Keto diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
    You have yet to explain how my strength levels have not changed since starting this routine. Also, you have yet to combat any of this with good information other than an opinion. There’s no substance in your “calling this shit out,” dear coach.
    There are approximately 3500 calories in a lb of fat. If we make the very generous assumption that you are burning 3,000 calories of PURE FAT per day...you are losing 0.86 lbs of fat per day. So your 6 lbs in 51 hours will consist of 1.83lbs of fat with those very generous aassumptions. That's 4lbs of mass lost that falls in the "other" category.

Sorry for not spelling it out for you, I thought you knew what you were talking about.

Comment

• You've already said that in a half-assed way, and it doesn't explain the consistent strength levels.

Comment

• A significant part of the "other" category is typically water weight.

Comment

• No counter advice from the notorious Coach Fluff, either. Just empty opinions. When starting keto I was 255. Took 14 months to reach 222. I had stalling issues and had to constantly tweak fat/protein intake. No strength loss. On the Snake Diet I went from 222 to 212. No strength loss, but somehow it's wrong. lulz...
          Even if there was a loss of muscle I would not have cared because it's nothing that can't be gained again. It's a marathon, Coach Fluff! Not a sprint!

Comment

• 3500 in a pound of blubber that’s good info

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
              You've already said that in a half-assed way, and it doesn't explain the consistent strength levels.
              1 - mass isnt always a direct correlation with strength. They trend together but its not as simple as saying 1lb of muscle loss is 5lbs lower bench press.

2 - just because you think you're as weak as you've always been doesnt mean anything. A true measure of strength takes a lot more than just a workout. It's one if the dumbest ways to try and quantify muscle loss. Especially since you're only talking about upper body. I'm sure those chicken legs keep wasting away.

3 - unless you've got some PEDs, you re not going to just gain that muscle back without adding fat back on. Then you're going to be in this endless loop of the starvation diet then weight gain.

Either way you've finally admitted that snake diet guy is wrong and you're losing muscle. So I'll take that victory and let you keep wasting your time with bad decisions.

Comment

• Alrighty, CoachFluff. If mass isn't a direct correlation, why should I care if my strength levels are the same? You're also saying that core strength and legs may have suffered more than upper body, or is it just you being butt sore? Tomorrow is leg day so we'll see what happens.
                As far as being wrong:
                Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                Even if there was a loss of muscle I would not have cared.
                Your English teacher failed you. It basically boils down to you having no experience with significant weight loss and your opinions have zero merit. You are the WORST weight loss coach ever!

Comment

• No updates? 210 as of now. Doing 24's after my last 72 and sticking with 500 calories. Still no strength loss.

Comment

• 2 Weeks and 1.5 days into Keto again (did it in the spring). I reached my heaviest ever and said screw this, want to fit into old clothes. In 2 weeks I'm down 6 lbs, goal is about 25 lbs.
                    Originally posted by stevo
                    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• I’m down 20lbs as if this morning. Keto has been a surprisingly easy adjustment so far.

Comment

• I'm still stuck in the 204-206 range. I've been falling off the wagon lately, and eating absolute crap. But I'm aiming to brake the magic 200 mark by Monday. Wish me luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          I’m down 20lbs as if this morning. Keto has been a surprisingly easy adjustment so far.
                          Way to go, asshole! IMO it gets easier as time passes. Last few days I've been feasting on some awesome pot roast and a chicken/bacon goulash sprinkled with shredded cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                            I'm still stuck in the 204-206 range. I've been falling off the wagon lately, and eating absolute crap. But I'm aiming to brake the magic 200 mark by Monday. Wish me luck.
                            Good luck, getting into "onederland" is a big milestone accomplishment.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                              Good luck, getting into "onederland" is a big milestone accomplishment.
                              Thanks. I can't wait, but man when you get busy and stressed, and don't get lunch brakes, wake up late, and bla bla bla, its just to easy to eat the things you shouldn't. I'm fighting the junk food cravings lately and loosing. It really is amazing how when you eat sugar and carb loaded food that you are so much more hungry all the damn time. Got to get back on track.

Comment

• I keep some things at work so if I have to miss lunch I won't reach for the usual junk snacks. I like to have salted almonds, regular pork skins, no-sugar-added jerky, and even a few Atkins bars available. Hard boiled eggs to this day remain one of my favorites too.

After all this time if I do eat a high-carb item I almost feel like I have indigestion. Some of that may be psychological, but most I think has to do with the change in my metabolism.

Comment

Working...
                                X