• Show
Clear All

• armed homeowners +1 bad guys -2

My home town

by TERESA WOODARD

WFAA

Posted on March 20, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Updated today at 7:49 PM
    MAYPERAL — Two men are dead after a failed home invasion robbery attempt south of Maypearl in Ellis County.

It all started around 1 p.m. when a woman alone in her two-story rural farmhouse on Bee Creek Road heard a rattle at the door. She told deputies she saw two men trying to break in — one of whom was dressed in camouflage with a gun strapped to his back.

The woman called her husband, who was pulling into the driveway at about the same time. He raced inside the house and got a gun.

Investigators said the homeowner and the suspects exchanged a significant amount of gunfire, with some rounds penetrating the walls of the residence.

One suspect was shot by bullets from the homeowner and was dead at the scene, although his death may have been self-inflicted, deputies said.

The other suspect fled in a pickup truck reported stolen from Oklahoma and drove across the street, where he was found dead. Investigators believe he shot himself.

Television station KOCO reported that the pickup truck was allegedly stolen by 17-year-old Andrew Chaffin from his parents on Monday.

"The homeowner was hit. There's multiple rounds through his house," said Lt. James Saulter of the Ellis County Sheriff's Department. "Actually, one of them went through the side, and is above the bed in the master bedroom."

The male homeowner suffered a superficial bullet wound and was treated at the scene.

No names were released.
    sigpic

Did they kill themselves out of shame, stupidity, OR "kill themselves" wink wink

Either way, score one for the good guys!

Comment

Thats wild! A shootout at your own property in broad daylight... Damn. It doesnt get more real than that!
      ./ ____ _ _\.
      (]]]_ o _[[[)
      \o_FORD_o/
      |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

Haha wink wink
        sigpic

Comment

I like the officer's statement. "This is why we encourage our home owners to be armed." "If they had not been armed it most certainly could have been a different story."

Comment

That's crazy... Go from armed robbery to suicide? Oh we'll two less nut jobs I guess

Comment

If they followed Shotgun Joe Biden's advice, imagine trying to reload a double barrel with two armed assailants coming for you.

I think this R&R I will take some Shotgun Joe advice and 'just buy a shotgun' but it won't be a double barrel.

Good for the homeowner. Good for the douchebags too. They got what they deserved.
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

When Amanda Guerra reported on this last night she said they (The intruders I believe) had several weapons, one of them being an "AR".

I'm pretty sure I am going to write her an e-mail thanking her for getting it right. I don't think I have ever heard a reporter call it anything but a "Military style assault weapon baby killer fully automatic death machine."
                "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                  If they followed Shotgun Joe Biden's advice, imagine trying to reload a double barrel with two armed assailants coming for you.

I think this R&R I will take some Shotgun Joe advice and 'just buy a shotgun' but it won't be a double barrel.

Good for the homeowner. Good for the douchebags too. They got what they deserved.

I must have misinterpreted Joe when I was making my choice of shotgun.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                    I must have misinterpreted Joe when I was making my choice of shotgun.
                    Nice.

Comment

sounds like the wife may have done most of the shooting! Good for her. I find it amazing the hubby was able to get into the house and retrieve a gun to return fire.

I work from home a lot and this is why I am never separated from A gun by more than 5 feet while at home.

Thugs are getting pretty brave doing this shit in broad daylight.

I'd also like to see how that 17 year old passed a background check for an AR15....wink wink! LOL!

I do find it comical that the official report is that they may have committed suicide! Might be the local sherriff's chuckle for the day!

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                        sounds like the wife may have done most of the shooting! Good for her. I find it amazing the hubby was able to get into the house and retrieve a gun to return fire.

I work from home a lot and this is why I am never separated from A gun by more than 5 feet while at home.

Thugs are getting pretty brave doing this shit in broad daylight.

I'd also like to see how that 17 year old passed a background check for an AR15....wink wink! LOL!

I do find it comical that the official report is that they may have committed suicide! Might be the local sherriff's chuckle for the day!
                        My wife has cleared our house a few times with my XD9 service and night sights with a TLR1 light and the dogs. Like a pro clearing a room she has learned well and had to put it into action a few times with me on the phone. Her tactical prowess scares me actually. That is why I choose to sleep in Afghanistan; I taught her too well. lol

Comment

does this sound a little fishy to anyone else?

god bless.
                          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                            does this sound a little fishy to anyone else?

god bless.
                            If it does, we don't care. Two dead that are alleged to be home invaders. "he slipped, fell and his head popped off and landed on the pike, officer I swear" still wouldn't raise a flag with me.

Comment

just FYI i am 100% for dead crooks, something just sounds a touch off.

god bless.
                              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                              X