No announcement yet.

Birddog0347 rescues a Fox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS pump back on it, injectors with new o rings and cups installed and harness reconnected. I also had disconnected my steering shaft in order to install the drivers header which I did before putting the shaft back in place so the header had to be removed again to get it all back together properly... that was a waste of an hour.

Almost there... this was yesterday.

Had to stop last night cause I was too tired and drunk after 12 hours of working on it and couldn't get it to start due to the distributor being 180 degrees off. So this morning I got up and fixed the distributor and it fired right up. I Still have a few issues though, the connection at the heater core is leaking and there is no boost on the brakes even though the vacuum lines are hooked up so I need to figure out what's going on with that. There's also a screech/squeal that you can hear in the video where it sounds like the belt is slipping or the fan clutch or something like that. It used to do it every time I started the car before the HCI swap but not after that... now it does it every time I step on the gas from idle till about 1500-2000 RPM.

Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• Got the squeal/screech issue fixed... the belt wasn't tight enough. I also fixed the coolant leak issue I had on the test drive by tightening the hose clamp... who knew that could cause a fluid leak?

Stevo

Comment

• I got the squirts...

MS2PNP with the Innovate LC2 wideband controller and sensor/gauge. Going to try and install this afternoon and get it running with the base map before I put the WB on it as I don't want to over-complicate things. One step at a time for me.

Stevo

Comment

• FWIW, I would put the wideband on from the get-go.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            FWIW, I would put the wideband on from the get-go.
            Absolutely.
            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
            dont downshift!!
            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• I wanted to be sure it would start up first, which it did within 1 second of cranking... I still need to install that, and lower the idle after making sure the MS2PNP can see and control the timing properly, idle is currently like 1500 so I think it's the adjustment screw which I had to mess with on the stock ECU but so far so good, I'm impressed.

Stevo

Comment

• That's the same combo I'm going to be running on my car.
                Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Hey bird dog, your inbox is full, just a shot in the dark but do you still have those part numbers for the brake parts for the IRS swap? Trying to emulate your car to a certain extent and picked up an IRS today. Any help you could throw my way would be much appreciated.

P.S. its time for an update on the car.

Comment

• Originally posted by samuel642000 View Post
                    Hey bird dog, your inbox is full, just a shot in the dark but do you still have those part numbers for the brake parts for the IRS swap? Trying to emulate your car to a certain extent and picked up an IRS today. Any help you could throw my way would be much appreciated.

P.S. its time for an update on the car.
                    Hey man, sorry, I had to renew my VIP membership so inbox is available again.

Are you asking about the brake line fittings? (NAPA part numbers)

WH 1442 - M10x1.0 to 3/8-24 adapters (to connect hard lines to soft lines - two needed)
                    WH 702X3 - Three way 3/8-24 Tee fitting
                    BK 8131204 - 20" pre-fabbed 3/16" hard line with 3/8-24 fittings
                    BK 8131205 - 30" pre-fabbed 3/16" hard line with 3/8-24 fittings

And yeah, I'll try to get some updates on the car posted today as I've done a lot since the last update.

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                      Hey man, sorry, I had to renew my VIP membership so inbox is available again.

Are you asking about the brake line fittings? (NAPA part numbers)

WH 1442 - M10x1.0 to 3/8-24 adapters (to connect hard lines to soft lines - two needed)
                      WH 702X3 - Three way 3/8-24 Tee fitting
                      BK 8131204 - 20" pre-fabbed 3/16" hard line with 3/8-24 fittings
                      BK 8131205 - 30" pre-fabbed 3/16" hard line with 3/8-24 fittings

And yeah, I'll try to get some updates on the car posted today as I've done a lot since the last update.
                      Excellent! This is exactly what I was after, thank you very much.

I hope to see updates soon. I picked up a notch thanks to this thread.

Comment

• Here's a pic of what it should look like underneath (not my car).

Stevo

Comment

Here's a pic of what it should look like underneath (not my car).

Thanks man, makes me want to coat the underside of my car. Now to find the soft lines to the calipers and ill be set.

Comment

Thanks man, makes me want to coat the underside of my car. Now to find the soft lines to the calipers and ill be set.

I used the maximum Motorsport braided ones.

Stevo

Comment

I used the maximum Motorsport braided ones.
                              Yep, I was leaning that way too, trying to get subframe connectors installed before the IRS or at least at the same time to make it easier.

I feel like I know your pain, I have had the car a bit and only driven it very few times. Ready to get it on the road.

Comment

Yep, I was leaning that way too, trying to get subframe connectors installed before the IRS or at least at the same time to make it easier.

I feel like I know your pain, I have had the car a bit and only driven it very few times. Ready to get it on the road.
                                Funny you mention that, it's exactly what I'm trying to finish up (SFC install). I spent yesterday morning working on it and should be done this week now that I have more welding gas. That said, welding them on laying under the car really sucks and I should have just paid a shop to install them. I'll try go get some pics up this week if work calms down.

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                                X