over sray....how to remove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• over sray....how to remove

i've got a new truck and it has over spray on windows and body. is it easily removed? how?

damn just noticed i forgot a p in the title......
    Last edited by smrr1; 06-01-2011, 07:48 PM.

Over spray with what?
    Photobucket

Comment

paint. one of the painted body moldings was sanded and repainted due to a large scrape. fixed it well but ended up with paint/clear on glass in body. not sure if it's base coat or clear or ?????.

Comment

Cant help ya there. Was thinking it might be house paint. Usually they will get it off if you bring it to them.
        Photobucket

Comment

no. the freaking dealer did it. they say they will have it fixed. they have a detail guy they use for ocd people like me apparently. the problem is i don't trust the dealer at all anymore. this is round 3 with them. if they f this up i'm at a loss as to what to do.

Comment

A claybar will remove the overspray from the paint and a fresh razor blade works best on glass.

Comment

ya i've used a razor on glass before but on very small areas. not 3 complete pieces of glass.

the bad part is you really can't see it unless you get just the right light looking from inside out on the glass. can't see it at all on paint, just feel it.

Comment

Use glass cleaner on the window as lube for the razor works the best, I never use one dry on the windows. There are different grades of the clay bars. Try the fine first, usually you don't have to buff after using it. The med. one will sometimes leave a dull spot that needs to be buffed. Be sure to use the lube with the clay also.

Comment

I've seen a claybar take overspray off of glass just as well as the paint.

Comment

It will but it's a lot cheaper to do it with a razor.

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                    I've seen a claybar take overspray off of glass just as well as the paint.

Comment

it's getting a full wash/clay/polish/protectant on the 21st. talked to the detailer for a while about it all and he said he will be spending an entire day on the truck. going to cost the dealership a good chunk of change.

Comment

Triple 000 steel wool or finer and it will clean all the light overspray of off glass, clay bar for the painted panels, razor blades work just as well, but theres always the chance of scarring the glass or worse, cutting yourself or windshield moulding.
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

On the glass, I used acetone. Worked pretty good.

Comment

I think they make a clay bar system for glass now.
                            2 Chronicles 7:14
                            If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Originally posted by Up0n0ne View Post
                              I think they make a clay bar system for glass now.
                              I haven't heard this but what would be the significance?

Ordinary clay bar works.

Comment

Working...
                              X