Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Police Officer in Collin County.....Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

holy shit i miss all you fuckers!

im going to try and make this a short story.....

I purchased a car from a friend in Austin.
    Was supposed to be gift for my youngest brother.
    April 2016 we had huge hail storm, ruined car.
    MIL "friend" at the time had her escape totaled and needed a car to get too and from work.
    I sold it to MIL "friend". Made the mistake and left plates on car......

she racked up $400.00 plus in tolls and will not reply to any form of contact.

My friend in Austin keeps getting letters from NTTA on the charges and is a bit irritated.

Just trying to figure out a way to get NTTA to pass on the charges to MIL "friend" because it has now got to the point where it is affecting my buddy's credit.

i dont have a Bill of Sale or this persons address.... i have first and last names (husband and wife) and know where they work. Also have cell numbers. Dont want to cause a scene at there job, as these individuals work at a school....

just need to get an address i guess so i can send a certified letter before i get a lawyer involved....

edit: that was longer than i anticipated.....

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
      This thread delivers!

David
      correction.... the TAGS deliver!

Comment

BradM was a cop, now he is just an asshole. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by joes01bullitt View Post
          holy shit i miss all you fuckers!

im going to try and make this a short story.....

I purchased a car from a friend in Austin.
          Was supposed to be gift for my youngest brother.
          April 2016 we had huge hail storm, ruined car.
          MIL "friend" at the time had her escape totaled and needed a car to get too and from work.
          I sold it to MIL "friend". Made the mistake and left plates on car......

she racked up $400.00 plus in tolls and will not reply to any form of contact.

My friend in Austin keeps getting letters from NTTA on the charges and is a bit irritated.

Just trying to figure out a way to get NTTA to pass on the charges to MIL "friend" because it has now got to the point where it is affecting my buddy's credit.

i dont have a Bill of Sale or this persons address.... i have first and last names (husband and wife) and know where they work. Also have cell numbers. Dont want to cause a scene at there job, as these individuals work at a school....

just need to get an address i guess so i can send a certified letter before i get a lawyer involved....

edit: that was longer than i anticipated.....
          That's on you, pay up.

Comment

No LE officer is going to assist on this.

Comment

Did he ever go to the DMV website and report the car as sold? If not, sucks to be him. Pay the fines and get over it.

PS. GE is right. Civil matter.

Comment

You'll have to pay the tolls, there's no way around it, ask me how I know. Fill out the form from the DMV that removes you from the plates.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                  No LE officer is going to assist on this.
                  Nothing they can do. NTTA is a private company of fuck youness. They fuck over anyone and everyone they can every chance they get and profit.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                    Imagine Cleburne but shittier.
                    Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                    That possible?
                    City boys. You wouldn't make it out here.
                    WH

Comment

As much as i hate NTTA and would get nothing but pure satisfaction over their death, it's not their fault. The original seller and you both sold a vehicle without protecting yourselves.

At this point, get a toll tag, ask to pay he tag rate, go to their work and remove the plates. Chalk it up to a lesson learned.

Comment

I'm going to be a broken record and say the same thing I always do with these type of threads. Always remove your plates and have the new owner get a Temporary Transit Permit to drive the car without plates. https://etag.txdmv.gov/Vehicle/Vehic...ForPermit.aspx

Then you go to the DMV online and submit a Vehicle Transfer Notification online. https://etag.txdmv.gov/Vehicle/MainT...ification.aspx

Hell, even when I have traded in a car I'll remove the tags right in front of them.

Being nice (including friends) in regards to car transactions brings nothing but headaches. Ask yourself, who would be motivated go through of process of title transfer if you have a tagged and inspected car that you could drive for at least a year. And what do they ALL do? They drive down the tollway, rack up tolls, run red lights and it all comes back to you.

Just a pro tip from your uncle Larry
                        Last edited by LS1Goat; 11-10-2017, 05:13 AM.

Comment

You have to do this to FORCE the new owner to transfer title and get their own plates! We need to keep a running total on these threads.
                          Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                          I'm going to be a broken record and say the same thing I always do with these type of threads. Always remove your plates and have the new owner get a Temporary Transit Permit to drive the car without plates. https://etag.txdmv.gov/Vehicle/Vehic...ForPermit.aspx

Then you go to the DMV online and submit a Vehicle Transfer Notification online. https://etag.txdmv.gov/Vehicle/MainT...ification.aspx

Hell, even when I have traded in a car I'll remove the tags right in front of them.

Being nice (including friends) in regards to car transactions brings nothing but headaches. Ask yourself, who would be motivated go through of process of title transfer if you have a tagged and inspected car that you could drive for at least a year. And what do they ALL do? They drive down the tollway, rack up tolls, run red lights and it all comes back to you.

Just a pro tip from your uncle Larry

Comment

Is this Stung?

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                              Go to their work and remove the plates.
                              And sooner rather than later. Or that bill is just going to go higher.
                              WH

Comment

VTR-346 form
                                "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X