TRT. Who's on it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRT. Who's on it?

I'm 28, and the last couple years I have been feelling like shit, run down, tired all the time, sex drive meh.. I feel strong in the gym, but nothing like a few years ago. Also metabolism has gone to shit. Would it be worth my time to go get tested? Who is on it? Do you like it? Best place to go?
    ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

I got tested earlier this year due to some of the same symptoms, and came to find out that my test is in the mid-high range. Thyroid function, on the other hand was out of whack, which can cause similar symptoms. I'm 38 btw, not that low-T only effects those over 40, but it's a lot less likely at your age.

Talk to your doctor openly about what's going on, and see where the conversation leads. It's most certainly worth your time to get tested if there's an issue that needs to be tended to, but don't have expectations as to what the issue is.

Comment

Had my blood tested for the same reasons. Tst level was 304. They did find some other issues so I have to have more testing done then worry about tst.
      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Maybe look into trying natural ways first? I've heard doing squats will increase testosterone

How can one increase their testosterone levels? Learn about testosterone what symptoms you might experience with low testosterone, and what some tips on raising it to normal levels. Read on for more...

How Can One Increase Their Testosterone Levels? What Are Some Natural Ways To Increase Testosterone?

There are three main types of ways that one can increase their testosterone levels naturally:

Change in lifestyle
        Change in diet
        Change in supplementation

1 Change In Lifestyle

Testosterone can be affected by some basic lifestyle decisions made. The main change one can make is improving sleep quality.

Sleep has a tremendous impact on testosterone levels. Your test levels can plummet 40% down by having poor sleep quality. To improve your sleep try such tips as:

Keeping the bedroom cooler.
        Avoid drinking liquids 2-3 hours before bed.
        Use the bathroom right before going to bed.
        Release any pressure on your bladder before sleep (tight pants, sleeping on stomach).
        Take supplements that aid in sleep such as melatonin and ZMA (more on ZMA later).

Sex also has an impact on testosterone levels. It is ideal to have sex at least once a week to maintain high testosterone levels. It is known that your testosterone levels rapidly drop if you haven't "released" in over a week.
        2Change In Diet

Diet also has a great impact on testosterone levels. First off a healthy, balanced diet is required to maximize test levels.
        Zinc

In addition to a healthy diet, zinc is shown to increase testosterone levels, especially in males that are deficient in the mineral. Vitamin B6 and magnesium also to aid in zinc absorption and the converting of free cholesterol to testosterone, which will be mentioned later with the supplement ZMA.
        Alcohol Reduction

Alcohol should be avoided when trying to increase testosterone levels. Healthy normal men, consuming reasonable amounts of alcoholic drink, experience a 20% drop in their serum levels of testosterone. In chronic alcoholics with extensive liver damage those levels can be reduced by as much as 50% and they can become feminized (loose facial and pubic hair, become impotent, and fat deposits behind the nipples that give the appearance of breasts).
        3 Change In Supplementations

Obviously a balanced diet and proper sleep should come first before taking supplements to increase testosterone; however one can further increase their testosterone by taking various supplements.
        ZMA

Possibly the most well-known testosterone booster, ZMA, combines three natural vitamins and minerals into one capsule. These are:

Zinc
        Magnesium aspartate
        Vitamins B6

ZMA is a great, inexpensive supplement that every bodybuilder should take. In addition to a testosterone booster, the magnesium in ZMA helps one fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer. As you can see, ZMA is a must-have.
        WRX

Comment

I'm 38 and had mine tested. It was 82. The only symptom I had was fatigue. I would fall asleep on the way home from work at 4pm. It got to the point to where I had to pull over and do pushups to stay awake.
          I've been on the shots since right after thanksgiving and I can tell a huge difference. My workouts are better and I don't fatigue as fast when I go running. Just go get checked out an see what they tell you.

Comment

I'm all for trying the natural methods above, though I also think that talking to a doc and getting tested should come first. None of these things will help if testosterone isn't the issue.

Having wrongly mis-diagnosed myself, I would have been "wasting time" trying to naturally elevate test levels that were already naturally on the high side, and any benefit would further mask the root cause. The body is complicated, quit guessing/hoping, and face facts.

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
              Maybe look into trying natural ways first? I've heard doing squats will increase testosterone

How can one increase their testosterone levels? Learn about testosterone what symptoms you might experience with low testosterone, and what some tips on raising it to normal levels. Read on for more...

Thanks for posting that.
              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

I wish I was geared out

Comment

Man try some OTC stuff. P6 Red is pretty great for me.
                  DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

I have been on TRT since 2005. If you're 35+ and not planning on any more children, then you really should look into it. I've made several threads about the subject over the years. Here's a thread from Canada with good info.

Comment

Hey Dr. Dave, are there any markers to look at other than free test, LH, and TSH? Those are all "good" for me according to the doc, so I guess I haven't hit the big decline yet at 38?

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                        I have been on TRT since 2005. If you're 35+ and not planning on any more children, then you really should look into it. I've made several threads about the subject over the years. Here's a thread from Canada with good info.

http://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/arch.../t-311943.html
                        this is SUPER important

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                          Hey Dr. Dave, are there any markers to look at other than free test, LH, and TSH? Those are all "good" for me according to the doc, so I guess I haven't hit the big decline yet at 38?
                          those numbers in a range of course and most doctors say you are normal if your number is in that range

the trick is to find a doctor that cares that if the range is say between 300-700 and you are at 303, they care enough to do something if you still feel like shit

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                            those numbers in a range of course and most doctors say you are normal if your number is in that range

the trick is to find a doctor that cares that if the range is say between 300-700 and you are at 303, they care enough to do something if you still feel like shit
                            I'm in the 600's, so no where near marginal. I am wondering if there are other factors though, not necessarily indicated by free test.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post

This a big part of it. When I started the journey a few years ago I saw an endocrinologist (female). The lab that they used at the time said the reference range was something like 200-750. I had some labs that showed 150-160, then one that was like 210 and she said that I was "within the good range." Then I got the, "Well, you look muscular... are you sure you've never taken any drugs or anything that could affect your levels?" blah blah blah blah. She did rule out other things (thyroid, etc), but in the end she just didn't care how I felt, because I was "in the acceptable range."

I changed docs and started seeing a urologist (male) at USMD Cancer Center and before we did any labs we had long talks about how I felt now vs the past, etc. At one point I saw levels as low as 86 or so, but mostly hovering in the mid to upper 100s. After trying the gels and everything else we finally got it pretty dialed in (along with managing E2) with weekly injections and I stay steady right around 1000 right now and feel fucking great. It's a bit higher than the goal that he would set for a patient, but he has no beef with letting me keep it there. Whenever I see him, before he looks at my numbers on the lab report he asks, "how are you feeling?" Basically, as long as my hemoglobin (red blood cell) level stays below 18 I'm set.

But we are also not having kids, so that's one less thing to worry about. Like Dave and CWO mentioned, you need to talk to your Dr if kids are still in your future.
                              Last edited by Strychnine; 05-04-2015, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X