No announcement yet.

Internet providers..how to locate them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet providers..how to locate them?

We've had AT&T DSL direct going on 2 years now...the price isn't bad at about 20 bucks a month give or take...but as time goes by it has become increasingly unreliable...for hours at a time sometimes (its been down now for about 2 hours and I'm tethered to my phone to type this). AT&T always claims there is nothing wrong when you call...even though the modem is unable to detect a DSL signal (and I have verified that its not the modem as I have 2 of them...one is a backup in case the POS 2Wire they shipped us craps out like the previous one did). I have done the resets from the advanced 2Wire management console..and still the problems persist..I think its just that AT&T fucking SUCKS. I'm looking for all available options in area code 75154 for high speed internet that DON'T cost 100 bucks a month. My tethered Evo 4G on a weak 3G signal is far more reliable than AT&T's DSL crap service.

You might do some research over at http://www.dslreports.com and see what's available. Just a quick search doesn't seem to be coming up with anything much better than what you have. How many times have you called tech support? Is there a pattern to the dropped connections i.e. rain or wind?

Comment

I work for dsl dept for them. Shoot me a pm of your # and I can check it when I come into work at 11.

Comment

Rafa will get you hooked up or try to at least. I was in the same exact boat as you were. I ended up saying fuck it and went to charter.

Comment

Working...
        X