Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World class collection hidden in plain sight Barn Find Hunter ...Texas Edition...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World class collection hidden in plain sight Barn Find Hunter ...Texas Edition...

Its a pity some of those are sitting in weeds or having a pony shit around them.

But its his cars.

Love this show.
    Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

kids and grand-kids now: grandpa, you're a real piece of shit for never even coming close to finishing what you said was gonna be "my car"

Comment

"I'm not a hoarder."

Comment

I appreciate the cars still being around, but he will never finish any of those cars. He is just collecting them. The easy part is buying the cars, the hard part is finding the time to work on them. I have the same issue and have way more than I need. I ought to slim the herd down. I have 9 project vehicles. Some were purchased as “for parts”. ‘67 Mustang coupe was bought from a friend to help him out money wise (been sitting here for 10 years). ‘59 IH pickup turned into yard art. I still have my first vehicle. It has not been registered since 1994. It is a ‘77 IH Scout Traveler. Should fix that one up. Ass Monkey sold theirs for 200k. LOL

CN

Comment

It's always nice to see that type of hoarder. He could sell half the shit and use that money to pay someone to restore the other half of it, but it'll sit and rot. Then his wife will sell it all.

I can see as a hoarder myself how it would be easy to do. I'm not buying another project for a very long time. The time is too hard to find, easier to find the money for something nice and done.

Comment

Originally posted by CyaNide View Post
              I appreciate the cars still being around, but he will never finish any of those cars. He is just collecting them. The easy part is buying the cars, the hard part is finding the time to work on them. I have the same issue and have way more than I need. I ought to slim the herd down. I have 9 project vehicles. Some were purchased as “for parts”. ‘67 Mustang coupe was bought from a friend to help him out money wise (been sitting here for 10 years). ‘59 IH pickup turned into yard art. I still have my first vehicle. It has not been registered since 1994. It is a ‘77 IH Scout Traveler. Should fix that one up. Ass Monkey sold theirs for 200k. LOL

CN
              do you title them in your name and pay taxes on them each year?

Comment

My dad bought and bought and bought. I sold and sold and sold after he passed. I'm still working through stuff. I'm down to about 15 motorcycles, 1 wooden 17 foot tolleycraft boat, and a toyota dolphin motorhome I think. I've sold 35 cars and motorcycles, given away 3 boats, and crushed a few that weren't worth messing with.

The common line was "why did he park it, what was wrong with it". Most of the time, he literally drove it to where it sat, took the key out (sometimes) and got into something else to drive the next time. Sometimes it was a little project that he started and never went back to but always had the intention of getting to it.

I have 2 current projects, my mustang and a 91 s10 extended cab I bought to take the v6 build I had for my Regal after I decided to sell it as a roller. I haven't worked on either in years because I don't have the time to dedicate while still clearing my dad's stuff and other things in life.

I will keep a couple bikes that are sentimental and I hold close. One needs a full build after being involved a fire and the other some tlc to get back road worthy. I'm not just throwing all his dreams away lol but I am a realist and know what I can handle.

That said, I miss my old man, it's been just over 4 years and I think of him daily.

Comment

I can relate. I bought and bought and bought some more. After restoring 5 car and nearly 40 project cars waiting to be done.....it just got to be to much. So I started selling off. Was planning to sell just the projects off. Then I decided, why stop there! I sold everything off. I enjoy not having to hunt parts 24/7, trying to up keep the restored cars and mow around all the project cars. Looking back selling everything was absolutely the right thing to do! I see stories like this now and I can relate that he has some awesome cars. Yet I know at night the guy goes to sleep dreaming of what to restore and how it would be great if this that and the other could somehow magically get restored. But in the end all that happens is a long night of tossing and turning, not much sleep.
                  Last edited by 1carcrazyguy; 08-20-2019, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                    do you title them in your name and pay taxes on them each year?

Most are in my name. Only register/insure the ones that are drivable.

CN.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                      "I'm not a hoarder."
                      LOL. I was thinking the same thing.
                      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Working...
                      X