Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
    I guess that's what I'm going for... a different life

the first 38yrs weren't as fulfilling as I'd like. (read: midlife crisis?)

So I'm making it my mission to focus on health vs. money/things. mental and spiritual health as well as physical. the mind is part of the body, the body is the temple, and all that rot...

We'll see how all THAT works out. It's definitely in its infancy at this point
    The key thing is that it sounds like you are in the grove.
    Once in the grove, it's rather simple because it just becomes innate behavior at that point.
    I take a TON of stress out on the weights every day and always leave there feeling like a breath of fresh air has just been inhaled.

Comment

• yeah, I feel like I'm more and more in a groove vs. a rut lately
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• I didn't hit my July 4th goal of dead lifting 315. I hit the pain meter at 275. The pain went away in 2 days so it might have just been upper glutes being extremely tight. Took a week off just in case it was injured. I haven't lost or gained any weight in the past month. Lean gains are a bitch.

Comment

• I backslid for a while, but I'm back to the diet and a little exercise. I've been floating around 262 for the better part of this past week (3lbs down from the last time I checked in). I'm ready to be in the 250's.
          Last edited by YALE; 07-18-2015, 08:55 AM.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
            Alright gents, time to quite fucking around. My mom and brother have been here for a visit, so my diet's been crap, and I haven't lifted in a week and a half. My weight's creeped back up to 230.6lbs I'm rested, relaxed, and full of water, time to change that.

My wife and step-daughter are in Russia for a month, and mom's leaving today, so it's the perfect time to get cranky. The plan is to go balls out for 30 days, with cardio every morning, a super-strict diet, and a little clen/T3 supplementation to hedge my bets again. The goal is to get down to 215lbs like last time, which is almost 4lbs a week, we'll see how it goes.
            Time for a wtf moment. For the past week I've been power-walking for an hour every morning, weight-training daily as usual, and diet's been good, yet I managed to gain 2 lbs. So much for that goal of 215lbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
              Time for a wtf moment. For the past week I've been power-walking for an hour every morning, weight-training daily as usual, and diet's been good, yet I managed to gain 2 lbs. So much for that goal of 215lbs.
              The possibilities I see are, you are getting older, dealing with the fine line of caloric intake vs. maintaining/building muscle while attempting to lose fat, or not drinking enough water with the new activity and you are retaining water.

Comment

• 260.5 today. Down 25lbs total, even if it has been 8 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                  The possibilities I see are, you are getting older, dealing with the fine line of caloric intake vs. maintaining/building muscle while attempting to lose fat, or not drinking enough water with the new activity and you are retaining water.
                  I'm drinking plenty of water, but I'm hoping that water retention is the culprit, my pants aren't any tighter. Having been off the week and a half before, everything was flat.

Not that age isn't playing a part in everything, but that's been more of a gradual shift that I've been accounting for over the last few years. I lost weight fine at the beginning of the year, I don't think my metabolism shut down in a matter of months.

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                  260.5 today. Down 25lbs total, even if it has been 8 months.
                  As mentioned to Forest, the slower the better, so long as you're moving in the right direction. Good deal Yale, keep on keepin' on.

Comment

• Originally posted by YALE View Post
                    260.5 today. Down 25lbs total, even if it has been 8 months.
                    Congrats! I'm down 8 lbs, started 3 weeks ago. Its a gradual change lol

Gradual is less misery and suffering
                    WH

Comment

• Motivation /Tracking Thread

Well after tonight's session I'm up to 244#. Diet is very strict and adding size. Lifts are going up still every week and cardio is tight. Run anywhere from 2-3 miles every other day and even have had some 4 and 5 mile runs thrown into the mix. I'm retaining water and lose 2-3 pounds each session so I need to figure out wtf is up with that. I average 1.5 to 2 gallons a day so something new to grasp lol. Still small, but filling out so I'm not looking all sickly.
                      Sorry if the pics are huge. First time loading straight from the phone via the app
                      2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

• Excellent work, Justin!

Comment

• Originally posted by R1psycho View Post
                          I'm retaining water and lose 2-3 pounds each session so I need to figure out wtf is up with that. I average 1.5 to 2 gallons a day so something new to grasp lol.
                          There's nothing to figure out, it's human physiology. Our weight is never static, even with "perfect" water intake and nutrition, and bigger people tend to fluctuate more.

This is why you shouldn't weigh too often, you'll get a different reading based on the time of day, and day of the week. When I am bulking or dieting I'll weigh once a week, same day, at the exact same time in the morning after my BM. You'll get a more consistent reading this way.

Comment

• Motivation /Tracking Thread

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                            There's nothing to figure out, it's human physiology. Our weight is never static, even with "perfect" water intake and nutrition, and bigger people tend to fluctuate more.

This is why you shouldn't weigh too often, you'll get a different reading based on the time of day, and day of the week. When I am bulking or dieting I'll weigh once a week, same day, at the exact same time in the morning after my BM. You'll get a more consistent reading this way.

I try not to get wrapped up in the numbers and use the mirror instead. Very true about the weight being all over the damn place. As long as I see progress it's all good lol. I just hate the puffy look when I put on water. Another day or two and I should start shedding more with the way my body works. Thanks for the advice.

Thanks Yale. You know how anal and obsessed I am via FB. The gym is my therapy and boy I need it lol. Keep up your progress brother!
                            2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

• Wife started insanity 4 nights ago. Got in to Beachbody with one of their coaches who lives in our neighborhood. Figured I might as well get the gym in our garage together (4 years apart) and move some weights around too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
                              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• I took a few months off after I got sick at the beginning of the year and picked it back up about a month and a half ago. I feel like I'm leaner than i have been in many years, and I'm definitely stronger than I've ever been. I deadlifted 455 once tonight (with straps) but couldn't do any more. I randomly decided to step on the scale this afternoon and am back down to 235. I haven't weighed myself in at least 8 months but I've always hovered around 240-250. And like I said, I'm leaner but much stronger at 235 now than I was at 5-15 pounds heavier. Yay me
                                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                                X