Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I thought no American Oil company profited of the Iraq War?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought no American Oil company profited of the Iraq War?

Title edit *from the Iraq war*

I thought Exxon was an American Oil Company. Sure looks like they have at least one of their fields, for now anyway.

Article doesn't validate your point, also someone could find evidence that you profited from the war in Iraq in more than one way.

Comment

*yawn*

Why did the Democrats vote to go to war with Iraq?

Comment

Originally posted by noshine4mine View Post
        *yawn*

Why did the Democrats vote to go to war with Iraq?
        Because their owned almost as totally as the Repubs by big oil.

Also if they hadn't voted for it bush and the rest of the Repubs would have screamed from the rooftops about how unamerican they were and they might have taken a bloodbath in the next election.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman85turbo View Post
          Article doesn't validate your point, also someone could find evidence that you profited from the war in Iraq in more than one way.
          You don't think being in charge of one of Iraq's major oil fields would bring in major profits?

Comment

Originally posted by 4eyedwillie View Post
            Because their owned almost as totally as the Repubs by big oil.

Also if they hadn't voted for it bush and the rest of the Repubs would have screamed from the rooftops about how unamerican they were and they might have taken a bloodbath in the next election.
            "if... would have... might have..."

Sounds like a bunch of posturing on a position of pure speculation.

Some of the biggest supporters of Iraq War: Kerry, Clinton, Edwards et.al

President Bush (like all the rest) relied on intelligence agencies that gave footing for the War in Iraq. To blame Bush (like you seem to enjoy doing) unfortunately requires you blaming the rest of your Blue Party bretheren.
            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
            dont downshift!!
            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Good, lets take it all. We're already over there. Fuck em.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                "if... would have... might have..."

Sounds like a bunch of posturing on a position of pure speculation.

Some of the biggest supporters of Iraq War: Kerry, Clinton, Edwards et.al

President Bush (like all the rest) relied on intelligence agencies that gave footing for the War in Iraq. To blame Bush (like you seem to enjoy doing) unfortunately requires you blaming the rest of your Blue Party bretheren.
                My point in making the post is that not too long ago Frost and others (including you I believe) Were trying to beat me up (online) saying that American oil companies had not made a dime of profit off the Iraq war. Now it turns out that Exxon is in charge of one of the biggest fields....

Comment

My point in making the post is that not too long ago Frost and others (including you I believe) Were trying to beat me up (online) saying that American oil companies had not made a dime of profit off the Iraq war. Now it turns out that Exxon is in charge of one of the biggest fields....
                  I don't understand why this is news to you... Exxon is a public-traded company with investors and they do excellent work in their field (no pun intended). LOTS of middle-east countries hire outside companies to do the rigging. Exxon bid, Exxon won.
                  I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                  dont downshift!!

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                    I don't understand why this is news to you... Exxon is a public-traded company with investors and they do excellent work in their field (no pun intended). LOTS of middle-east countries hire outside companies to do the rigging. Exxon bid, Exxon won.
                    Then why were you guys saying that they didn't make a dime off the war?

Comment

[QUOTE=DON SVO;841906]I don't understand why this is news to you... Exxon is a public-traded company with investors and they do excellent work in their field (no pun intended). LOTS of middle-east countries hire outside companies to do the rigging. Exxon bid, Exxon won.[/QUOTE

Obviously, he doesn't understand (nor care about) free enterprise.

Comment

Then why were you guys saying that they didn't make a dime off the war?
                        Because they bid on and won the contract after Barry O. said we were withdrawing? Because they bid on and won contracts well after Bush was out of office and the 'war' had changed gears to stabilization of the region? Here's reality... In November 2009, an Exxon Mobil - Shell joint venture won a $50 billion contract to develop the Qurna field. Go talk to War-Monger Obama for allowing that to happen.
                        dont downshift!!

Comment

Yet so many liberal fucktards don't want to drill for oil and natural gas here or finish the XL pipeline. Make up your fucking mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                            Yet so many liberal fucktards don't want to drill for oil and natural gas here or finish the XL pipeline. Make up your fucking mind.
                            I don't have a problem with the pipeline...finish it. It's not going to do what you think it does tho. It is just to transport the oil to the gulf so it can be shipped to china, not to make gasoline here. The gulf refineries are designed to refine west texas crude which is much cleaner than the canadian shale oil. If they wanted to use the oil here they would have the pipeline going to the east coast.

Comment

I don't have a problem with the pipeline...finish it. It's not going to do what you think it does tho. It is just to transport the oil to the gulf so it can be shipped to china, not to make gasoline here. The gulf refineries are designed to refine west texas crude which is much cleaner than the canadian shale oil. If they wanted to use the oil here they would have the pipeline going to the east coast.
                              There's only a couple of refineries that can use the "dirty" crude...my wife works for one here in Dallas. Their refineries are in Tulsa and New Mexico...not in the gulf.

Comment

Working...
                              X