4 Day Water Only Fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D. Lil View Post
    No I didn't. I have some strips at home but sadly they don't have them in the PX (Baghdad) here lol
    We don't even have a PX.

I've got some here I brought back with me last trip.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I've been doing a little reading since this popped up. I decided I would see if I could complete a dinner-dinner fast to begin with. I started with dinner last night. Lets see if I survive my monday!
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I ended up starting yesterday. I ate my breakfast and then went to water only since then. Been 34 hours since last digestive calorie consumed. I figure based on the way I feel right now I can hit 72.

Went to the gym and had chest, upper back, biceps, triceps today. I turned it way down and stuck to 3 sets of 10 for each exercise. I most certainly felt much weaker than I should have.

That said, tomorrow is legs and I think I will go days off until after my 72 is up.

Comment

thanks for turning me on to Joe Rogan's podcasts. I never listen to anyone on this format. But have been listening for hours.

Found his interview with Mark Sissons fascinating.

Comment

Originally posted by D. Lil View Post

So I just started this book, The Complete Guide to Fasting: Heal Your Body Through Intermittent, Alternate-Day, and Extended by Jason Fung. Lots of good info rebutting all the myths associated with fasting and backs everything up with studies. $10 on amazon kindle
            I'm going to check that out.

I've been fasting this year on my own, off and on, but it just seemed natural to me. I've had some serious acid reflux in recent past so I'm completely re-evaluating my diet, starting from scratch. I'll shut down my eating altogether for 2-3 days at a time, only one coffee and water continuously, and I feel fantastic. Im 175 and healthy (relatively speaking) and I'm that much more focused on my diet now.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
              thanks for turning me on to Joe Rogan's podcasts. I never listen to anyone on this format. But have been listening for hours.

https://youtu.be/Nwd6InD2nDk
              Check out podcast #911 lol

Comment

I lost 8 pounds a week on negative calorie foods a couple years ago. I havent done it without a gallbladder, but I've been thinking about doing it again recently. With the amount of house crap we've been dealing with, I havent made a meal at home more than a handful of times in a month.

There's no way I could do water only. For more than a few hours.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I was crazy hungry on day 2 and a little day 3, days 4-6 were the easiest! I was water only, no coffee or tea.
                  Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

I have done 48 hour fast but nothing longer yet. The science is showing how helpful it is but it is dang hard to do with a 2 year old.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                      I lost 8 pounds a week on negative calorie foods a couple years ago. I havent done it without a gallbladder, but I've been thinking about doing it again recently. With the amount of house crap we've been dealing with, I havent made a meal at home more than a handful of times in a month.

There's no way I could do water only. For more than a few hours.
                      I thought the same thing. I did 24 hrs yesterday (dinner Sunday to dinner Monday). It wasn't too bad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I only made it 53ish hours.

Woke up this morning with absolutely no energy. Had to make my rounds on base and just felt like shit. So I made the decision it was time to eat.

Before I ate though, I jumped on a scale. Wearing only skivies and socks I weighed in at 184 dead even. The day before I started I weighed after my shower with just a towel at 188. So I calculate a solid 4 pound loss.

First meal was just 3 slices of deli cut ham, 3 slices of cheese and a tortilla for a wrap. It went straight through me. But an hour to two later I felt great. Energy right back up.

Around hour 30 I started using Ketone urine test strips with each piss. The color indicator as of the first test at 30 showed I was getting a small trace of Ketones in my urine. Then by hour 48 I was getting a moderate. So I was burning fat.

I fucked up starting right after a small breakfast without planning at 0715. And that meal came 17 hours after the meal before it at 1415 the previous day. In the future, I will start after a dinner meal at 1800.
                        Last edited by KBScobravert; 06-13-2017, 06:45 AM.

Comment

https://youtu.be/Nwd6InD2nDk
                          Absolutely! He always has really interesting, diverse people on. If you want to really have your mind blown listen to one with Randall Carlson and Graham Hancock!

Comment

I only made it 53ish hours.

Woke up this morning with absolutely no energy. Had to make my rounds on base and just felt like shit. So I made the decision it was time to eat.

Before I ate though, I jumped on a scale. Wearing only skivies and socks I weighed in at 184 dead even. The day before I started I weighed after my shower with just a towel at 188. So I calculate a solid 4 pound loss.

First meal was just 3 slices of deli cut ham, 3 slices of cheese and a tortilla for a wrap. It went straight through me. But an hour to two later I felt great. Energy right back up.

Around hour 30 I started using Ketone urine test strips with each piss. The color indicator as of the first test at 30 showed I was getting a small trace of Ketones in my urine. Then by hour 48 I was getting a moderate. So I was burning fat.

I fucked up starting right after a small breakfast without planning at 0715. And that meal came 17 hours after the meal before it at 1415 the previous day. In the future, I will start after a dinner meal at 1800.

Nice man! Yeah, that's what this book I'm reading has said. If you start feeling shitty just call it and eat. And yeah I think it's probably best to have dinner be your last meal. That's what I did my last fast (it was also cheat day so I fucking pigged out). Gunna do it again after cheat day on Friday! Gunna shoot for 4 days this time. And I'm still down 4 pounds since my last fast about 2 weeks ago by eating low/no carb during the week except for 2 cheat days.

Comment

I've been hung up on doing this for a while, still haven't executed though, lots of great info on the Ferriss podcasts that I've listened to. My biggest issue would be caffeine, I guess I could drop the coffee and just take a caffeine pill. I can't do straight black coffee, maybe I should try harder :-O
                              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Cool story bros:

I have a friend that is just one of those odd people who... for some reason just doesn't get very hungry. One of those skinny guys who doesn't eat much. He told me that it seemed a bit odd to him too, when he began to notice how much other people actually eat. So last year he decided to see how long it would take him to get hungry. 3 days. He didn't eat for 3 days and wasn't hungry until near the end of the 3rd day. I ain't wired that way. My stomach is bitching at me after about 4 hours after waking up.
                                WH

Comment

Working...
                                X