Student Loan Interest rates are they "Criminal?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by waycooljr View Post
    did that been doing it for years now fucking idiot im talking about all the people who have no self control

think before you open your mouth bitch

youre like the resident retard i see......hello ignore list!!!!!!!
    Holy hell, dude.

You've got that special blend of retard on lock.

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
      Car loans are cheaper because it is a _secured_ loan because they can seize they car for no payment.
      Bingo. If you don't pay your student loans, they can't take your education back.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
        Bingo. If you don't pay your student loans, they can't take your education back.
        They'll garnish the fuck out of your paycheck though.

Comment

Also say bye-bye to any tax refunds, they can and will be taken by the feds to re-pay the loan. Seen it.

Comment

I think what is actually criminal is the $400 text books.
            May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
            Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
              First brilliant thing you have said all day!
              www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                First brilliant thing you have said all day!
                Thank you very little!
                May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
                Semper Fi

Comment

all those student loan places are a fucking scam.

Comment

There is a reason why 85% of University of Phoenix's revenue comes from the federal government. And it isn't because everyone gets ahead with a degree in TV/VCR repair.
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                      University of Phoenix
                      all gov assistance (including student loans) for unaccredited schools should be illegal

Hell all unaccredited schools (including home school) should be illegal

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                        all gov assistance (including student loans) for unaccredited schools should be illegal

Hell all unaccredited schools (including home school) should be illegal
                        That's just it, UoP and places like trade schools are accredited, by an accrediting board set up by the trade school industry, so you'd end up having to make a governmental accrediting board.

Comment

wow i never imagined someone is going to try and take advantage of me because i want to borrow money. dear diary.....

Comment

Even the cheapest(public) Universities are 3,500 to 4k per semester, without books, room and board. Then their is this pesky little problem of eating and putting clothes on your back.

Unless you have invested in "Texas tomorrow" fund or "EE Bonds", or just filthy rich (parents that is). You will have to procure money for college. I am not talking about worthless correspondence degree mills. A honest to God University. (UNT,UT,A&M etc....) There are a lot of good schools in Texas. College is expensive. Nothing wrong with borrowing funds for this.

I say do what it takes to get the skin on the wall. You will never regret it. In addition, you will out earn your peers without a degree exponentially every year. Being a Phoenix is not what I am talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
                              Very good point - and a few more - Why have University tuition cost's over the past decade gone up so much faster than inflation -

Also, while a student loan is "unsecured" as someone mentioned earlier, it is almost impossible to escape repayment, even in bankruptcy .... SO why does the "Free Market" have 30 year Mortgages at around 3 to 4% with the Fed discount rate at or near 0% - why is the Fed NOT willing to refinance current student loans at todays cost of money - seems the Fed wants us a slave to dept with the 7.9% rates ..... or they really just like to make alot of money off those who have these loans ... if these loans were open to the free market and bank competition I would bet we would see some lower rates be made avaialble.

Cliff notes - Gov program is needed (and a little free market competition would help,) but seems like rates are screw job.
                              sigpic
                              08 Mustang GT - NOT Stock ..... HPP Flex fuel tunes - 537/515 RWHP/RWT

Click for Little Elm, Texas Forecast

Comment

Originally posted by Mixedup View Post
                                Very good point - and a few more - Why have University tuition cost's over the past decade gone up so much faster than inflation -

Simple. More and More people want to go to college and are willing to pay the price to do. It is a business. They have not seen a decline in application due to rising prices so why stop now?
                                www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Working...
                                X