Proud dad brag.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proud dad brag.

You've all heard me bitch and moan about the cost of my kids volleyball and such, but there's another side to the way I feel on the topic. My daughter is the shortest girl on her school team, but is a friggen force of nature out there. She's the one her coach doesn't sub out. she plays all the way around this season, and last week got her first block at the net. Her hits, dives, and foot work have all made leaps and bounds this year. I hate to say it, but the club stuff is really paying off. Other parents from the other teams we play have come up to us and made comments about her tenacity on the court. School ball is fun to watch but I'm really excited about club in November. her whole team is on par with her and that group of 13yo. girls is flat scary. I wouldn't want to meet them in a dark ally or on a volleyball court. I'm going to say that this is officially a better waste of money than any project car I've ever owned.

Good girl! We did softball for 13yrs and sometimes it was a drag, mostly it was very satisfying to watch my daughter hit them over the fence and make plays that there's no way in hell I ever could imagine making!

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
      Good girl! We did softball for 13yrs and sometimes it was a drag, mostly it was very satisfying to watch my daughter hit them over the fence and make plays that there's no way in hell I ever could imagine making!
      It's real fun watching her spike on these girls twice her size. Though the bst moment is when the other club girls flinch at her hits. and it gives us stuff to talk about together. last night driving home from practice we talked the whole way. It started with volleyball then turned to ther parts of her teenage life that she never would have just started a conversation about. Totally worth it.

Comment

This is why we do competitive baseball and softball along with a couple of other sports. Make the most of the time we got with them, keeps them busy and generally is fun. Although for those two it seems to be either way too hot or way too cold considering those two can go Feb to Dec depending on the team.

My girl has an interest in volleyball, just has not quite clicked yet with softball in the way. It's fun watching little girls get after it and be aggressive and competitive.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
          This is why we do competitive baseball and softball along with a couple of other sports. Make the most of the time we got with them, keeps them busy and generally is fun. Although for those two it seems to be either way too hot or way too cold considering those two can go Feb to Dec depending on the team.

My girl has an interest in volleyball, just has not quite clicked yet with softball in the way. It's fun watching little girls get after it and be aggressive and competitive.
          Girls volleyball has gotten huge. there are so many clubs these days, its crazy. I like it bacause A/C and stuff. but may it gets loud at tournaments. My buddy's girl plays softball and thats a beating on the parents. lol

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
            Girls volleyball has gotten huge. there are so many clubs these days, its crazy. I like it bacause A/C and stuff. but may it gets loud at tournaments. My buddy's girl plays softball and thats a beating on the parents. lol
            It's a whooping, but fun. My son wrestled when he was little for a couple years. 6-10 mats in a gym and all the noise. Swear I got hearing loss from those weekends.

Volleyball is a great sport for kids too - technically don't need a lot to practice either. Sure it's like all the others - plenty of ways to spend money getting better at it.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
            X