Bike audio 6.5"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike audio 6.5"

Not happy with my current setup. Stock HU which is fine. Speakers were a slight upgrade from stock (Infinity Kappa 62.11 6.5"). Then I installed a 350w 2 channel amp. Sure, it's louder, but the sound quality is bleh. The kappas are 2ohm due to the HU (without amp) is mandatory. Now that I have an amp, I figured I'd get more body out of a nice 4ohm set of speakers. Thoughts? Not looking to add anymore speakers quite yet.

JL Mx650 series marine speakers, @ $200 a pair. Crisp and clear sound. I've got Rockford Fosgates Audiophile series in my boat I believe and while they sound great, they're not new the clarity of the JL. I'm looking to replace mine with JL this season. I can make you a deal on a pair of Rockfords if you don't want to spend $200.
    Last edited by shumpertdavid; 04-10-2017, 07:53 AM.

Comment

I believe those JL speakers don't let u take the grill off. I wanna say I've looked at those before. If the grill won't come off, then it won't fit. Which RF's is it that u have?

Comment

The classic series will allow you to pull the grill I believe. I'll see if I can get the specific model of my rockfords.

In looking back at the picture of the classic I don't remember if the outer ring is fully removable. A call to crutchfield might answer that question though.

I'm fairly certain my rockfords are the marine audiophile series, but I have to see if they are the 6" or 6.5.
        Last edited by shumpertdavid; 04-10-2017, 11:18 AM.

Comment

j&m

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
            Not happy with my current setup. Stock HU which is fine. ...the sound quality is bleh.
            This is the most likely culprit for poor sound quality if you have a decent amp. Shit in, shit out. The amp is just amplifying the poor sound quality from the stock head unit. I'd start there before investing more into your speakers.

Comment

Earbuds?
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
              X