Any state to state movers on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any state to state movers on here?

Crowley, Tx to Knoxville, TN.... Time frame would be June.

I've been looking at a bunch of different options.... turnkey to load with local help, drive out there myself, and unload with local help..

Anyway, what do you know? Recommendations, etc..

Your employer is covering this right? We just used a major van line last time (graebel)

Comment

You said moving expenses are covered in previous post(s) as part the hiring package. That means you just call a moving company and let them do the work. Your job is to just be there to let them in the house.

Sounds odd to me.

Comment

Both of my corp relocations were as described above, i just drank beer and watched.

Comment

Should be drink beer and watch.

If you've got expensive antiques and furniture also ask what they cover. They knick a nice piano you should get a couple grand

Comment

Yes they gave me a lump sum for the movers and will provide lodging in the city while I'm locating a place. Plus cover misc items that come up.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Need moving quotes you say?

If you really want to annoy the crap out of someone, go to http://www.movers-now.com/ and fill in a name and their phone number, they will instantly get 30 fucken calls within 30 minutes from every moving company known to man. Apparently some idiot named Christine is moving, and can't type her fucken number correctly. I

Comment

My nephew's FIL runs his own truck. Seems to be a good company, he's a stand up guy. I can get his information if you'd like.
                G'Day Mate

Comment

Definitely use a reputable company, especially if a relo package is footing the bill. I came across some horror stories when doing research for our move back to DFW from Sacramento.

Comment

I have been ripped off before by a moving company. Just rent a Uhaul and hire guys to load the truck and unload it.
                    07 GT500
                    05 SRT10
                    88 turbocoupe T-bird
                    93 Cobra
                    86 coupe
                    Ducati 848

Comment

That's the whole thing. I am looking at prices and trying to figure out where the 5K they're charging comes from and am also reading nightmare stories etc..

I know you pay for turnkey service, but I also know it doesn't matter how slick and shiny their webpage looks, these services hire Labor Ready type folks on both ends for the loading and unloading, and my observation is they are hungover and careless with your shit..

Comment

Our move was $10k, including shipping the Mustang, and we did most of the packing. It was double that to have them do the packing, $5k sounds to good to be true cheap, unless ya'll are in a 700 sqft apartment, and all boxed up.

Cardboard alone was over a grand, bought in bulk.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nah we are going to box everything up and I've got tons of boxes..

I have a 4 bedroom house 2200 sq/ft.. full of everything, hell it'll probably be more and 5K was at the low end... it'll probably be more once it's all done..

Comment

Sup homie, I got u. Hit me on the cell

214-680-1415

Comment

Sweet. Perez is going to pick up my stuff and promises to get it there safely. Thanks DFWMustangs!

Comment

Working...
                              X