Energy Ogre? anybody use 'em?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
    It's far less if you can choose others. Check the rates online. Coserv has lowered their rates some, but it's nothing like the others.
    What are they charging you per kWh in Coserv?

Comment

I recently signed up as I'm nearing my current contract. The provider EO suggested wasn't as good as the offer my current provider is offering to re-sign. I rejected the EO offer and will wait a few weeks to see if they find something better.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
        What are they charging you per kWh in Coserv?
        9.5 cents before the fees. Screw the "rebate" they give members once a year. I could do better if I could choose others. I used 1065 kwh last month for reference. I have gas heat/stove/water heater.

Comment

9.5 cents before the fees. Screw the "rebate" they give members once a year. I could do better if I could choose others. I used 1065 kwh last month for reference. I have gas heat/stove/water heater.
          Not a great rate by any means, but not as bad as I expected. $0.08 - $0.09 is pretty average right now on products other than short term and introductory rates.

But I feel your pain. Just make sure you are doing everything to make your home as efficient as possible I guess, to make sure you are at least getting savings there.

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post
            My bills generally run about $100.00 mo. in the Fall/Winter... maybe $140ish during the A/C season... Is there enough savings at that level to justify the extra 10.00 per month?

mardyn
            My bills ran the same $100 to $140 per month. TXU was billing me over $40 in delivery charges and $.11 per KWH.

My last two bills were $21 and $23.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
              Not a great rate by any means, but not as bad as I expected. $0.08 - $0.09 is pretty average right now on products other than short term and introductory rates.

But I feel your pain. Just make sure you are doing everything to make your home as efficient as possible I guess, to make sure you are at least getting savings there.
              The problem is the heavy use months when the kwh is so much higher. Add the fees and stuff on it, and my effective rate is up a bunch. I've lived in 2 houses in TX, and both were co-op areas. BLOWS!

Comment

The problem is the heavy use months when the kwh is so much higher. Add the fees and stuff on it, and my effective rate is up a bunch. I've lived in 2 houses in TX, and both were co-op areas. BLOWS!
                Gotcha

Comment

There are several full-service electricity shopping companies. Energy Ogre is the most expensive and most well-known.

For do-it-yourselfers, try http://www.GoSpamSomeoneElse.com, which does the math on the plans from PowerToChoose.org across your 12-month range of electricity usage. (You can quickly compare the results to what Energy Ogre or PowerToChoose find you.)

Do NOT blindly trust the search engine on PowerToChoose.org that only lets you search at a single point (500, 1000, or 2000 kWh/month). Retailers have long since exploited this limitation to game their rate structures and extract many hundreds of extra dollars/year from PTC users.

(Disclaimer: I’m affiliated with GFY. You can judge for yourself if this post is helpful or spam.)
                  Last edited by Chili; 06-05-2017, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zidnaut View Post
                    Do NOT blindly trust the search engine on PowerToChoose.org that only lets you search at a single point (500, 1000, or 2000 kWh/month). Retailers have long since exploited this limitation to game their rate structures and extract many hundreds of extra dollars/year from PTC users.
                    If a PowerToChoose.com user opens the Electicity Facts Labels on the site however the rate(s) at the various usage tiers are identified. Granted it's more work to sift through those, but I only change providers every 1-3 years and base my decision on a provider partly through whether they offer the same rate across all tiers, and have no "Base Customer Fee".

Not discounting your service by any means though.

Comment

I signed up with EO for a month before my existing plan expired... I received only one offer from them, and while the rate was decent, the complexity of the process along with the monthly fees involved, pushed me off of their program.

I could see it working for someone who's paying .12-.13 for power, but at .09 it just didn't make sense for me to go with them. Yeah, they were a little cheaper on the per KWH rate, but by the time I factored in the extra 10.00 per month fee, I was right back at .09 with several more steps involved each month.

I canceled my membership and re-upped with Amigo Energy.

mardyn

Comment

I use them. My last 3 bills have been under $43 including the monthly service fee. 2250sq ft house built in the 70's with many high vaulted ceilings with no insulation above them.
                        www.facebook.com/hilldetailworks

Comment

Co-op ftw
                          "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by zidnaut View Post
                            (Disclaimer: I’m affiliated with GFY. You can judge for yourself if this post is helpful or spam.)
                            It's spam. Buh-Bye..

Comment

Just signed up

Comment

Here a I am again.... two years later, Amgio Energy contract coming up for renewal again already.

Their initial offer is 12.4 per kwh (when I've been paying 9.4)...

Anyone have a good deal
                                on electricity rates out there now?

What are y'all paying?

btw... anyone heard of or using "Griddy"? (kinda similar to EO but are an actual provider)

mardyn
                                Last edited by mardyn; 03-23-2019, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X