Mild rubbing compound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
    Ok reverse what I said then. I did the whole jeep in the more aggressive compound. I skipped the polishing compound.
    You will notice a difference finishing with 205
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
      You will notice a difference finishing with 205
      I think I was just so thrilled with where it was from where it started I didn't think it could get much better. I will hit a fender with the 205 and check it out.

Comment

Sadly there is no concrete method that works on everything. I've done exact make / Model / color / year with Nick and both cars reacted differently to different steps.

Every car is different. You just have to play with it and practice.
        www.facebook.com/hilldetailworks

Comment

Originally posted by Counterfiend View Post
          Sadly there is no concrete method that works on everything. I've done exact make / Model / color / year with Nick and both cars reacted differently to different steps.

Every car is different. You just have to play with it and practice.
          Well I believe its down to chemistry. So basically what you're saying is, a different type of clear coat will require a different type of buffing method, such as different chemicals being used.
          WH

Comment

some cars have much harder clear, like corvettes for instance.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                Huh?
                I can't make that any clearer. Some vehicles have harder higher quality clear coats, which require more aggressive polishing, such as corvettes, some European cars, exotics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  I can't make that any clearer. Some vehicles have harder higher quality clear coats, which require more aggressive polishing, such as corvettes, some European cars, exotics, etc.
                  From what I've seen on the car shows on TV, the harder clear is supposed to be the more expensive clear. For obvious reasons I guess. Longer lasting, more resistant to scratches.

I guess I could always find out exactly what clear was used on a 1994 model Mustang GT, and then act accordingly. But from your pics I'm going to try what you recommended first. I love the shine on those stocks.
                  WH

Comment

Clear on a 94 Mustang isn't all that hard. Most of the harder clears are actually baked on rather than left to air cure. And when I said not all cars are the same I mean it. I 2 back to back Vette's with Nick. Both same year, color, etc. And both needed an entirely different process to get the same result.

Yes 205/105 are great for general purpose use and likely will give you the result you are looking for. But don't expect it to work on EVERY car EVERY time.
                    www.facebook.com/hilldetailworks

Comment

Originally posted by Counterfiend View Post
                      Clear on a 94 Mustang isn't all that hard. Most of the harder clears are actually baked on rather than left to air cure. And when I said not all cars are the same I mean it. I 2 back to back Vette's with Nick. Both same year, color, etc. And both needed an entirely different process to get the same result.

Yes 205/105 are great for general purpose use and likely will give you the result you are looking for. But don't expect it to work on EVERY car EVERY time.
                      Thanks! Free education up in hurr
                      WH

Comment

Working...
                      X