Dallas officer kills man after mistaking his apartment for her own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YALE View Post
    I bet she'd be your best friend if she had been using her police powers to fence stolen goods and had some ill gotten gains for you to sit on while she was in the pokey.
    You would lose that bet.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
      You would lose that bet.
      You literally made a post a couple of months ago about holding money for a felon friend while he was in prison. What do I win?
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

You literally made a post a couple of months ago about holding money for a felon friend while he was in prison. What do I win?
        Yes I did post that but he wasn't a police officer abusing the public trust by committing a murder while in uniform; he was just a common thief and my closest friend since the 7th grade. The feds also were very aware of the money that I was holding but decided not to try to get it and by default allowed me to hold it for him. Had a court ordered that I turn it over I would have done so.

Edit: You are also confusing right and wrong with legal and illegal. Me holding the money can be interpreted many ways in a court room but killing an innocent man in his own home is always wrong and illegal; doubly so if it was done by a representative of the government.
        Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 09-09-2018, 04:20 PM.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Yes I did post that but he wasn't a police officer abusing the public trust; he was just a common thief and my closest friend since the 7th grade. The feds also were very aware of the money that I was holding but decided not to try to get it and by default allowed me to hold it for him. Had a court ordered that I turn it over I would have done so.

You are also confusing right and wrong with legal and illegal. Me holding the money can be interpreted many ways in a court room.
          Man it is so brave of you to take such an ethical stance, given those circumstances. All money launderers should be so brave.

Comment

Man it is so brave of you to take such an ethical stance, given those circumstances. All money launderers should be so brave.
            The US attorneys thought that I was legally holding the money and decided not to come after it. In a court anything not specifically illegal is by default considered legal. He even deposited the money into his bank account a while back and his PO has the bank statements. Not a single person at any level in government has tried to say that what I did was illegal and they had 15 years to do so; we are not talking about a small amount of money either.

Comment

The US attorneys thought that I was legally holding the money and decided not to come after it. In a court anything not specifically illegal is by default considered legal. He even deposited the money into his bank account a while back and his PO has the bank statements. Not a single person at any level in government has tried to say that what I did was illegal and they had 15 years to do so.
              You don't have to convince me man. I don't care. I just think your ethical position is so brave. I am literally saluting you from behind my keyboard.

Comment

You don't have to convince me man. I don't care. I just think your ethical position is so brave. I am literally saluting you from behind my keyboard.
                In the case of my friend there are zero ethics involved; it is a case of personal loyalty and a bit of preventative maintenance for the world and him. You really don't want to see this guy hitting the streets broke when the DPDs moral and man power is at an all time low and I don't want my friend to be back in prison. The US attorneys did not want him hitting the street broke either.

Comment

In the case of my friend there are zero ethics involved; it is a case of personal loyalty and a bit of preventative maintenance for the world and him. You really don't want to see this guy hitting the streets broke when the DPDs moral and man power is at an all time low and I don't want my friend to be back in prison. The US attorneys did not want him hitting the street broke either.
                  Oh, so you did it to protect the public from a monster that can't be rehabilitated. I owe you even further kudos. So selfless.

Comment

Oh, so you did it to protect the public from a monster that can't be rehabilitated. I owe you even further kudos. So selfless.
                    No one gets rehabilitated; the purpose of prison is to punish. I could really give a damn about the general public but it made a great selling point when trying to get the US attorneys office to back off. What I really wanted was to keep him out of prison by keeping him from committing crimes and that requires money; his own and not mine. I think I finally convinced him that the life he wants to live can not be had by stealing, it simply requires too much money that could be gotten easier by working for it.
                    Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 09-09-2018, 06:29 PM.

Comment

No one gets rehabilitated; the purpose of prison is to punish. I could really give a damn about the general public but is made a great selling point when trying to get the US attorneys office to back off. What I really wanted was to keep him out of prison by keeping him from committing crimes and that requires money; his own and not mine. I think I finally convinced him that the life he wants to live can not be had by stealing, it simply requires too much money that could be gotten easier by working for it.
                      See? You're even rehabilitating him yourself. What a guy!

Comment

See? You're even rehabilitating him yourself. What a guy!
                        There is no such thing as Rehabilitation. Me keeping him out of trouble keeps the cops from sniffing around me. The last time the police were sniffing around me because of him it caused me a great deal of grief and cost me a lot of money. It was as much self interest on my part as it was concern for him since I don't have any intention of cutting him out of my life

Comment

If you're really concerned about it you can contact the US attorney's office yourself and complain about how they treated him, his name is Cory I Paris and the attorney that prosecuted him still works there.

You might also want to start another thread about it since you're blowing this one off the tracks with your off topic comments. You could title the thread SVOs criminal friends and or employees.

Comment

the purpose of prison is to punish.
                            As it should be. Give em some education in there sure. Like how to get out and go be a plumber or whatever the hell they teach those people to do. But punishment for sure.
                            WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                              As it should be. Give em some education in there sure. Like how to get out and go be a plumber or whatever the hell they teach those people to do. But punishment for sure.
                              In Cory's case he earned his BA while in prison, on my dime.

The other purpose that prison serves is to keep people who are likely to commit a crime out of society and taking away their opportunity to commit new crimes. To prevent crime you can take away the opportunity to commit them or make sure the person has more productive options to pursue once they are released.

Edit: I am talking about real crimes and not malum prohibitum crimes.
                              Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 09-09-2018, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Edit II: I am also a Dallas County resident who sits on juries.
                                So what? So am I and so have I.

Comment

Working...
                                X