Mechanic in Crowley Burleson area needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mechanic in Crowley Burleson area needed

My 2013 Fusion needs new front struts. I'd rather give the business to a local shop than a big name place... any recommendations?

You have 2 good places to choose from

Chris' A/C & Full Auto Service
    204 N Burleson Blvd, Burleson, TX 76028
    (817) 295-2291
    or
    Team Hoover auto
    227 N Burleson Blvd, Burleson, TX 76028
    (817) 295-8471
    Last edited by black50; 06-03-2018, 09:59 AM.

Comment

I've known Mike Hoover that owns Team Hoover a long time. He's a really good guy and a great mechanic.

Comment

Alrighty then, I will give these places a call, thanks much.

Comment

Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post
          Alrighty then, I will give these places a call, thanks much.
          I called and asked, they said they don't do work for "your kind". Sorry dude!

Comment

I don't get it. A loaded front strut assy. is only $97 @ Summit.
            I watched a quick video and it is simple R&R..

Comment

Originally posted by garycrist View Post
              I don't get it. A loaded front strut assy. is only $97 @ Summit.
              I watched a quick video and it is simple R&R..
              Yes, pretty damn easy to do Chris. I know you know how to work on cars (ie Turbo Stang) probably took longer to jack it up and take the wheels off.

Like Gary posted, I did the same on my '12 Fusion, my wife hit a meteor/pot hole and sheared off the alignment tab. I probably could have just loosened it up, adjusted it and retighten it, but instead I bought a set of FoMoCo Struts and Springs assembled. Her car had a little over 100K miles, so I just bought a new set and installed them here at the house.
              Four bolts up top, two 21mm bolts holding the bottom to the knuckle (make sure to not stretch the brake hose) and easy job.
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                Yes, pretty damn easy to do Chris. I know you know how to work on cars (ie Turbo Stang) probably took longer to jack it up and take the wheels off.

Like Gary posted, I did the same on my '12 Fusion, my wife hit a meteor/pot hole and sheared off the alignment tab. I probably could have just loosened it up, adjusted it and retighten it, but instead I bought a set of FoMoCo Struts and Springs assembled. Her car had a little over 100K miles, so I just bought a new set and installed them here at the house.
                Four bolts up top, two 21mm bolts holding the bottom to the knuckle (make sure to not stretch the brake hose) and easy job.
                No doubt I know how to do it. I just don't have any of the stuff anymore,the jackstands and jack, air tools, mainly.

Sold it all when I turned my house into a rental.

Sux because one of the above mentioned places wants over 800 bucks.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Comment

No doubt I know how to do it. I just don't have any of the stuff anymore,the jackstands and jack, air tools, mainly.

That settles it. I am gonna buy all the shit and do it myself.

Comment

Get an estimate from this guy. He is honest and fair priced. He worked at Gordon Permans shop for 20 years and when they shut down he took over. Tell him you got his number from Scott Kobus(Hannah's dad)

Mark Schreiner 817-732-4801

Comment

Originally posted by kobuzz View Post
                      Get an estimate from this guy. He is honest and fair priced. He worked at Gordon Permans shop for 20 years and when they shut down he took over. Tell him you got his number from Scott Kobus(Hannah's dad)

Mark Schreiner 817-732-4801
                      Alright I'll call him tomorrow, thanks!

Comment

Jesus Fuck, bring it to venus, if you have the assemblies we'll be done in an hour.
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                          Jesus Fuck, bring it to venus, if you have the assemblies we'll be done in an hour.
                          I was going to tell him to just use my Garage in Crowley

Comment

Thanks for all the nice offers... first I am checking into the parts.

Ford wants 200 something a piece for each front side.. Summit sells complete assemblies with struts and springs for much less... on the phone with them now.

Comment

Working...
                            X