Laser engraving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
    I haven't updated this in quite some time! Not sure if many are still following it, or if anyone is still here. Though, it helps me to chronicle this journey to keep me motivated. We have set a revenue goal for this business and our (both mine and my wife's) drive to make it successful has peaked at the same time. We did 120K in the first full year doing this. That was fueled by Trump hats. 2021 was quite a drop, I think we might have run 30K. Our goal, for now, is a consistent $50K in revenue year to year.

We are still doing the laser thing on the side. We were pretty dormant last year. I ran some bulk/wholesale orders in the early/mid part of the year, though we spent most of it getting settled in to the new place. I finally got a room framed up and insulated for a conditioned space for the lasers. It has been quite nice running them in air conditioning! My wife added screen printed T-shirts to the mix late last year which REALLY drove sales at our holiday markets, we did about 2/3 of our revenue last year at Holiday Markets in November and December.

Early last year, we decided to add an embroidery machine to the business. Then it sat. We did a few things with it, but never really marketed it or learned how to use it. My #1 goal for the "slow" season this year was to learn to run that damn machine and make it pay for itself. We've started with hats that have local school mascots or logos on them with the 3D puff embroidery. I've had that machine running every day this week! A post in the local Caddo Mills facebook group with one picture of a hat has turned into several wholesale orders for businesses and a steady stream of retail sales for Caddo Mills hats.

I'll get some pictures up later today of some of the stuff we have been running.
    Would you be interested in doing a one-off hat for me by chance? I’m also curious about laser engraving for something else.
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
      Would you be interested in doing a one-off hat for me by chance? I’m also curious about laser engraving for something else.
      I can see if we can get you taken care of. Shoot me a message!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• I might buy some hats for my business... basic 2 color logo. Nothing super fancy but not a POS either.

Do you guys use a certain brand hat or just whatever the customer wants?

Comment

• Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
          I might buy some hats for my business... basic 2 color logo. Nothing super fancy but not a POS either.

Do you guys use a certain brand hat or just whatever the customer wants?
          Right now, with hats, it is more what we can get. I try to use Richardson, because their quality is always on point. But I have had to use some outdoor cap, yupoong, and port authority lately. Richardson has been near impossible to get.

Comment

• I've come up with something to engrave that possibly not heard of engraving. Have you engraved brick? I bought my neighbors house and now live in. He has moved to California to live with family. He was the original owner of this 1963 home. I removed the wingwall the house had and am salvaging the brick. I like to engrave his name and call sign to send to him.

Comment

• Alot of people engrave bricks, though, for good results a higher powered laser is best (100+ watts)

Comment

Working...
              X