Running shoes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running shoes?

Anyone here ran with the new balance minimus yet? How'd you like em?

no but i went from asics to the nike free to the 5fingers. i love them!

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I was never the runner type until I bought these:
      Saucony ProGrid Kinvara 2

Light as can be and are very comfortable as well

Comment

Five fingers FTW. I can't run in anything else any more.

Comment

I tend to avoid minimalist running shoes because I can't afford to spend $100 on shoes every 4 months.

Comment

Really? Two years and hundreds of miles on my five fingers and they are still like new. I get them wet all the time in the whirpool and steam room too. Most durable pair of shoes I've ever owned. They smell like shit though

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
              Really? Two years and hundreds of miles on my five fingers and they are still like new. I get them wet all the time in the whirpool and steam room too. Most durable pair of shoes I've ever owned. They smell like shit though
              I'm sure Five Fingers are different because they're not offering traditional cushioning; my comment was in reference to super-lightweight traditional style shoes.

Comment

There are a lot of seasoned runners using those shoes that are having problems they've never had before. Stress fractures being one. Not everyone can wear those shoes.

Comment

You need to check out Newton, made for the minimalist runner but is a standard shoe. These are definitely on my short list for shoes next year.

Comment

6miles on mine last night.

god bless.
                    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                      There are a lot of seasoned runners using those shoes that are having problems they've never had before. Stress fractures being one. Not everyone can wear those shoes.
                      New balances or minimal shoes in general? I've been using my Nike frees for a while now with much less problems than any shoe I had previously had.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowLX View Post
                        New balances or minimal shoes in general? I've been using my Nike frees for a while now with much less problems than any shoe I had previously had.
                        5 fingered things mainly, but some long distance guys are having issues with a lot of the minimalist shoes.

Comment

I use Nike Lunarglide 3 and love them (have several pairs). Not a fan of the minimalist shoes. Gonna be getting some of the Lunarglide 4's sometime soon, and I'll need thicker shoes for the winter since I have Raynaud's.
                          HD Parts
                          paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Originally posted by 89stangGT View Post
                            I use Nike Lunarglide 3 and love them (have several pairs). Not a fan of the minimalist shoes. Gonna be getting some of the Lunarglide 4's sometime soon, and I'll need thicker shoes for the winter since I have Raynaud's.
                            I'm looking into a pair of those when my current pair of Sauconys die. Those things are a steal if they last as long as people have indicated they do and are comfortable at all/moderately light.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                              I'm looking into a pair of those when my current pair of Sauconys die. Those things are a steal if they last as long as people have indicated they do and are comfortable at all/moderately light.
                              comfortable to me and I have shitloads of miles on them and they're still in one piece.
                              HD Parts
                              paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Working...
                              X