DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > The Armory

The Armory The definitive firearms forum of DFW Mustangs.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2017, 11:01 AM   #21
helosailor
Blow me down
 
helosailor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: USS Awesomesauce
Posts: 11,762
Default

Here ya go. I accept cash, money orders, or you can paypal me.
http://www.operationalmedicine.org/L...%20Aid/toc.htm
__________________
"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."
helosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 11:02 AM   #22
Chili
Lifer
VIP Member
 
Chili's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1975
Location: Euless
Posts: 23,777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by helosailor View Post
Fixed.
Yeah, certainly cannot forget vitamin M! lol
Chili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 12:18 PM   #23
01yz2nv
Lifer
 
01yz2nv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Princeton
Posts: 3,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by helosailor View Post
Here ya go. I accept cash, money orders, or you can paypal me.
http://www.operationalmedicine.org/L...%20Aid/toc.htm
Boom there ya go.
__________________
"You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
Factory Five MK4 Cobra
Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
01yz2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 02:09 PM   #24
no4njnk
Lifer
 
no4njnk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by helosailor View Post
Here ya go. I accept cash, money orders, or you can paypal me.
http://www.operationalmedicine.org/L...%20Aid/toc.htm
What I have to read and can't wear my tacticool stuff to a class? Read through part of it real quick and it does make you wonder what idiot did that to make them put it in the book
no4njnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 04:21 PM   #25
helosailor
Blow me down
 
helosailor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: USS Awesomesauce
Posts: 11,762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by no4njnk View Post
What I have to read and can't wear my tacticool stuff to a class? Read through part of it real quick and it does make you wonder what idiot did that to make them put it in the book
Where there's a will, there's a way.
__________________
"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."
helosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 07:53 PM   #26
Probie
Don'tyouknowit'smebro?
VIP Member
 
Probie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili View Post
Lol, I was going to say the same thing.. I went to Army basic in 1993 and I think we spent one day on first aid. It was primarily just looking for wounds, immobilizing, and stopping bleeding (or sucking chest wound). Basically, keeping them from doing more damage to themselves or bleeding out before a real medic gets there.

The combat lifesavers course was much better, and right was a solid week (though in the units I was in it was usually broken up over several weeks).

At most this sounds like a good foundation and if someone wants to learn more they can proceed. But yeah, if most people out there have no clue how to even stop bleeding, or understand the difference between a pressure dressing and tourniquet, I certainly don't see this as a bad thing.

BTW, that list doesn't seem too overwhelming. A number of those are probably not much more than a 15 minute presentation.
They couldn't secure any med cadre to teach our first med class. So our drills took 15 minutes to show how to put on a tq and pressure dressing. The rest of the time was spent on learning to call 9 line medivac
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt View Post
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...
Probie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 12:22 AM   #27
GE
6 Cliff Trail, Frisco, TX
 
GE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 34,571
Default

One of the kits I was considering was Dark Angel Medical. Looks like they're doing some training but it's in Nov. Looks like they're cramming a lot of material in 2 days as well.

http://darkangelmedical.com/direct-a...november-2017/

The time to learn to use your personal trauma kit is not when you or someone else is bleeding out!!! When life expectancy is measured in seconds and help is minutes away, will you know what to do? In our uncertain lives, that is a question that we all need to be able to answer a resounding, “Yes!” to. Dark Angel Medical, LLC, is proud to offer training and instruction in the use of the D.A.R.K. The Direct Action Response Training** fills a niche between military self-aid/buddy care training and civilian EMS training and is geared towards those with little to no medical training or background. It provides the student with critical, need-to-know information, which can be utilized in a myriad of situations and stresses the ‘you don’t know what you don’t know’ principle as well as our own principle of “Simplicity Under Stress”. The course is 2 days in length with a total of 16 hours of classroom work to include slide presentations, videos, question and answer sessions and hands-on practical skills application. A manual and all training aids will be provided. A D.A.R.K. (Direct Action Response Kit) may also be provided to each student as part of the tuition. ***There are no prerequisites for this class***

Included

The course covers the following:

Physiological and Psychological reactions to environmental stress
The importance of having the proper Combat Mindset
Basic Anatomy and Physiology of life-sustaining systems
H, A, B, C’s—Hemorrhage, Airway, Breathing and Circulation
Breakdown and usage of Individual Med Kit components
Proper stowage and employment of the IMK
Hands-on application of the IMK
Basic and Advanced Airway management -treating and monitoring tension pneumothorax, sucking chest wound and flail chest
Airway adjunct device placement-Nasopharyngeal Airway
Basic First Aid and Advanced wound care
Application of Bandages and Hemostatic Agents
Application of tourniquets
Recognition and Treatment of various injuries (Gunshot, Laceration, Burn, Airway, Head, Orthopedic, Environmental)
Recognition and treatment of hypovolemic (hemorrhagic) shock
Moving and positioning victims with various injuries
Response to active shooter situation
Proper use of cover and cover vs. concealment
Casualty recovery in an Active Shooter situation
Mass casualty triage procedure
Emergency Medical Dialect/Lingo (911 protocol, cooperation with LE, Fire and EMS and First Responders)

Hardware/Kit

Note pad and pen/pencil/Sharpie
Individual First Aid Kit—If you choose to. All training materials are provided.
An open mind
**Note: The Direct Action Response Training offers no formal certification. It is informational only.
GE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 08:15 AM   #28
Chili
Lifer
VIP Member
 
Chili's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1975
Location: Euless
Posts: 23,777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Probie View Post
They couldn't secure any med cadre to teach our first med class. So our drills took 15 minutes to show how to put on a tq and pressure dressing. The rest of the time was spent on learning to call 9 line medivac
Yikes!

Just hope your battle buddy got better training than you!
Chili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 06:15 PM   #29
01yz2nv
Lifer
 
01yz2nv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Princeton
Posts: 3,410
Default

That sounds like a better class to me, it seems to focus more on traumatic injuries and bleeding control. Plenty of chances for somebody to use those sets of skills, at the range, pulling up on an mva, you name it.
__________________
"You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
Factory Five MK4 Cobra
Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
01yz2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 07:39 PM   #30
Probie
Don'tyouknowit'smebro?
VIP Member
 
Probie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili View Post
Yikes!

Just hope your battle buddy got better training than you!
Luckily I have a little more knowledge being from getting my EMT B. Most casualty care was get them out of fire, TQ, call for medivac.


I can call the fuck out of a 9 line now though haha
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt View Post
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...
Probie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 07:41 PM   #31
Probie
Don'tyouknowit'smebro?
VIP Member
 
Probie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GE View Post
One of the kits I was considering was Dark Angel Medical. Looks like they're doing some training but it's in Nov. Looks like they're cramming a lot of material in 2 days as well.

http://darkangelmedical.com/direct-a...november-2017/

The time to learn to use your personal trauma kit is not when you or someone else is bleeding out!!! When life expectancy is measured in seconds and help is minutes away, will you know what to do? In our uncertain lives, that is a question that we all need to be able to answer a resounding, “Yes!” to. Dark Angel Medical, LLC, is proud to offer training and instruction in the use of the D.A.R.K. The Direct Action Response Training** fills a niche between military self-aid/buddy care training and civilian EMS training and is geared towards those with little to no medical training or background. It provides the student with critical, need-to-know information, which can be utilized in a myriad of situations and stresses the ‘you don’t know what you don’t know’ principle as well as our own principle of “Simplicity Under Stress”. The course is 2 days in length with a total of 16 hours of classroom work to include slide presentations, videos, question and answer sessions and hands-on practical skills application. A manual and all training aids will be provided. A D.A.R.K. (Direct Action Response Kit) may also be provided to each student as part of the tuition. ***There are no prerequisites for this class***

Included

The course covers the following:

Physiological and Psychological reactions to environmental stress
The importance of having the proper Combat Mindset
Basic Anatomy and Physiology of life-sustaining systems
H, A, B, C’s—Hemorrhage, Airway, Breathing and Circulation
Breakdown and usage of Individual Med Kit components
Proper stowage and employment of the IMK
Hands-on application of the IMK
Basic and Advanced Airway management -treating and monitoring tension pneumothorax, sucking chest wound and flail chest
Airway adjunct device placement-Nasopharyngeal Airway
Basic First Aid and Advanced wound care
Application of Bandages and Hemostatic Agents
Application of tourniquets
Recognition and Treatment of various injuries (Gunshot, Laceration, Burn, Airway, Head, Orthopedic, Environmental)
Recognition and treatment of hypovolemic (hemorrhagic) shock
Moving and positioning victims with various injuries
Response to active shooter situation
Proper use of cover and cover vs. concealment
Casualty recovery in an Active Shooter situation
Mass casualty triage procedure
Emergency Medical Dialect/Lingo (911 protocol, cooperation with LE, Fire and EMS and First Responders)

Hardware/Kit

Note pad and pen/pencil/Sharpie
Individual First Aid Kit—If you choose to. All training materials are provided.
An open mind
**Note: The Direct Action Response Training offers no formal certification. It is informational only.

Kerry (Dark angel) is on my list of classes to take whenever I get a chance. Dude is truly awesome. Also look into Matt Babika with Cleer medical. Caleb is obviously easier to take a class from being local, but I wouldn't hesitate to take a class from any of them
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt View Post
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...
Probie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 08:40 PM   #32
GE
6 Cliff Trail, Frisco, TX
 
GE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 34,571
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Probie View Post
Kerry (Dark angel) is on my list of classes to take whenever I get a chance. Dude is truly awesome. Also look into Matt Babika with Cleer medical. Caleb is obviously easier to take a class from being local, but I wouldn't hesitate to take a class from any of them
Yeah, Lone Star's class in 4/1 and Dark Angel's class isn't until Nov.
GE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:46 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.