been affected by it personally; and rather than deal with the feelings appropriately, it's easier for them to demonize the person and harden their heart, as to not allow themselves to feel the pain of the loss. In some extreme cases I think it can even be out of a sense of guilt, that they didn't help even when they suspected something may have been wrong.

Comment

My friend committed about 1.5 years ago. It's sad and I hated to see him go, but at least he got to go out on his own terms. There are many people that spend their last years not knowing who they are or having to have someone wipe their ass. I know I would prefer offing myself before losing my dignity.

My friend had been bipolar all of his life and struggled with that. He was a felon so that limited his job possibilities. He was also disabled because of his bad back, so that limited his physical work possibilities. He had been married to the same girl since he was a teen (35 years) . A few months earlier, she had lost her battle with the complications from diabetes after many painful years. After that, his daughters cut off contact with him and wouldn't let him see his grandkids, which was heartbreaking for him. He had been homeless, living in a tent, wondering how he was going to make it and then the SSA kept screwing up what little bit of SSI he was getting (about $160/month). Lots of things to deal with. People were trying to help him out, but his wedding anniversary was coming up and he didn't want to live through it w/o his wife.

One day, he committed a nonviolent kidnapping, but I suppose that was all a setup to have the cops come after him. He ended up getting a motel room in Irving. Then calling the cops to tell them to come get him, that he had a gun. They tried negotiating for several hours, but when they attempted to finally come in, he ended of killing himself.

You never know what someone is going through until you've walked a mile in their shoes. Especially if they have issues like bipolar and they don't have the medication they need to control it.

Comment

Suicide is never the answer!

Only for pansies that are quitters.

The French Foreign Legion has a saying that I have always liked; "March or die".

I disagree. My dad’s youngest brother took his own life after being diagnosed with advanced leukemia. He was a hard man who was very successful in business. He never had health insurance bc he was 41 and in perfect health...or so he thought. He ran 2 marathons a year the previous 5yrs before his death. His house was paid for and he had a nice nest egg saved for their retirement. Doctors gave him a year with treatment and maybe 3-5mos without.
                      So instead of bankrupting his family to extend his life by 6-8mos he went out his own way.
                      It sucked, but I completely understand and hope I’d have the courage to do the same if ever in that situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      Last edited by davbrucas; 07-13-2019, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                        I disagree. My dad’s youngest brother took his own life after being diagnosed with advanced leukemia. He was a hard man who was very successful in business. He never had health insurance bc he was 41 and in perfect health...or so he thought. He ran 2 marathons a year the previous 5yrs before his death. His house was paid for and he had a nice nest egg saved for their retirement. Doctors gave him a year with treatment and maybe 3-5mos without.
                        So instead of bankrupting his family to extend his life by 6-8mos he went out his own way.
                        It sucked, but I completely understand and hope I’d have the courage to do the same if ever in that situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        Terminal illness or a horrific injury with zero hope of receiving assistance for are the only 2 things I see as being a justification for self termination. Your uncle shares my sense of reason.
                        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Depends on the situation in my eyes. Had a friend eat a bullet in front of about 10 of us at a party because his girl dumped him. Two weeks later the owner of the house hung himself because of guilt from it. Some of the roughest stuff I have ever been through. After that I thought suicide was a pussy way out but after watching my buddy Mickey go through 3 rounds of surgeries to remove parts of his throat and most of his tongue and pretty much empty all of his savings due to cancer from dipping for years I can understand. Not saying it's right but I just hope if I am ever in the situation that I feel like ending it I hope people will look at it with an open mind and not judge.

Comment

Originally posted by kobuzz View Post
                            Depends on the situation in my eyes.
                            Exactly. It’s the ultimate ‘fuck you’ when someone does this in front of others or in a home where the family then has to go through the process of cleaning up.

Comment

After watching Chappelle’s new standup, I was wondering why white males are twice as likely to suicide over black males. Is there something in the ways blacks vs whites are raised or is it something as an adult?

Comment

If we are talking stats maybe blacks have less of an emotional attachment to things with the stats of absent father figures in their lives being higher than whites? This kid the thread was started about was black for whatever difference that makes. Some females can screw men's minds up pretty bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X