Lone Survivor and American Sniper movies coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jose View Post
    And yes but at my home/office It's screener season!
    I did the same thing last night. It was OK I guess. I expected them to do the story more justice though.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
      I did the same thing last night. It was OK I guess. I expected them to do the story more justice though.
      I watched about half the movie last night before I fell asleep. Not that it was bad but I was doing other things at the same time and it got late. Going to watch it tonight again from the beginning with my nephews. The gun battle with the Taliban was pretty damn good though.

Comment

OK just finished watching the movie. Still a good watch but they definitely cut out a lot of the book but I can understand that they have to work with the time alloted for a movie and watching it doesn't seem like it was rushed. But having read the book I know there was a lot left out. Ending of the movie is pretty powerful with a roll call of all the soldiers who died. Pretty sure I'll be going to see this at the theater regardless of having seen it already.

Comment

I actually have it on DVD because of my mom. So when I see it, I'll let you guys know how it was

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
            I actually have it on DVD because of my mom. So when I see it, I'll let you guys know how it was
            U sir suck....
            sigpic

Comment

As much as I want to pay your gas and give you a beer to bring the DVD to me, I will hold of for the full cinema experience.

I read the book when it first came out and can relate with most of the geo and sociological references. I am really looking forward to seeing this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Well I have it on DVD to

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                  As much as I want to pay your gas and give you a beer to bring the DVD to me, I will hold of for the full cinema experience.

I read the book when it first came out and can relate with most of the geo and sociological references. I am really looking forward to seeing this.

You're more than welcome to come to the crib here in N FTW and watch it my nukka.

Comment

I'm gonna go see it at midnight
                    Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Wife and I watched Lone Survivor last night. We loved it. Neither of us read the book so I can't speak for accuracy but we enjoyed it quite a bit. We both lost it at the end when it showed the actual soldiers that lost their lives.

DVD Screener FTW

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                        We both lost it at the end when it showed the actual soldiers that lost their lives.
                        I cut that part short.

I feel bad that I didn't watch it in the theatre, but I can't handle crowds of people too well anymore. Especially when I am watching something like this.

Makes me feel like a bitch, but whatever.

Comment

I just got the .epub and am going to read it before going to the theater.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                            I cut that part short.

I feel bad that I didn't watch it in the theatre, but I can't handle crowds of people too well anymore. Especially when I am watching something like this.

Makes me feel like a bitch, but whatever.
                            I watched it with my family New Years Eve and we sat all the way through the end. I'm still going to see it on the theater but will probably go by myself and watch it. I just started reading another book but I may put a hold on it and re-read Lone Survivor again. It's been a while.

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                            I just got the .epub and am going to read it before going to the theater.
                            It's a good read. I remember loaning it to my dad before he passed away and he told me how good it was. I think that was the last time I read it as well. I think I'm going to load it up and read it as well.

Comment

Saw Luttrell on Good Morning, Texas this morning. Wonder if he'll be doing any appearances tonight.

Comment

I am going to try and watch it Friday around noon by myself if I can find a sitter.

The already read the book once but have put it in my bag to read on the plane back to Afghanistan again.

Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
                                X