AR-15 sling prefference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR-15 sling prefference

I ordered a single point sling adapter for my rifle. I need the sling too, but have never used one. Should I get a bungee, or just a regular strap? I've heard that I should get one with a quick release, but have never tried either to know which I prefer. Which sling do ya'll prefer, bungee or regular?
    .223 > 911

Ive been happy with my gen one magpul ms2 or whatever it was. single point,double all in one. The only gripe i have with it is i wish it was a little wider. The soft fabric also catches briars/stickers.

Comment

I hate bungee slings. Hard to explain but they are just annoying. With every step it puts a load on your neck and shoulder, whereas with a regular sling you just lightly hold your rifle and it stays stationary.

I have a magpul one but I hate it. The fabric is so soft that it catches on everything (as stated by sleeper). Also the eye is so big that it wont fit through a lot of sling loops. I now use an Urban ERT Sling:
      The 2" URBAN-SENTRY Hybrid Sling is the best tactical two point to single point sling on the market. 100% Made in the USA by Americans, it is modular to any weapon and can be reconfigured from a one point sling into a dual point sling to suit your needs.

They are comfy, the fabric is tough, can be a single or two point sling, and for $7 more you get a belt attachment so you can just click your weapon onto your hip/belt/whatever and it stays put even if you have to move quickly (whereas running with a single point sling hands free would leave your gun bouncing all over).
      Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Magpul MS3 all the way. I like my SpecOps Patrol sling as well. I have the MS2 like Sleeper, and just like he says, it could be wider and made of a less grabby material. But the MS3 addresses those problems. I prefer the hooks on it too.
        IMG_0424

Comment

I was worried about the "bounce" effect of a bungie, so hearing it from someone else has made up my mind on that.

DOHCTR I'm thinking that the sling you put a link up to looks perfect. There are so many damn options though, and I don't know what most of them are. I have a right handed single point adapter plate, and I still have the regular front sling mount as well. I like the option of attaching it to my belt too. Any way you could help me out with what I need to select?

...and GAP i'm loving the avatar, that shit has me cracking up.
          .223 > 911

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernSVT View Post
            I was worried about the "bounce" effect of a bungie, so hearing it from someone else has made up my mind on that.

DOHCTR I'm thinking that the sling you put a link up to looks perfect. There are so many damn options though, and I don't know what most of them are. I have a right handed single point adapter plate, and I still have the regular front sling mount as well. I like the option of attaching it to my belt too. Any way you could help me out with what I need to select?

...and GAP i'm loving the avatar, that shit has me cracking up.
            Hmm, I guess just select your color and leave the first adapter as is. For the second point select the first option (also speed loop male webbing) and then add the $7 belt clip.

Trust me, you won't regret buying this sling. I have yet to find a better sling out there and you will really like the clip-to-belt feature.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
              Hmm, I guess just select your color and leave the first adapter as is. For the second point select the first option (also speed loop male webbing) and then add the $7 belt clip.

Trust me, you won't regret buying this sling. I have yet to find a better sling out there and you will really like the clip-to-belt feature.
              I looked up some of them, and I think the mash-hook single point looks like the way to go. The second point, and the belt clip i'm with you on.

Thanks for your help.
              .223 > 911

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernSVT View Post
                I looked up some of them, and I think the mash-hook single point looks like the way to go. The second point, and the belt clip i'm with you on.

Thanks for your help.
                No problem man, enjoy the sling. If you don't like it then you can always return it too (they are a good company according to numerous reviews).

Comment

I hate bungee slings. Hard to explain but they are just annoying. With every step it puts a load on your neck and shoulder, whereas with a regular sling you just lightly hold your rifle and it stays stationary.

I have a magpul one but I hate it. The fabric is so soft that it catches on everything (as stated by sleeper). Also the eye is so big that it wont fit through a lot of sling loops. I now use an Urban ERT Sling:
                  The 2" URBAN-SENTRY Hybrid Sling is the best tactical two point to single point sling on the market. 100% Made in the USA by Americans, it is modular to any weapon and can be reconfigured from a one point sling into a dual point sling to suit your needs.

They are comfy, the fabric is tough, can be a single or two point sling, and for $7 more you get a belt attachment so you can just click your weapon onto your hip/belt/whatever and it stays put even if you have to move quickly (whereas running with a single point sling hands free would leave your gun bouncing all over).
                  I have an Urban ERT also. I went thru a bunch of slings before I found the ERT, it is the best one by far. It bungees nice but not too much, I didnt buy the belt clip though, I'll have to check that out.

Comment

I'm not a fan of single points or bungees.
                    De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

I have the MS2. And a speedy two point. I like the cheap ass speedy two best.
                      sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                      🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

I like my ms3 sling.

Comment

I have QD adapter latch plates on my ARs and use a Troy single point combat sling. It's very well made and comfortable.
                          Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                          Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Thanks. Just picked one up.

Comment

Working...
                            X