Iron Man 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
    The whole point of him being without his suit was for him to realize that the suit didn't make him Ironman. He "is" Ironman, the suit is just an added bonus. It takes more than just the suit to be Ironman. For all the gadgetry and smarmy attitude its his intellect and pride that gives him the skills to and ability to become the hero he needs to be towards the end of the movie.
    Nah... Ironman is pretty much the suit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
      Nah... Ironman is pretty much the suit.
      Well fuck me, I must've read too deep into it.
      Originally posted by talisman
      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
      Originally posted by AdamLX
      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      Because fuck you, that's why
      Originally posted by 80coupe
      nice dick, Idrivea4banger
      Originally posted by Rick Modena
      ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

• shitty ending,

Comment

• Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
          hope they decide to cast him in iron man 4 but dahm they r going to pay him some $$$
          Can they afford not to? He's basically the Christopher Reeve of the Ironman franchise. They risk 30 years of crap because whoever they stick in the role won't match up. Everyone will be thinking "who the f is this guy and where is Downey Jr?", regardless of how well the actor does.

You can't copy an awesome portayal. Not completely. The tried it with routh in superman returns and wanted him to be exactly like christopher reeve, and he did a great job of it, but when eveyone thought of superman they thought of Reeve and that killed routh off in the end. I still think he was excellent for the role.

We'll see if this new superman works out. The origin story might help this one because Reeve didn't do it, so there isn't his legend to live up to.

Comment

• I thought it was the best of the franchise. Shane black nails everything!

I liked stark being pushed against a wall and showing his smarts to find a way out. That is where he is at his best using his smarts. Although I was very disappointed about what gadgets he came up with to visit the "mandarin".

Very curious what happens next, the new few movies are thor 2, captain america: winter soldier, guardians of the galaxy, and avengers 2. Then antman kicks off next stage, so will we see stark again in avengers 2 or will it be a looong time?

Who are the big shots of guardians of galaxy?

Comment

• Saw it on Saturday with my nephews and gotta say I enjoyed it. I like the sub story with "The Mandarin" and even the Tony Stark psychological issues. Overall it kept me entertained and I'd go see it again.

On a side note, I was going to see this in IMAX 3D and I guess I hadn't realized how expensive tickets had gotten. I hadn't see one in a while, I think it was The Avengers last year, but $16 for an adult? And I think it was $12 for a child. It was going to be $44 for me and my nephews and we spent $21 at the concession stand. Damn!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
                On a side note, I was going to see this in IMAX 3D and I guess I hadn't realized how expensive tickets had gotten. I hadn't see one in a while, I think it was The Avengers last year, but $16 for an adult? And I think it was $12 for a child. It was going to be $44 for me and my nephews and we spent $21 at the concession stand. Damn!
                We did Imax 3d, i do not feel that it added anything to this movie.

Comment

• It was what I expected. I liked the depth it got into and how things were coming apart at the seams but he still managed to get things done. Yes I would have liked a little more action but I also don't have any complaints. I thought RDjr was contracted for 10 films? I could be wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
                    I like the sub story with "The Mandarin"
                    Fuck you. That was the biggest piece of shit idea i've ever seen in a movie.

It was the equivalent of making Luthor a clerical assistant iin a superman movie, or turning the joker into someone who hates batman because he has high blood pressure.

really pissed me off.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus View Post

It was the equivalent of making Luthor a clerical assistant iin a superman movie, or turning the joker into someone who hates batman because he has high blood pressure.

really pissed me off.
                      I thought it was funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus View Post

really pissed me off.

It's a movie.. You might want to switch to decaf.

Comment

• I will say as bummed as I am at the lack of suits in the movie, the manderin twist was awesome. Didn't see that coming at all.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Originally posted by Lason View Post
                            I will say as bummed as I am at the lack of suits in the movie, the manderin twist was awesome. Didn't see that coming at all.

Lack of suits? They were flying all over the place!

Nah I was bummed a bit too at that.

Comment

• Yeah I went in thinking it would start off with tony in the hulk buster moving a car or maybe in one of the deep space suits trying them out but you didn't see them until the end and when you did all you saw was flashes of them. The only suit they showed was the mark42 and it was busted up the whole time. Sucked.

And yeah I get it was about tony figuring out it was him and not the suit but got old IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lason View Post
                                Yeah I went in thinking it would start off with tony in the hulk buster moving a car or maybe in one of the deep space suits trying them out but you didn't see them until the end and when you did all you saw was flashes of them. The only suit they showed was the mark42 and it was busted up the whole time. Sucked.

And yeah I get it was about tony figuring out it was him and not the suit but got old IMO.

LOL are you 12?

Comment

Working...
                                X