battery op. weedeater/edger/blower??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battery op. weedeater/edger/blower??

are any of these worth a crap? I just dropped and shattered the carb on my gas one. with as far as the lithium batteries have come I am sure they have enough power. just wondering if anyone uses one of these, or is this the gateway to be trading in the f150 for a prius, becoming an overly sensitive pussy and voting democrat? gracias gents!

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

you have a cordless drill ? none of the cordless shit last . i go out of my wy to find a tool with a cord. i have several cordless drill and the battery is as much as a new one .

Comment

thanks. just talked to my neighbor that has cordless and he hates it. guess I'll retrofit an old holley 750 doublepumper on that sucker!

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
        you have a cordless drill ? none of the cordless shit last . i go out of my wy to find a tool with a cord. i have several cordless drill and the battery is as much as a new one .
        I've got two corded drills that collect dust. I've never had issues with my Ryobi cordless drill or saws.

That said, I fucking loathe gas weedeaters. Bought one, returned it next day. Tried a couple of others, and just can't do it. I don't know if it's because I'm really tall or what, but trying to hold them at the right angle without burning myself is extremely uncomfortable. I've talked to a few others who have the exact same issue. I know other people love them, so go figure.

Anyway, I don't have an answer to the OP, sorry! Thankfully, I got rid of all of my lawn equipment when I moved to the mountains, and now I just shovel snow instead.

Comment

Check out the new DeWalt outdoor stuff. 20V will handle most jobs but if you have some serious bahia to trim, might need to step up to 40V. I'll never go back to gas on a string trimmer.

Comment

I guess it depends on how much weedeating you do. If you are using it to edge the sidewalk and driveway, I probably would stick with gas. if you are just trimming around the fence, house and trees, cordless will probably be fine.

Comment

liberal puss
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post

That said, I fucking loathe gas weedeaters. Bought one, returned it next day. Tried a couple of others, and just can't do it. I don't know if it's because I'm really tall or what, but trying to hold them at the right angle without burning myself is extremely uncomfortable. I've talked to a few others who have the exact same issue. I know other people love them, so go figure.
                Was this while you were trying to edge with it? Were you turning/adjusting the head(extension) or were you turning the whole weedeater to edge?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                  Was this while you were trying to edge with it? Were you turning/adjusting the head(extension) or were you turning the whole weedeater to edge?
                  This was for weed eating. I'm not an idiot. lol

Comment

A buddy of mine that has an acre fenced for this house bought one of the big lithium battery powered weed eaters and swears buy it. He immediately said that it didnt have anything close to the amount of vibration his gas trimmers did, and his hands didnt go numb. Said the battery lasted long enough to do what he wanted. I asked about power and he felt like it had more at lower rpm than his gas ones.

YMMV
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                      This was for weed eating. I'm not an idiot. lol
                      I had to ask. I do know what you mean, though. I sometimes get a burn around my elbow if I'm not careful.

Comment

I had a Troy built one and it worked great until I broke the battery. I have the 40v Black and decker now and it works great. I got the combo kit with the leaf blower, the weed eater works great, I run it on the medium power setting and it does edging and everything just fine without kicking shit everywhere and the head can swivel to do edging. The leaf blower is okay, weak when compared to a gas or even a corded.

Comment

I bought a two cycle Troy Bilt straight shaft a couple of years ago and I'm not too thrilled with it. It's loud, heavy, vibrates, not easy to start, and it doesn't have much power. I was looking at the 40v Dewalt the other day and it looks pretty damn nice.

Comment

They have good ratings.. Im on an acre and dont think the battery will last with the amount of weed eating I do.. I went with gas. If you can find the Ryobi at Home Depot with the 48V still, they are on clearance. Like $30

Comment

Junk! Keep a few carbs handy and some ether. If the bulb won't stay pumped up the carb is screwed unless you like fixing them. The ethanol in the gas ruins them. Gas power ftw though all day. If you can buy the non e fuel its a good idea. All my stuff is gas and way over 5 yrs old home lite shit
                              Last edited by Captain Crawfish; 05-23-2016, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X