Ruger 10mm 1911??!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YALE View Post
    For people that don't reload and want an off the shelf gun, that's a terrible idea.
    Reloading is a great idea, all the cool kids are doing it.

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
    I do.Why not just get one chambered in 10mm and load your own at that point?
    You still have the problem of it being a fairly rare round and thus brass will be harder to find and more expensive... I'm not out hunting bears, so it's not of much value to me.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
      You still have the problem of it being a fairly rare round and thus brass will be harder to find and more expensive... I'm not out hunting bears, so it's not of much value to me.
      Some of us have heard differently about you hunting bears but your kinks do not bother me.

Finding the brass for a 10mm is as hard as getting online and ordering some or policing up after me at the range. The difference in price between .40 an 10mm brass is negligible.

Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
        Reloading is a great idea, all the cool kids are doing it.

It's far from rare. Hell, Blazer loads it. And like he said, brass is easy to find and inexpensive
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Heck buy some 10mm and pickup brass. It's that easy. Reloading 10mm is easy too. I love 38 super too. Guess what I reload it. About the same cost as shooting 9mm that way. 10mm is a fun round. Anyone have photos of the ruger 10mm barrel throat and ramp?

Comment

I carry my colt delta daily. There are some bear sized Negros down here in Florida.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
              Not to start a big debate but..

Does anyone carry a 10mm daily? Fun is one thing, but is a 10mm really necessary for a carry weapon? Will a 9mm (or perhaps a 40) not kill someone just as dead, without the need to disintegrate them? And without trying to hold onto a mexican jumping bean. Exaggerations I know but you get the idea.
              Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
              It seems a bit overkill for a daily CCW unless you spend your time in the woods of Alaska facing down bears. I daily a .45acp and I think it's adequate.
              I frequently carry a Glock 21 (sometimes with a 10mm conversion barrel) or a full size 1911 without a problem both IWB as well as OWB. When I'm camping deep in the woods like in New Mexico or Colorado, I find the 10mm round comforting. Never shot the 10mm before in a 1911, but I love the platform and I love the round. Maybe I'll get one for a birthday or Christmas present.

Comment

That's a great price for a damn near custom type gun. And in 10mm to boot. I don't thing I ever owned a 1911 type gun in my life. A Ruger P-90/89 in .45 and I don't think I ever shot it before I sold it.
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                  That's a great price for a damn near custom type gun. And in 10mm to boot. I don't thing I ever owned a 1911 type gun in my life. A Ruger P-90/89 in .45 and I don't think I ever shot it before I sold it.
                  We need to hit up the range sometime soon!

Comment

Working...
                  X