No announcement yet.

1958 3200 Chevrolet Pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cab in still not on as we have been waiting for some trans cooler line fittings to show up. We did manage to begin on the under dash portion of the wiring and have the fuse panels and PCM all mounted. I finished up the radiator shrouding and got everything mounted to the core/fender support. I also went ahead and notched one of the mid chassis crossmembers for the driveshaft. This should alow us to lower the rear more if we decide it needs it.

Comment

Very nice! Your build has convinced me to strip it down and have the chassis blasted. I wont pollute your build thread but just picked up a 59 BBW fleetside 3600 with deluxe interior this week....porterbuilt is getting ordered today and using a 6.0/4L60E that I picked up from a friend of mine.
      Originally posted by Sgt Beavis
      I don't always like lowered trucks, but when I do, it's because they really kick ass..

Comment

Subscribing.

Nice build man. Diggin it!

David

Comment

Thanks for the interest in the build.

Be sure to make a thread for yours POSYJ.
          Last edited by NoClassic; 11-15-2014, 06:06 PM.

Comment

My dad painted the seat frame and installed the cover. He said the fit was not that great with the brand of cover we used, but I think it turned out alright. He also picked up some new hardware for the door cards and installed those.

Comment

Nice build!

Comment

The cooler fittings showed up today and I just finished bending the hard lines to the front. My dad installed some of the adhesive backed sound dampener and did a couple of smaller trim related things.

cab will go on tomorrow afternoon

Comment

The cab went on earlier today. I should be able to get the fuel lines and brake pedal finished up tomorrow. Once those are done the column and shift linkage can go back in.

Comment

What Radiator did you end up using?
                    Originally posted by Sgt Beavis
                    I don't always like lowered trucks, but when I do, it's because they really kick ass..

Comment

It is just an aluminum version with a larger core made for the truck. I cant remember the brand

Comment

I finished up the fuel lines this evening. I wanted to keep them from being visible on the firewall so it took longer than expected. I will cut and reposition the brake pedal tomorrow and hopefully get the column back in.

Comment

The brake pedal is done and ended up pulling the fuel lines again to add some heat barrier sleeve I had left over from the trans cooler lines. The steering and shifter will go in tomorrow and once some electrical components show up I will move on to the charging system.

Comment

The column and shifter are back in and working. The electrical parts have not arrived so my dad moved on to filling some cracks in the steering wheel so it can get paint.

Comment

The parts we needed showed up so I did all of the battery cables along with the engine, chassis, and body grounds. My dad found a battery with side posts that fit the firewall battery box which allowed me to hide the terminals.

After the weekend I will drill for the engine harness grommet and get it installed for the final time.

Comment

The engine harness and PCM are installed. The chassis side wiring started going in today. We are going to get everything inside the cab wired and then move on to the runs down the frame rails
                                Last edited by NoClassic; 11-26-2014, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X