Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    To be 100% clear, at a certain age working your ass of doesnt mean shit if you dont have a needle or pellets. Otherwise this wouldnt be an expanding industry.
    90? 65?

No, it is because people like to cheat and are lazy. Really, I am not looking down on them, if it makes you happy and feel better, go for it. I just know, I get out of the gym what I put into it. I go three days every two weeks, but have upped my cardio on my off days. If my gym was closer I would maybe go another day or so but ultimately I have lost nothing over the last 10 years that I didn't just quit screwing with. If I still went 5 days a week I would still be leg pressing stupid amounts and benching close to 300. I have lost more due to injuries than anything else. I have never touched a PED or at the one point when I was in the gym all of the time I would have been much bigger than I am now. It's not about size with me as much as performance and stamina. I like to be able to ball someone up like a pretzel if I need too with out breaking a sweat. When I ran a group of explorers for a few years when we did scenarios I could ball up the kiddos and hand cuff them with their own cuffs one after another. One was the town bully, worked on a farm, and laid tile with his dad, so he was a handful. I like it most of the younger generation likes to play video games.

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
    After a decade of doing squats, I'm gonna try out the hex bar. See how it goes. Some say it's something like a cross between a dead lift and a squat, hopefully that's true.
    You know, I just googled that, and I have seen it laying around at the gym and just never seen anyone fuck with it.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by kingjason View Post
      90? 65?

No, it is because people like to cheat and are lazy. Really, I am not looking down on them, if it makes you happy and feel better, go for it. I just know, I get out of the gym what I put into it. I go three days every two weeks, but have upped my cardio on my off days. If my gym was closer I would maybe go another day or so but ultimately I have lost nothing over the last 10 years that I didn't just quit screwing with. If I still went 5 days a week I would still be leg pressing stupid amounts and benching close to 300. I have lost more due to injuries than anything else. I have never touched a PED or at the one point when I was in the gym all of the time I would have been much bigger than I am now. It's not about size with me as much as performance and stamina. I like to be able to ball someone up like a pretzel if I need too with out breaking a sweat. When I ran a group of explorers for a few years when we did scenarios I could ball up the kiddos and hand cuff them with their own cuffs one after another. One was the town bully, worked on a farm, and laid tile with his dad, so he was a handful. I like it most of the younger generation likes to play video games.
      I was in the gym 5 days a week for 2 decades before starting TRT, most of that time completely supplement free other than protein shakes, get off your high horse. The main thing that changed for me since starting trt is a greater sense of well being, sex drive is back to normal, and my lifts got back up to where they were when I was in my mind-30's. I still have to put in work and eat right to see results as has always been the case, evidenced by the sloppiness I am seeing after being sick and out of the gym for over a month. FTR my bench was well over 400 before starting TRT last year, stop talking like you've got something special going on. It's awesome that you're happy and healthy without TRT, either your levels haven't dropped drastically like others, or you simply don't know what you're missing.

Comment

90? 65?

You know, I just googled that, and I have seen it laying around at the gym and just never seen anyone fuck with it.
        Lol ok boomer. Its apparent you need some attention so heres an unimpressed handclap because your stats suck.

You see your confusion here is in that you think your low standards and goals also apply to me. I've got way higher goals than you...that you clearly cant accomplish naturally at the age of 55...or whatever you are.

Bench almost 300? Congrats I remember when I was 15! Dude that's literally not even a record in highschool powerlifting for like the 148 lb weight class...this is high schoolers we are talking about.

I'm sure your high body fat percentage is just because you only workout to wrestle kiddos and go for the bondage takedown.

Go sit and a corner and reread the dumb shit you just posted.

Comment

• I'm just happy to show up 4 days a week, lift for an hour and go home. Been doing this for years, and since going keto and intermittent fasting, have been able to maintain strength levels achieved three years ago injury free.
          Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          While you post this from your hoveround, gramps!

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
            I was in the gym 5 days a week for 2 decades before starting TRT, most of that time completely supplement free other than protein shakes, get off your high horse. The main thing that changed for me since starting trt is a greater sense of well being, sex drive is back to normal, and my lifts got back up to where they were when I was in my mind-30's. I still have to put in work and eat right to see results as has always been the case, evidenced by the sloppiness I am seeing after being sick and out of the gym for over a month. FTR my bench was well over 400 before starting TRT last year, stop talking like you've got something special going on. It's awesome that you're happy and healthy without TRT, either your levels haven't dropped drastically like others, or you simply don't know what you're missing.
            Maybe it is because I weighed almost 400 lbs and didn't do shit but eat for ten years after high school that the massive turn around hasn't fallen off yet. My sex drive is redonculous, my energy levels are fantastic, other than injuries and misc BS I am good. I never claimed to be a powerhouse, I never really did the shakes, or supplements. Hell I lost most of my weight doing lots of cardio, lifting and eating low calorie. Somewhere down the road I just decided that low carb was the way to go. I aint mad at ya, and some people legit need a little push, but there a lots that just want to take a miracle drug and not put in the work. I would just hate to see it mess you up later down the road where your body just needs more and more. I once knew a guy that was very well known, and that guy swore back then PEDs were the all mighty fountain of youth. Died at a young age from heart failure. I guess the reason I am so skeptical on lots of this stuff is just the amount the drug companies will lie, and then ten years down the road oh fuck we shouldn't have done that. They just declare bankruptcy, find the next big thing, and wash, rinse, repeat.

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            Lol ok boomer. Its apparent you need some attention so heres an unimpressed handclap because your stats suck.

You see your confusion here is in that you think your low standards and goals also apply to me. I've got way higher goals than you...that you clearly cant accomplish naturally at the age of 55...or whatever you are.

Bench almost 300? Congrats I remember when I was 15! Dude that's literally not even a record in highschool powerlifting for like the 148 lb weight class...this is high schoolers we are talking about.

I'm sure your high body fat percentage is just because you only workout to wrestle kiddos and go for the bondage takedown.

Gen X here. Whooptie shit if you can lift 400 lbs if you are already falling the fuck apart 15 years before me. Been in the gym going on 20 years and completely happy with what I got going on for as little as I lift. I just hate to see people start taking shit to young and then mess their body up. TRT may be great but shouldn't be used as a crutch if you don't need it. Plus, in the time I have been going to the gym, people talk a lot of shit but most can barely lift 200 if that. Also, no matter how big you are their is always someone bigger anyways. I know we have some guys on here that make your stats look sad so say what you want. Hell when I was in my 30's I could have probably put up much higher numbers on max then 300 but I just never even tried and always hovered around that. Balance is what I am looking for, not to be the biggest guy at the gym. How dare you say I have a high body fat percentage, I have a four pack that blends into my belly just fine.
            Last edited by kingjason; 02-27-2020, 04:42 AM.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Maybe it is because I weighed almost 400 lbs and didn't do shit but eat for ten years after high school that the massive turn around hasn't fallen off yet. My sex drive is redonculous, my energy levels are fantastic, other than injuries and misc BS I am good. I never claimed to be a powerhouse, I never really did the shakes, or supplements. Hell I lost most of my weight doing lots of cardio, lifting and eating low calorie. Somewhere down the road I just decided that low carb was the way to go. I aint mad at ya, and some people legit need a little push, but there a lots that just want to take a miracle drug and not put in the work. I would just hate to see it mess you up later down the road where your body just needs more and more. I once knew a guy that was very well known, and that guy swore back then PEDs were the all mighty fountain of youth. Died at a young age from heart failure. I guess the reason I am so skeptical on lots of this stuff is just the amount the drug companies will lie, and then ten years down the road oh fuck we shouldn't have done that. They just declare bankruptcy, find the next big thing, and wash, rinse, repeat.
              To be clear, TRT is just that testosterone-only replacement therapy. It's not a miracle drug, is only dosed back to natural levels, and even when taken alone in much higher "cycle" doses the effects are somewhat temporary, and non-existent if you don't work out. Even a full blown steroid stack won't do much for someone that's not working out, so I'm not sure where you got this idea that someone can take drugs, not put in work and still see results, that's simply not true, especially in regards to trt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
                To be clear, TRT is just that testosterone-only replacement therapy. It's not a miracle drug, is only dosed back to natural levels, and even when taken alone in much higher "cycle" doses the effects are somewhat temporary, and non-existent if you don't work out. Even a full blown steroid stack won't do much for someone that's not working out, so I'm not sure where you got this idea that someone can take drugs, not put in work and still see results, that's simply not true, especially in regards to trt.
                My wife is an athletic trainer with a degree in sports medicine and kinesiology. I get what TRT is.

I am talking about guys like me every other couple of years, that just don't quite make it to the gym as much, don't quite do the cardio anymore, but are still active, and start taking that stuff to try and get into their 20's or 30's form. Also I don't think it is a great idea to use it to keep benching 400 at my age. Probably a reason your body drops off a little as you get older. Fuck I injure myself enough now with out having energizer bunny levels of energy. There is a guy I work with that was oversees a while and his fucking T was and still is terrible. That guy needs it no doubt. But not everyone does.

I slacked off a lot 16 to 18 and felt myself starting to slide a little. The good thing is I dabbled enough with low carb not to put on a bunch of weight.

Maybe the TRT conversation shouldn't be brought into the motivation thread. I was just trying get you fuckers moving and then we went down the rabbit hole.
                Last edited by kingjason; 02-27-2020, 12:36 PM.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• As I've gotten older (50) I care less about weights and more about cardio. At this age its about preserving the body/joints while still getting good exercise.

I'm doing Orange Theory twice a week and I'm always good sore.
                  Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

• All I care about is not bloating back up to 275.

Ruffdaddie,
                    You have any video of you benching 300 at 15? I would imagine so because that is a hell of a feat for someone in their early teens.
                    Or are you just being a mouthy turd?

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                      All I care about is not bloating back up to 275.

Ruffdaddie,
                      You have any video of you benching 300 at 15? I would imagine so because that is a hell of a feat for someone in their early teens.
                      Or are you just being a mouthy turd?
                      To be fair, he said "almost 300."

Comment

• What is the mat for?

Comment

What is the mat for?
                          Keeps the body from slipping, minimizing lateral movement is important, but also helps when you want to put a little arch in your back, you simply can't do it on a slick bench.

Newer nicer benches now have it built into the surface, night and day once you get used to it, much better on the shoulder joints.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Makes sense. Still seems a bit rickety.
                            As long as the topic of flat benching has come up, in my twilight years I have found suicide grip to be far more comfortable than normal grip. Change my mind.

Comment

Makes sense. Still seems a bit rickety.
                              As long as the topic of flat benching has come up, in my twilight years I have found suicide grip to be far more comfortable than normal grip. Change my mind.
                              That's not a bench press, that's a wide reverse-grip press, and shifts focus to the front delts and triceps, a lot less chest involvement. It's a great movement, but don't expect to grow your chest with it. It'll definitely be more comfortable for anyone with a pre-existing shoulder impingement, or something of that nature. I've had to be super vigilant about keeping my elbows in as I get older, and arching the back also helps alleviate shoulder pain as well.

Comment

• No shoulder injuries to really speak of. Just a twinge here and there. There hasn't been any advantage as of yet in changing grip other than feeling more stable. I'm going to have to study on this a little more.

Comment

Working...
                                X