New Planet Fitness in GP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
    There is a smaller gym off 121/hardwood across from Firestone. Last i saw it was $12a month. I have
    Not been inside. I rather join a small gym then a big gym.
    And there are also rumors 24 is thinking about building another gym off 121 in the Euless/Grapevine area.

Comment

There already is a LA fitness off 121/Glade.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
        I don't gym, but is that a real thing? An alarm if you drop a weight?
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
          I don't gym, but is that a real thing? An alarm if you drop a weight?

Yep, or if you grunt, or even breath heavy. It's to save fragile little egos that can't even spell intensity.

Comment

So at sign up, you become aware of those rules.

Comment

24 Hour Fitness is a good gym. Get into the classes. A lot of times it depends on the instructor but Body Pump and 24 Hour Cycle is where it's at. Loved those classes when I worked there. I was fortunate to have badass instructors though. You'll get the community feel after a few classes and you'll be addicted. Good luck dude. Planet Fitness sucks. My roommate joined planet fitness like 6 months ago because his girlfriend was there. He's gained 20 (fat) lbs since then.
              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                Yep, or if you grunt, or even breath heavy. It's to save fragile little egos that can't even spell intensity.
                However if you identify yourself as a female you can use the women's locker room regardless of gender.

A Michigan woman lost her gym membership over the “inappropriate” manner in which she complained about a transgender woman in the locker room.

Comment

I have been a member of planet fitness in Tulsa and now in lubbock. Tulsa used to sound the alarm all of the time. Lubbock I haven't even heard it in almost 3 years.
                  2006 Civic SI
                  2009 Pilot
                  1988 GT
                  CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Google map show another gym off 183 by the Dallas Gold & Silver. For the big boys

Comment

No offense dude, but I'd be pissed if you asked to work in, and then 2 more tag along.
                      Be pissed all you want, I would still be friendly and move as fast as possible about it and make sure my partners did as well.

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                      No kidding. You'd see me not get up after my next set while I played in my cell phone for the 2 minutes between lifts. And I would magically have 6 more sets
                      Me and you would then have problem.

Originally posted by Nate View Post
                      Justin - That is pretty much a dick move there...
                      Not quite, you don't understand how many people are there on mondays(keep in mind I have worked out daily at many gyms for 14yrs now and very rarely have any issues whatsoever). I'm not some big bully, I am just someone that is dedicated and wants to continually progress is all and don't mind sharing one bit. I always let someone work in if they ever ask to.

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                      Roughly 6 more weeks until the bigger gym in Bedford is open.
                      Yes indeed May 22nd is approaching and I sure hope the layout upstairs increases with them removing the walls to the extra rooms. All weights will be contained upstairs. Otherwise, I most likely will end up somewhere else.

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                      And there are also rumors 24 is thinking about building another gym off 121 in the Euless/Grapevine area.
                      I ran that by the manager of the 1 story and he said that sometimes 24hr will purchase land and then corporate will then decide if they want to build on it.
                      Last edited by stangin4lyfe; 04-15-2015, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                        Be pissed all you want, I would still be friendly and move as fast as possible about it and make sure my partners did as well.

Me and you would then have problems tough guy.

Not quite, you don't understand how many people are there on mondays(keep in mind I have worked out daily at many gyms for 14yrs now and very rarely have any issues whatsoever). I'm not some big bully, I am just someone that is dedicated and wants to continually progress is all.
                        You can justify it however you want, it's a dick move, and I'd be inclined to do the same as Ruffdaddy, and park my happy ass until I was done, at my pace. Don't like it? Pick something else to workout with for the time being, I do it all the time.

You call him the "tough guy," yet you're the one insinuating that you would do something. What are you gonna do, start a fight? Bitch to the manager? Get over yourself dude, you don't own the place, and it isn't your God-given right to decide work in, regardless of whether or not you're wearing a smile.

Comment

You can justify it however you want, it's a dick move, and I'd be inclined to do the same as Ruffdaddy, and park my happy ass until I was done, at my pace. Don't like it? Pick something else to workout with for the time being, I do it all the time.

You call him the "tough guy," yet you're the one insinuating that you would do something. What are you gonna do, start a fight? Bitch to the manager? Get over yourself dude, you don't own the place, and it isn't your God-given right to decide work in, regardless of whether or not you're wearing a smile.
                          Actually Aaron you don't know the atmosphere there. If we could work out something else we would but you would also have to wait for that machine too or work in. We change our routine every single day because of this but there still is a wait For ANYTHING. As I said before every single machine and weight is taken. Like all gyms, Monday's are the worst.

I never "insinuated" anything, I just simply said I would have a problem with somebody parking their self on a bench and playing on their cell phone instead of sharing the equipment during their rest periods.
                          Last edited by stangin4lyfe; 04-15-2015, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Please keep this section clean.
                            Sorry to ask to work in with you guys, lol

Comment

Dude no ones posting dirty stuff. You just keep deleting my comments because you can't handle someone responding with something you dont like.
                              Last edited by Ruffdaddy; 04-15-2015, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                                Me and you would then have problem.

Hey hey, keep it clean in here.
                                Originally posted by davbrucas
                                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Working...
                                X