Not exactly thread worthy but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
    I love oatmeal. My cholesterol was high-ish, but no where near 219.
    Yeah, mine kept creaping up on me, last 3 years, so I knew I had to do something.
    I definitely understand the dislike for oatmeal though, but I have a new found liking for it now.

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
    My doc finally diagnosed me with idiopathic Hypertriglyceridemia (take that Dr. Google! ). Even with diet and fish oil (LOTS of it), my triglycerides are still staying in the mid to high 200s. HDL and LDL are good though.

I'm glad the oatmeal is working for you though. You is a good dude, can't be having you clutch your chest and drop. If you haven't already, give Irish oatmeal a try. It's pretty good.
    Gracias bro.
    And being Irish myself, I'll look that up.

David

Comment

Good job David. Did you see any weight drop?

My eating habits have gone to pure shit since I got back home in December. I would hate to see a Doctor today and have to listen to them tell me exactly what I already know. I just can't find my rhythm with working seconds and this job. I better find my rhythm or some bigger pants though.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
        .....another way we know dfwmustangs is aging........
        You know it is bad when we compare who takes what pills and how much we pay for them. Damn Diavan is costing me $25 a month. lol
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Thanks man.

Yeah, from a high of 250 to about 228 now. Would still like to drop another 15 or so before getting back to the gym and adding some tone.

David

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
            You know it is bad when we compare who takes what pills and how much we pay for them. Damn Diavan is costing me $25 a month. lol
            I often look back and think how funny it is to me on how priorities change and what's important to us now. Its just part of growing up I suppose......

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
              I often look back and think how funny it is to me on how priorities change and what's important to us now. Its just part of growing old I suppose......
              Fixed! I feel ya'...

Comment

<<eating oatmeal right now.

Comment

Good stuff.

By just cleaning up my diet and drinking justwater and tea I've dropped 36 lbs. No telling what else I could lose if I was able to work out. Its amazing what toll eating out does to your body.

Comment

I'd say the post title is completely wrong. This is thread worthy, IMHO. We are aging, even if some aren't maturing... <rim shot> ... I think that we, as a society, have been assaulted with so many advertisements over the years that we simply don't believe them any more. Little truths like the oatmeal are invaluable, if you ask me. I'll be adding this to my diet. Thanks!
                    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

I have oat meal almost daily, it's the instant stuff but still counts. And the Quaker brand is WAY better then that Best Value Walmart shit.
                      Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                        I was hoping he would come in here.
                        Have a question for him...

Found it odd that when I went back for my follow up visit, the doctor insisted on doing another prostrate check.

Me:
                        Doc: now, take your clothes off
                        Me: where should I put them.
                        Doc: Put them on the chair... by mine.
                        Me:

David
                        Apparently, you went to Dr Dave...
                        sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                        17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                        13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                        86 SVO - Sold
                        '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                        01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                        65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Fish oil after every meal is another good way to keep bad cholesterol in check.

Comment

Great job!
                            Love my daily oatmeal with cinnamon roll protein mixed in with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                              I'd say the post title is completely wrong. This is thread worthy, IMHO. We are aging, even if some aren't maturing... <rim shot> ... I think that we, as a society, have been assaulted with so many advertisements over the years that we simply don't believe them any more. Little truths like the oatmeal are invaluable, if you ask me. I'll be adding this to my diet. Thanks!
                              no doubt. very worthy! glad you got your #'s in check man.

god bless.
                              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Good work man. I enjoy oatmeal, so this is an easy one for me. Do oatmeal cookies count?

Comment

Working...
                                X