IPA drinkers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPA drinkers

How the fuck do you drink this shit? I’m three deep in some Voodoo Ranger and can’t get thru the citrus/grapefruit shit. 7% abv is the only highlight if you want to call it that.

Blame hipsters.
    2006 Civic SI
    2009 Pilot
    1988 GT
    CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

An IPA is one of the few beers I literally will never order. It took me forever to even be convinced that people actually liked it....I just thought it was hipsters pretending to be fancy. It just tastes like grass and random plants to me.

Porters and stouts are where it's at.

Comment

Amateur. You must drink a lot of coors light. Plus pick a better one than the voodoo ranger.

IPA has been around way before those dirty hipsters.

CN

Comment

Just drink Miller Lite like a man.

Comment

The triple hops brewed is where at!!!!

And speaking of amateurs...that's why every startup craft brewery focuses on overly hopped IPA. Because they aren't good enough to make a well executed beer without the safety net of covering a mistake with tons of hops.

Certainly all the hipsters know that those hops are used to mask mistakes right?

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
              Word. This craft beer shit is worse than vaping.
              Originally posted by davbrucas
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Yeah I’m an amateur and I’ll stick to the normal shit next time

Comment

Voodoo Ranger is an Imperial IPA, you aren't supposed to drink 3 of them at a time.

Hops are like peppers. Not everyone can handle habaneros or heck even Anaheim peppers for that matter. They'll never care about how a Scotch Bonnet tastes compared to Jamaican chocolate pepper because they are automatically dismissed as "too hot".

Most people are fine with Noble hops because that's what we've been using in beer since the beginning of modern history. Throw in way too many and the beer will taste earthy, maybe grassy depending on the batch. These are like bell peppers. Pretty much everyone can eat those without problems.

IPAs tend to use American hops though. Voodoo Ranger has a ton of Cascade hops which is where the grapefruit flavor comes from. It also has a lot of Mosaic which is my personal favorite but is also one of the more expensive ones now. You get pine, tangerine and maybe even blueberry type flavors. These are more like the Habanero varieties in my comparison. Traditional German, Czech and British beers won't have them because they simply weren't available when they were created.

I'd suggest trying Bell's Two Hearted at some point. If you don't like it then just forget about the style at all. It's the best you can get in our market. If you can't handle that maybe go with a Czech style Pilsner and if that's still too bitter then stick with stouts, porters or heck even most lagers.

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                    Yeah I’m an amateur and I’ll stick to the normal shit next time
                    There's plenty of good craft beer out there but at least 80% of it sucks. Most breweries that can brew a good "normal beer" will be pretty good at their craft.

If a brewery only has overly hopped and gimmicky beer...I'd stay away. As an example, you have sour beer that tastes like pickle juice or cider...and then you have jester king who actually makes an awesome product while still carrying guest taps. They don't rely on gimmicks.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                      Michelob Ultra here. IT'LL GET YOU DRUNK!

Comment

Stout>then the rest of the vagina beers!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                          The triple hops brewed is where at!!!!

And speaking of amateurs...that's why every startup craft brewery focuses on overly hopped IPA. Because they aren't good enough to make a well executed beer without the safety net of covering a mistake with tons of hops.

Certainly all the hipsters know that those hops are used to mask mistakes right?
                          You know the origins of IPA, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                            You know the origins of IPA, right?
                            He just knows they suck.

Comment

Originally posted by ruffdaddy View Post
                              there's plenty of good craft beer out there but at least 80% of it sucks. Most breweries that can brew a good "normal beer" will be pretty good at their craft.

If a brewery only has overly hopped and gimmicky beer...i'd stay away. As an example, you have sour beer that tastes like pickle juice or cider...and then you have jester king who actually makes an awesome product while still carrying guest taps. They don't rely on gimmicks.
                              pkl fkr
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X