X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
    Still a beast Keith

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I've got an image in my head I'd like to get to. Still working on it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
      Thanks. I've got an image in my head I'd like to get to. Still working on it.
      My struggle as well. May have to just accept I'm old as dirt and won't have the bikini body I once did in my early 20's.
      Not sure if you've posted your diet before, but if you can, would be interested to see what you're doing to maintain? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
        My struggle as well. May have to just accept I'm old as dirt and won't have the bikini body I once did in my early 20's.

Not sure if you've posted your diet before, but if you can, would be interested to see what you're doing to maintain? Thanks
        I do keto most of the time for months at a time. When I'm in the beginning stages of putting on weight and trying to get stronger in my key lifts, I dont eat as regimented clean diet as I should. I'll eat too much carbs usually until I go full keto then it's all stop on the carbs. So usually start to clean it up 3 months out from my next r&r date to look my best when I get home.

I need a better diet that is the middle of the road between my extreme keto and my regular eating.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• While I am totally kicking ass this year................................I have trashed my tendon or what not in my right bicep/elbow area. Through some experimenting I realized I can do very strict regular flat bar curls at low weights. But fing hammer curls are out of the question at almost any rate. Was just at full curl but it has gotten worse. Looks like I am about to have to take 3 months off or so of lifting. Even hurts to pull my gun and go on threat. I still owned it at the range but it hurt a little I wont lie. I think all the biking is wearing on my damn feet also. Got a little plantar fasciitis going on on both feet. I have learned not to go barefoot on hard surfaces. Today that is! Why is this whole fitness thing fighting me!
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by kingjason View Post
            Today that is! Why is this whole fitness thing fighting me!
            Cuz ur getting 0ld.
            Dr. Sholl’s for the shoes. They work well. Won’t heal it by any means, but will help cope especially when doing your flat foot thing.

Comment

• I'll second SS on the dr schools for plantar support. It's made a huge difference for me and I'm not ready to give up running yet.

Comment

• So my left foot was Fubar for about a year. I have almost healed that dude without any more shots but I do need to start wearing my insoles the doc gave me again. I reached down and felt the knot on my heel and started clawing at it with my finger nails a while back. I dug in hard a few times and while it hurt, as soon as I stepped out of the truck it felt better. Been practicing this for a while now and it has helped a lottttt. The right one just flared up and I am working on it. Really a lot better after not going barefoot yesterday at all. I also thru away my favorite Jesus sandals as I think them slapping the ground was causing issues. They were to loose and probably not enough support.

Last night after posting I watched a video on a guy healing his arm with massage. My wife did some diagnosis today and said it might be muscular. Now I have been screwing with this for months. I got to jabbing around on my forearm and triceps area and noticed some good knots and real pain if I dug deep. Hit it with the giant massager I had and worked my chest, bicep, that whole front and my forearm. I either roughed it up and it is just numb, or I actually found my issue. We shall see. I use to see a massage therapist once a month before my wife decided to "retire".
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• This might help with the knots:

For the feet I've actually had good luck rolling my foot around using a tennis ball to stretch that tendon. You can also use the massager on the calf of the affected foot since planters can originate in that location.

Comment

This might help with the knots:

For the feet I've actually had good luck rolling my foot around using a tennis ball to stretch that tendon. You can also use the massager on the calf of the affected foot since planters can originate in that location.
                    That is the exact apparatus I used last night!

I started with tennis balls, then moved on to balls with spikes, then Vionax shoes, ice, lazers.............................Honestly the thumb and nail worked the best then balls. I even have a foot massager machine now. It is not to shabby. It is funny because a couple of times at YAYA foot massage the therapist will literally take their thumb and insert a few times into the heel.
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                      the therapist will literally take their thumb and insert a few times into the heel.
                      sweet Jesus that sounds painful.

Comment

sweet Jesus that sounds painful.
                        Actually it does, if your heel is fucked up, but brings relief. The worst part and my massage therapist use to do it also, is the grinding down my shinbone. I hate, hate, hate that.
                        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                          I have been able to keep myself going to the gym no more then a month since high school. This year has been the year I broke 3 month straight of working out. I need to make a start to go during lunch time. Being a new parent makes it hard to go. I make it a point to make no excuses ...the routine is making it feel less motivated to go. Planer fitness does not have much variety. That is where I say to myself no excuses.
                          I hate the gym. Never fails, always have to wait in line to use what I wanna use. There can be 2 people in a big ass gym and the other guy will want to use what I want to use just before I get there. Then there's talking yourself into going to the gym. What an inconvenience. So I bought a good squat rack, bench, and all kinds of other stuff off craigslist a few years ago, and i use it all the time. Sooo much better than paying for membership and dealing with other people and making a trip somewhere.

And before anyone says everyone stops using their home gym: Once you form the habit, it feels shitty not to use it that day. Gotta make sure you fully form a new habit and stick with the habit. On days that I'd rather be doing anything else but lifting, I just do maintenance mode which is less reps and 1 less set. Takes much less time, doesn't feel like it costs you much energy, and then at least you lifted that day and you maintained.
                          WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                            I hate the gym. Never fails, always have to wait in line to use what I wanna use. There can be 2 people in a big ass gym and the other guy will want to use what I want to use just before I get there. Then there's talking yourself into going to the gym. What an inconvenience. So I bought a good squat rack, bench, and all kinds of other stuff off craigslist a few years ago, and i use it all the time. Sooo much better than paying for membership and dealing with other people and making a trip somewhere.

And before anyone says everyone stops using their home gym: Once you form the habit, it feels shitty not to use it that day. Gotta make sure you fully form a new habit and stick with the habit. On days that I'd rather be doing anything else but lifting, I just do maintenance mode which is less reps and 1 less set. Takes much less time, doesn't feel like it costs you much energy, and then at least you lifted that day and you maintained.
                            When I had a really nice set up at the house I worked out all the time. I spent some money but there has to be enough equipment to make it worth while. That was 15 years and a Ex wife ago.

Now that the smoke has settled from the lawsuit my 24 hour membership is back to 24.00 a year for life bitches. I gotz no kids and work a fed up schedule compared to you normal folks. But, I love my schedule and going to the gym at midnight is fantastic. Every now and again I might have to wait, but usually I just change up my routine.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Let's not forget the wooden dumbbell rack, and shut the fuck up already Smegma/Stanley. You dont go to the gym because you are a lazy slob, absolutely nobody that's been on this site for more than 5 minutes thinks otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

• I don't do as well just fucking around on my own, so I got back in Crossfit a couple months ago after a 4 yr hiatus.

Some of my recent lifts:
                                Squat - 5 @ 355
                                Bench - 3 @ 300
                                Deadlift - 3 @ 405
                                Strict press - 5 @ 175
                                Been working on more barbell complexes in the past months also - e.g. squat clean, hang squat clean, power clean, OH press (one movement) @ 185

Also, I do better when I'm working to a goal, so there are three at the moment.
                                1.) get my clean up to at least 250 by end of year (form issue, not strength)
                                2.) working on bar muscle ups at the moment, with a goal of getting ring MUs by Christmas
                                3.) the "one ton challenge." It's a combo of oly lifting and powerlifting. Basically get your snatch, clean, jerk, back squat, bench, and deadlift total to add up to 2000 lbs. I'm probably 300 lbs short lol

Also means it's time for my fatass to trim up

Oh, and I'm officially getting old. 10 years ago I had a menisciotomy on my right knee, and in the past couple years it's started being a pain in the ass again. Official diagnosis without MRIs and things I don't care to do at the moment - early onset arthritis at 35 yrs old

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                                For the feet I've actually had good luck rolling my foot around using a tennis ball to stretch that tendon.
                                Try a lacrosse ball.
                                Last edited by Strychnine; 08-16-2019, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X