Prescription sunglasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prescription sunglasses

Has anyone been down this road? From an active stand point. I have been looking at prescription sunglasses, primarily for cycling. Holy crap they are expensive.

Has anyone had good luck? Good clarity? I reached out to my vision insurance and it seems, from their explanation that they do not offer any coverage or reimbursement for sunglasses. So at $400-500 it is a tough pill to swallow.

My biggest decision is whether to try prescription sunglasses, or to attempt contacts again and not have to worry with the added cost of the prescription lens.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Contacts.

I was told that Oakley is developing a Rx prescription spray but dunno if its true or not.

Comment

Laser Eye Surgery.. I have saved way more in glasses, contacts, etc than I spent on the surgery (just over 10 years ago).

Comment

Problem solved!

Comment

Marisa has used coastal.com lately and gotten really inexpensive rx frames and lenses for her sunglasses and regular ones.

Comment

They have some kind of digital lense now that helps with the wrap on the lens.

My concerns with contacts are the fact that I will be essentially looking up a lot. Riding we are leaned forward 99% of the time. Not sure how that will affect the lenses with my eyes rolled up. The last time I went with contacts instead of glasses, I had trouble with the lenses. Not sure if my eyes are too dry or if I need a different kind of lens. Finally, I am concerned with whether they are going to dry out with the consant air/wind washing over my face.

Comment

You might look for a set of clip ons for your prescription lenses. That or look at zenni or coastal, they'll be cheaper than your local optometrist for glasses. You can also get prescription safety glasses with tinted lenses or even goggles.

Comment

I got some prescription sunglasses at costco, for under $200. Might be worth checking out.
                Big Rooster Racing
                1985 Mustang GT

Comment

Originally posted by Josh.0 View Post
                  I got some prescription sunglasses at costco, for under $200. Might be worth checking out.
                  We are recent costco members. My fiance and I are going to start using the eye center there.

Comment

Rx sunglasses for me- paid 290 recently at my eye doctor

Comment

Have you thought of just getting the transition glasses.

Comment

Maybe I should have clarified. I am looking for something aero oriented that will sit closer to my face

Comment

Working...
                        X