Need suggestions for an AR upper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need suggestions for an AR upper

I currently have 3 complete ARs and 1 complete pistol lower without an upper. I have two 16" 5.56 rifles (one DI, one Piston), and a 8.5" 300blk with a suppressor. I also reload so ammo cost isn't too much of an issue. I have no end goal on what the 4th gun will be used for, and don't even know if I want to leave it as a pistol, sbr it, or build a rifle. I have thought about a short barreled 5.56, but I have two 5.56 guns already. Suggestions on other calibers and setups? Looked at .458, 6.8, .50 beowulf to name a few, but since I haven't decided what I want to use it for nothing has grabbed me with excitement yet, so I am open to all ideas.
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
    I currently have 3 complete ARs and 1 complete pistol lower without an upper. I have two 16" 5.56 rifles (one DI, one Piston), and a 8.5" 300blk with a suppressor. I also reload so ammo cost isn't too much of an issue. I have no end goal on what the 4th gun will be used for, and don't even know if I want to leave it as a pistol, sbr it, or build a rifle. I have thought about a short barreled 5.56, but I have two 5.56 guns already. Suggestions on other calibers and setups? Looked at .458, 6.8, .50 beowulf to name a few, but since I haven't decided what I want to use it for nothing has grabbed me with excitement yet, so I am open to all ideas.
    SBR 22lr with a suppressor.
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

My 7.5" 5.56 is a lot of fun. You can't help but smile. Every time I take it out it draws a crowd of people wanting to see it. Range officials always want to shoot it. I got my complete upper with stainless barrel from red x arms for under $300 shipped and with the few other little extras I have on it it's a under $500 build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
        My 7.5" 5.56 is a lot of fun. You can't help but smile. Every time I take it out it draws a crowd of people wanting to see it. Range officials always want to shoot it. I got my complete upper with stainless barrel from red x arms for under $300 shipped and with the few other little extras I have on it it's a under $500 build.

Sounds like we are running the same set up pretty much. It is by far, my favorite gun to shoot. Even more so if I manage to hit the range in the evening hours!
        Originally posted by Leah
        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Why not run a 20-inch target barrel set up? you already have shorties.

Comment

Build a semi precision 16" or 18" build. My bravo comp barreled 16" and 18" are fun as hell to shoot. As is my side charging 18" Rainier Ultramatch barrel AR.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
              Sounds like we are running the same set up pretty much. It is by far, my favorite gun to shoot. Even more so if I manage to hit the range in the evening hours!

Yep big fire balls every time. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                Why not run a 20-inch target barrel set up? you already have shorties.
                i can't speak for him, but i'm putting my 7.5" together because it'll fit in a bag easier.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                  i can't speak for him, but i'm putting my 7.5" together because it'll fit in a bag easier.
                  This is a reason I was leaning towards a shirt 5.56, but I have given some thought to a long rifle as mentioned. Just havent decided for sure either way. Good suggestions so far.
                  I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Working...
                  X