No announcement yet.

2011 DFWMustangs.net suppressor group buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in for an AAC Pilot2. I dig the shit out of that SWR Renegade, though.
    Last edited by YALE; 07-07-2011, 12:32 AM.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Jeff just informed me that as long as we can come up with 25 orders, we can pick and choose any caliber or any supplier. So that's great news. But we need 25 orders.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I personally am interested in the Sparrow for .22LR and I'm also looking for a reasonable .30 cal can. I REALLY wish I could afford an osprey (particularly because I have a ton of .45's) but the price is a little out of my reach.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I hate to be the first to back out but after looking at the cost involved, I just can't spend the money on a suppressor + the tax stamp fee right now. I'd rather put that money into a Dillon.
          Originally posted by Jester
          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
          He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
          Originally posted by Denny
          What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
          FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

I'd really like to get the 25 from DFWM, but if we have to we will take the necessary amount from THF like before.

Does anyone here have a subscription to silencer reviews? I'm not that familiar with the Pilot2, other than it's now serviceable when the previous Pilot wasn't. Last time I did research the Sparrow was by far the best.
            Last edited by CJ; 07-07-2011, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Just to be sure, in order to get a 22LR suppressor - you have to go through the whole trust/other thing as well - correct?
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I'm probably in.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                  Just to be sure, in order to get a 22LR suppressor - you have to go through the whole trust/other thing as well - correct?
                  Yes. You have two ways to go. You can do the traditional route and get a CLEO signoff. Or, you can do a trust (which you can do with willmaker, and there are several available out there for editing) and avoid the fbi fingerprints, CLEO signoff, all that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                    Yes. You have two ways to go. You can do the traditional route and get a CLEO signoff. Or, you can do a trust (which you can do with willmaker, and there are several available out there for editing) and avoid the fbi fingerprints, CLEO signoff, all that stuff.
                    I really want to get in on a Pilot 2, it is so cheap....and I have been told the Tarrant County Sheriff signs off very easily.

Just to clarify the process would be we:
                    1. Post up what we want
                    Once the order is full
                    2. Pay for the items
                    3 Mail in tax stamp paperwork
                    Once the stamp is approved
                    4. Pick up suppressor, pay transfer fee

Something like that?
                    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                    -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I added specs and a summary of each suppressor to the above list.

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
                      I really want to get in on a Pilot 2, it is so cheap....and I have been told the Tarrant County Sheriff signs off very easily.

Just to clarify the process would be we:
                      1. Post up what we want
                      Once the order is full
                      2. Pay for the items
                      3 Mail in tax stamp paperwork
                      Once the stamp is approved
                      4. Pick up suppressor, pay transfer fee

Something like that?
                      That is correct. First pay for and order your suppressor. It is transferred to Jeff (our FFL) he will give you the serial# and then you get your form 4 and proof of citizenship form completed and submit that to the government w/ $200 check, and you receive it back in 60 days. Once received back w/ tax stamp you pick up your suppressor. Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm missing anything.

Yale, now that I think about it, the weight of that Pilot2 and the fact it's serviceable makes me interested..
                      Last edited by CJ; 07-07-2011, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Yale, now that I think about it, the weight of that Pilot2 and the fact it's serviceable makes me interested..
                        Yeah, it's really all I need right now.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                          Yeah, it's really all I need right now.
                          It's a nice entry level suppressor, but it's undeniable that you do sacrifice some things. Reviews seem to agree that it performs well with sub ammo, but not regular power. They state on their site it has 36dB reduction, vs. the sparrows 41dB - the different between 36 and 41 is substantial.

Comment

No love for the Gemtech?

I wouldn't mind another Outback II

But for the price and depending on the time frame before purchase, I am down for a Pilot 2

The only bit of advice I will add for those looking to get .45 & 9mm or any other pistol caliber suppressor in general is this; make sure you can get a barrel for your host gun. I wouldn't mind a Osprey for a 9mm or .45 caliber 1911.
                            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                              No love for the Gemtech?

I wouldn't mind another Outback II

But for the price and depending on the time frame before purchase, I am down for a Pilot 2

The only bit of advice I will add for those looking to get .45 & 9mm or any other pistol caliber suppressor in general is this; make sure you can get a barrel for your host gun. I wouldn't mind a Osprey for a 9mm or .45 caliber 1911.
                              I don't think Jeff has an account with Gemtech... I didn't think they made serviceable .22 suppressors?

Comment

I don't think Jeff has an account with Gemtech... I didn't think they made serviceable .22 suppressors?
                                The new Outback II is serviceable. I called Gemtech a few months back and asked about the difference. I told them I had an old style (which they can retrofit and upgrade for $95) and he told me unless you are shooting in the tens of thousands of rounds a simple solvent (foaming bore cleaner) flushed with water followed by a couple squirts of WD40 is sufficient.
                                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
                                X