This was a costly mistake...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This was a costly mistake...

$950 MSRP handgun. There is damage on the slide like it fell out of a holster. Jogger maybe? Doubt the person who owned it will fess up, so bye bye nearly $1K

Frisco couple finds loaded gun across street from middle school

FRISCO, Texas — Peter and Christie Kiriazes take a 3-mile walk through their Frisco neighborhood every day.

"We just walk and talk. It's usually the same route every time we go," said Christie. And most of the time those walks are uneventful, until last Friday.

"I did not notice it, he noticed it. It was only a few inches from the sidewalk," Christie said pointing to her husband Peter. The couple found a loaded gun in the grass near the sidewalk and across the street from Cobb Middle School. Several people tell WFAA the gun is a Sig 1911 Ultra Compact .45.

"As I got closer, I realized that the safety was off and the hammer was back. And I thought, 'Oh my Gosh!'" Peter said.

Peter is an avid gun owner, and so he carefully wrapped it in his belt and took it home and called police. "There was five in the magazine and one in the chamber, so it was missing two rounds," Peter said.

The couple found the gun just 15 minutes before school let out. "Even that night I couldn't sleep because I'm thinking of the 'What If? What if we didn't find that gun?'" Christie said.

That's what many parents in the neighborhood are asking now. The district says Frisco Police is handling this investigation. The police report reads investigators tried to trace the gun to a case in Little Elm, but the gun didn't match. Frisco Police Department is still looking for the owner.

Peter hopes parents and kids talk about what to do in this situation: call police and never try to handle the gun. A spokesperson for the police department also echoed this advice. If it hadn't been for Peter and Christie, this could be a very different story.

My guess is a kid took it from his Dad and got scared and dumped it.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Based on the scrape marks on the slide it wasn't a jogger. my guess somebody set it on the car and forgot it and it bounced and skipped its way to where it was found

Comment

Gun was loaded with FMJ rounds. Not exactly the best ammo to carry for self defense. Nice little gun. Wonder if they'll find the owner..and if so what if any charges will be filed.

Comment

Can you charge someone for losing a gun?

Comment

Kind of idiotic to just wrap it up and take it home.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
              Can you charge someone for losing a gun?
              You could be charged with a class c misdemeanor than can upgrade to an a if someone is injured.

Comment

Frisco kid probably stole from his dad, they did something stupid and tossed it without thinking.. I bet they shot it at something, someone saw them and they scattered.. tossed it so if they were stopped there wasn’t evidence..

That’s how it went down in my brain
                "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                  Based on the scrape marks on the slide it wasn't a jogger. my guess somebody set it on the car and forgot it and it bounced and skipped its way to where it was found
                  A few guns have been found on Beltline just up the road from the Dallas Pistol Club from the exact same cause that you were describing.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                    A few guns have been found on Beltline just up the road from the Dallas Pistol Club from the exact same cause that you were describing.
                    Kind of what I was thinking might have happened...there are a few gun ranges not too terribly far from there.

Comment

I need to start cruising on by there

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                        I need to start cruising on by there
                        Most of them fall off on the dirt road going out of the place. I had to chase down a Carrollton PD officer while I was on foot because I saw his rifle fall off of the back of his car as he was going out of the gate. Pretty damn sure he kept that info to himself.
                        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

My wife was a few miles from her college one day and some guy cut her off and then she got around him. He come flying up next to her to yell at her and then slammed on the brakes backing off. About that time I texted her and asked if my gun was on the hood of her car. She was like oh yeahhhhhhhh, no wonder he looked at her crazy and slammed on the brakes. Her Versa had a nice little pocket by the wipers and when I was working on shit I always laid it up there. Made it 30 miles or more.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Most of them fall off on the dirt road going out of the place. I had to chase down a Carrollton PD officer while I was on foot because I saw his rifle fall off of the back of his car as he was going out of the gate. Pretty damn sure he kept that info to himself.
                            Found a FBI guys gun in the shitter at the county gun range. No living that one down as we had to announce it to find out whos it was.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

People are over hyping this because it was close to a middle school and "some kids could have found it." The reality is, it was Frisco. Those overprotective parents don't let their kids out of their sight. They all get dropped off and picked up by the parents. None of those kids walk home. Those kids don't go out to play and walk around the neighborhoods like we used to.
                              Originally posted by Marisa
                              we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Working...
                              X