No announcement yet.

Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt - Where are you working out at, what time of day, and do you have a partner already? If you don't mind, I'd like to join in the near future. My shoulder feels well enough to get in to something, but I'm going to have to start out on low weight to strengthen it further. The PT I had to do was all low weight, and it was a bitch. So if you don't mind longer times between sets for me to change weights and stuff, I need someone to hold me accountable.

Only time I really can't do, is lunch, because of my travel during the days.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
      6'0 230ish here.

The heaviest I ever got to was 265 in September. The doc said I had diabetese, so I knew right then and there the best way to fix myself wass to shed alot of weight. I lpst about 35lbs since then and my goal is to be 200 by June 1. Seems like a long way away but I feel better making it a long process rather than short term. I am developing habits along the way, not just a quick fix kind of thing.

I am not working out. I just don't know how to motivate myself to run in the morning, and I don't have time for working out in the PM. So I do little things like walk 5 flights of stairs after work to my car. I walk a few blocks to the parking garage. Simple little things really.

You don't have to run, you just need to find out what your thing is. I like playing basketball for cardio/warm up and then working out at an intense rate.

The past few weeks have been a disaster for me getting in the gym consistently, but starting Monday that should ease up where I can go.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        Matt - Where are you working out at, what time of day, and do you have a partner already? If you don't mind, I'd like to join in the near future. My shoulder feels well enough to get in to something, but I'm going to have to start out on low weight to strengthen it further. The PT I had to do was all low weight, and it was a bitch. So if you don't mind longer times between sets for me to change weights and stuff, I need someone to hold me accountable.

Only time I really can't do, is lunch, because of my travel during the days.
        Right now I'm at 24 hour, i have been going alone, i'd love to have someone else to go with. I know Nate has one there too, and has been talking about meeting up, but he's all over the place with his times/workouts.

Comment

How's everyone, staying motivated?! This morning I was able to run without any pain from my sciatic nerve, which is awesome!! I'm still not doing any weight training on my legs. I have noticed a slight change in my arms, a little more definition, so I'm getting excited.

Comment

Originally posted by KoopaTroopa View Post
            How's everyone, staying motivated?! This morning I was able to run without any pain from my sciatic nerve, which is awesome!! I'm still not doing any weight training on my legs. I have noticed a slight change in my arms, a little more definition, so I'm getting excited.
            i keep thinking about pool season being around the corner and that i want to bang a bunch of hot bitches.

hey, whatever motivates ya

Comment

Originally posted by TINKRD View Post
              i keep thinking about pool season being around the corner and that i want to bang a bunch of hot bitches.

hey, whatever motivates ya
              LMFAO!! Well you seem very motivated.. So whatever floats your boat. I just want to feel good and I want Brooks to think I'm hot.

Comment

My motivation is that I don't want to be a fat ass anymore. I don't want the health problems associated with being a fat ass. And I want to see my self skinny. That is something I can honestly say I have never been.

Comment

I finally notched my belt back in the normal position today, damn you holidays!

Comment

Originally posted by chuckacosta View Post
                    My motivation is that I don't want to be a fat ass anymore. I don't want the health problems associated with being a fat ass. And I want to see my self skinny. That is something I can honestly say I have never been.
                    Exactly the same for me. This is why I quit smoking and drinking as much, i really decided what was important to me, and although I had a lot of fun living it up, it's time to but on the brakes and take care of myself.

Hoping to see the 270s this week

Comment

I fucking busted it tonight. I had a long day at work. Took some Jacked and hit the gym. My Knee is still jacked up so i babied it on the bike for 15 min to get my heart going.

Then i said im going for it. New pr's On all my lifts.

Bench is now two 35s and the bar Thats 115 4 sets. 3 sets of 10 and one of 8.
                      I added 5 to my incline bench. and 10 everywhere else. I was so tired i felt like i was gunna hurl.

I couldnt even bust out a pull up lmao.

I weighed in at 170 so down another pound. Im almost at my 4th belt hole. even tho I have only lost 6 pounds haha. I was about to have to buy a new belt when i started.

Like silverback Even tho i looked in good health besides a gut. My joints have been killing me. I quit smoking in june and gained a few more.

Keep Knocking it out guys.

I was motivated today by the old ronnie coleman vids. Liiiggghhtt weeiigghht. lmao.

Comment

Easy I have events planned for March 27th, April 2nd and April 9th. I don't want to embarrass myself in front of large groups of people.

My big event this year is June 5th. If that goes well, I'm gonna really go crazy for April 2012. And if that goes well, I might qualify as terminally insane by 2013.

We shall see.

I swam 30 minutes today and rode 45 per my training plan. The saddle on my new bike is hurting me in bad places. I'm going to be trying lots of different saddles.

Comment

I haven't been doing too great, only hit the gym a few times in the past 2 weeks. Been sick for about 5 days now which is pissing me off. I will go at least 2 times this week sick or not!

Comment

I hit 279 today, first step of my goals have been met.

cheeseburger time!!! haha, I kid, I kid.

Comment

I hit 226 this morning. Of course it is from dehydration from a stomach bug. But, I haven't been that low since I was like 18.

Comment

Today was such a shit day at work. Tired as hell, and all i wanted was that mellow yellow.

Off to the gym i go.

Comment

Working...
                                X