300 Blackout at Pawn Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300 Blackout at Pawn Shop

Looking at a .300 Blackout AR at one of the local pawn shops.

They are asking $700.
    (Who pays sticker price at Pawn Shops?)

It's an Anderson lower that seems to be in good shape and the upper is nice with a free float rail.

However, the bcg will only go about halfway back when you pull the charging handle and it will not return forward by itself either. It definitely feels "gummed up" in the upper receiver and not a hard "obstruction" per se.

These guys don't seem to know an AR from an AK so I feel there may be a deal here (even if its just for some cheap parts).

Any thoughts?

Will they let you break it down? Who made the upper?

Does not sound like a good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
      Will they let you break it down? Who made the upper?

Does not sound like a good deal.
      It's a mil-spec upper... didn't notice the make...

There is no way I would offer $700.

I was thinking more like $300 due to the fact that it is currently inoperable and this place is new to offering ARs.

The manager said "I saw it fire"

I asked him if he saw it fire a second time.... lol

Comment

Not worth the hassle.

Comment

charging handles can cause binding like you described. Pull the charging handle out and drop the bolt in by itself. If it still binds check the anodizing inside the receiver. If it hasn't been fired much look for polishing on the interior. If it has been fired a lot, look at the wear pattern in the exposed aluminum. It should be a solid even band all the way back. If it has a tight spot it will show up as a sudden wear mark, indicative of a bent or damaged receiver.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
          X