Laser engraving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
    I need someone that can laser engrave aluminum. Nothing crazy, 8 small pieces that are anodized.
    I can etch anodized aluminum. I can't etch the metal itself, but I can etch the anodized layer.

What are you wanting done?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
      Well, I opened an etsy store just for trump merchandise! We wanted to keep it separate from our primary business, but I just couldn't turn away from the potential revenue stream. I started posting them this weekend on the boutique groups we wholesale to and have sold about 100 hats in 3-4 days. So, hats and cups in the TrumpYeah etsy store!

Linky?
      My bro-in-law seems interested in some Trump merchandise. I wanted to show him yours. There is a ton of Trump stuff to sort thru, 75+ pages just of hats.

Comment

Originally posted by slow84lx View Post
        Linky?
        My bro-in-law seems interested in some Trump merchandise. I wanted to show him yours. There is a ton of Trump stuff to sort thru, 75+ pages just of hats.
        https://www.etsy.com/shop/TrumpYeah?..._shop_redirect

I will have cups on there soon as well

Comment

February, holy shit. My goal after Christmas was to try and average $2k/mo revenue from the laser. I started wholeselling Trump hats the first week of February. I have almast sold and shipped 1000 hats this month and generated $12k in revenue.

We are quickly outgrowing our laser. It currently runs a minimum of 2 hrs per day. That is how long it takes me to cut a sheet of Trump patches (approx 49 patches).

I am mostly wholeselling to boutique owners and that has now generated orders outside of the Trump hats and hopefully will develop a wholesale business that will last past this political cycle.

My next two avenues are going to be band merch and the FFA show circuit. I've got a good friend who I ran a bar with back around '10-11 who has wanted to get into merch and I'm trying to convince him that he needs a side hustle so that he can make the contacts and I'll make the merch. One of my co-workers has started breeding show lambs, so I'm going to use that as an in to the show circuit. I'm a little late in the season, but it is a start.

My wife has decided she wants to do the Hunt County Fair which is 10 days. She wants to have the laser on site so that we can make personalized cups and hats right there while they wait. Along with that, there are several big names in the Texas music scene going to be there and that gives me direct access to show them what we can do. Then we have the livestock show to push the show gear.

Things are looking pretty bright and I am cautiously optimistic that this is going to develop into a decent, steady, revenue stream.

Comment

Awesome work! I was in a shop this week where the Trump political signs are being printed. It was cool seeing a whole warehouse full off printed signs, signs in progress, and skids ready to ship.

Comment

It wasn't just Trump signs. There were signs for several of the major candidates.

Comment

It is big business! I'm putting patches on hats every night! Shipping 8-10 packages a day some days. I finally hired my neice and nephew to make hats to try and increase production capacity!

Comment

Well, we are confirmed for the Hunt County Fair. 10 days, outdoors, trying to fill custom orders on site! :/

I picked up a second laser today. A small K40 12"x8" cut area. Now I have a machine to run patches for hats and a machine to run cups on. I am contemplating buying another one. Hopefully we are busy, and we can keep up!

Comment

Ended up picking up a second laser. This is a small, featureless unit. I primarily bought it for the fair, and other events we may attend and do custom stuff on site. 12"x8" cut bed. Perfect for running hat patches on one offs

Comment

• Is the fair actually going to happen?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                        Is the fair actually going to happen?
                        As of last Monday, yes. We just got word this morning that a vendor market we were scheduled to attend next weekend has been cancelled. It is held monthly at the fair grounds, but is not controlled by the fair board. The fair is about a month away, so things can change dramatically in that time, one way or the other.

We needed the laser either way. This allows me to run smaller projects while the Muse runs bigger stuff. I am waiting on other big purchases, such as the canopy and other branding.

Comment

• Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                          As of last Monday, yes. We just got word this morning that a vendor market we were scheduled to attend next weekend has been cancelled. It is held monthly at the fair grounds, but is not controlled by the fair board. The fair is about a month away, so things can change dramatically in that time, one way or the other.

We needed the laser either way. This allows me to run smaller projects while the Muse runs bigger stuff. I am waiting on other big purchases, such as the canopy and other branding.

Yeah I definitely think you've proven the added capacity is a good idea. I was just genuinely curious about the fair happening. It seems like all these events are trying to force themselves into happening and then being forced to close at the last minute fucking over all the vendors and ticket holders. See SXSW and houston rodeo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                            Yeah I definitely think you've proven the added capacity is a good idea. I was just genuinely curious about the fair happening. It seems like all these events are trying to force themselves into happening and then being forced to close at the last minute fucking over all the vendors and ticket holders. See SXSW and houston rodeo.
                            Yeah, it is a definite possibility. I spoke, at length, with the PR rep for the fair earlier in the week, however, the climate has shifted DRAMATICALLY since then. The fair starts 4/17, almost a month away, so hopefully things ease up by then.

Comment

• Well, I haven't updated this in some time so here goes.

February was a banner month for us. I had high hopes for March, but all of the madness struck and we didn't perform as well as I had hoped. We still had a very strong month, and April is shaping up to be just as good, if not better.

Thankfully, between January and February I developed a decent network of fashion boutique owners to sell items to at wholesale. I have focused on maintaining cash reserves to keep the business moving if things fall off. We are planning to launch a Children's hat/lifestyle brand by the end of April which should drive sales even more in the coming months, slow economy and all.

We are at a point where we desperately need to upgrade and add equipment to ease some of our production issues and develop new products, but I've tried to maintain those cash reserves so that the business doesn't go under, or require support from our personal account.

All in all, this little venture is doing extremely well for being right at 6 months in. I am excited for where it is headed!

Comment

• Congratulations on some good months and building the cash reserves. It sounds like you guys are doing pretty well. Keep on track and do your expansion at the speed of cash. Slow down your expansion plans if that is what it takes.

I've been involved in several businesses that kept outdated equipment long after they should have upgraded to newer, more efficient machines. I've also seen businesses that were always buying the newest machinery on the market. The ones that have seemed to be strongest over a period of time were the ones in the first category.

Glad to see that it is a prosperous time!

Comment

Working...
                                X