Sounds like a good shoot...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like a good shoot...

My cousin on Sunday night went to Vatozone to pick up a part for his car, he gets home and realizes he needs something else. Heads back up to VZ, goes up to the counter and no one's there, he waits a minute and yells for some help, nothing. Finally after the 3rd shout someone shouts from the back for him to come back there, his spidey sense kicks in and he says hes not doing that and he'll wait.
    All of sudden he see's a ninja creeping from the back of the store, he un-holsters his EDC, guy comes around the corner and goes to aim on him, they both point about the same time, but he gets off the first shot, killing the guy. PD shows up and they go in and find the employee's bound up in the back, no telling what this guy was going to do. Of course they took him and the employees all in for questioning, they finally let him/them go home.
    He was pretty tore up about it yesterday, I know we all play that role (me included) but boy that has to suck, said they were making eye contact at the time of the draw down...
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

That's nuts. Good on him for using his head and then not hesitating.

Comment

Wow that's pretty crazy. What time was this at? Did a quick Google search and came up empty handed. Did the Irving PD hold your cousins weapon? And also curious, does he have any lawyer insurance? I've seriously been thinking about this for a few months now but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Comment

And ya fuck that if someones hollering at me to go to the back

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
          And also curious, does he have any lawyer insurance? I've seriously been thinking about this for a few months now but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Not to hijack H's thread, but a lot of people use Texas Law Shield (including me). I'd be curious to know if anyone here has ever had to make that call.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
            Not to hijack H's thread, but a lot of people use Texas Law Shield (including me). I'd be curious to know if anyone here has ever had to make that call.
            Been some buzz around this topic and if it is actually worth the money.

Leah and I have had this since getting our CHL's. If you don't know what it is, it's basically like a prepaid legal deal, so if you have any legal needs regarding using a firearm, they will defend you. I get emails from them from time to time, with news and information related to Texas gun laws. I figured I may as well

Specifically:
            "
            Originally Posted by LANTIRN View Post
            Two year old article but worth reading if you are thinking about the insurance.

https://www.thetrace.org/2015/08/tex...action-lawsuit "
            WRX

Comment

I'm gonna have to re-read about that insurance. Better to have it then not have it.
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Wow that's pretty crazy. What time was this at? Did a quick Google search and came up empty handed. Did the Irving PD hold your cousins weapon? And also curious, does he have any lawyer insurance? I've seriously been thinking about this for a few months now but haven't pulled the trigger yet.
                They did keep the gun, not sure about the insurance, it was Sunday night. Not sure why it isn't been posted other than this Hurricane taking up all the news.

And ya fuck that if someones hollering at me to go to the back
                I know that's right...

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
                  Been some buzz around this topic and if it is actually worth the money.

Leah and I have had this since getting our CHL's. If you don't know what it is, it's basically like a prepaid legal deal, so if you have any legal needs regarding using a firearm, they will defend you. I get emails from them from time to time, with news and information related to Texas gun laws. I figured I may as well

Specifically:
                  "
                  Originally Posted by LANTIRN View Post
                  Two year old article but worth reading if you are thinking about the insurance.

https://www.thetrace.org/2015/08/tex...action-lawsuit "
                  I actually ended up cancelling as a result of that..

Sucks that your cousin had to do that H, but glad he was able to protect himself and the AZ employees.

Comment

I can't think of his screen name but I'll have to dig up the thread. But my buddy Emilio on here killed a guy breaking into his storage shed in his back yard a few years ago and had Texas Law Shield. I talked to him not to long ago and they still check up on him but he has not gotten his gun back from the local PD yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                      Sucks that your cousin had to do that H, but glad he was able to protect himself and the AZ employees.
                      I know, that's what the PD told him to, ain't no telling what that mofo was going to do to those employee's and they know what he was going to do to him if he wasn't armed.
                      We were at a huge party at the beginning of August in the crooked 'I' and he asked me what I EDC, I told him I usually just carry my G-32, but that day I was carrying that and my Sig w/15 rounds of the good shit. His exact words that day was that, "the crooked 'I' ain't that bad."

Don't think I won't be sure to remind his young ass about that conversation, when I leave Collin County I'm bringing the HEAT, in case shit gets too HOT!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                        I know, that's what the PD told him to, ain't no telling what that mofo was going to do to those employee's and they know what he was going to do to him if he wasn't armed.
                        We were at a huge party at the beginning of August in the crooked 'I' and he asked me what I EDC, I told him I usually just carry my G-32, but that day I was carrying that and my Sig w/15 rounds of the good shit. His exact words that day was that, "the crooked 'I' ain't that bad."

Don't think I won't be sure to remind his young ass about that conversation, when I leave Collin County I'm bringing the HEAT, in case shit gets too HOT!
                        Irving?

Do you know which location it was?

Comment

I can't think of his screen name but I'll have to dig up the thread. But my buddy Emilio on here killed a guy breaking into his storage shed in his back yard a few years ago and had Texas Law Shield. I talked to him not to long ago and they still check up on him but he has not gotten his gun back from the local PD yet.
                          Same thread I linked above and - turbopaez
                          WRX

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                            I actually ended up cancelling as a result of that.
                            I missed that when it was first posted. Do you do anything else instead? Did you cancel and just hope for the best? They attorney we keep on retainer is for business matters (incorporation, contracts, employee issues, etc), so at best he'd probably just refer me to someone else if one of use had to shoot...

Comment

damn Ninjas, I hope he is tore up about almost getting shot vs killing some worthless POS
                              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Working...
                              X