DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > The Armory

The Armory The definitive firearms forum of DFW Mustangs.

Old 02-04-2017, 12:31 PM   #1
Jose
Lifer

Default Tac Bay Rentals?

After my first experience with shooting in a tactical bay, it's kinda hard to go shoot at a public shooting range. Couple of buddies of mine want to go shooting and I wanted to give them a new experience by shooting in a tactical bay.

Does anyone have any recommendations/suggestions on where we can go? I think ETTS will allow a non-member to rent a bay out to go shooting. Anywhere else I can look into?
Jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 04:32 PM   #2
bird_dog0347
Punk Ass Douche
VIP Member

dude, just come to an IDPA or USPSA match... way more structure, very safe, and lots of other guys to learn from that also tend to do all the hard work of setting up (you should ABSOLUTELY help tear down though).

I just shot USPSA out at JCSSA today and it was a great time.

Stevo
bird_dog0347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 04:43 PM   #3
Gasser64
Lifer

Any word on ammo going back down
Old 02-04-2017, 05:08 PM   #4
Cobraman
Fo Fi Six

ETTS will rent out. Just have everyone fill out the waiver and drop $30 a piece at the trailer. You'll need your own targets
Cobraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 01:28 AM   #5
GE
6 Cliff Trail, Frisco, TX

What all are you wanting to do? Do you care if other people are in the bay with you? I have my membership out at Lone Star.
GE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 07:38 AM   #6
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member

B-tactical in Caddo Mills has one you can rent

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.
black2002ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:44 PM   #7
Jose
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
dude, just come to an IDPA or USPSA match... way more structure, very safe, and lots of other guys to learn from that also tend to do all the hard work of setting up (you should ABSOLUTELY help tear down though).

I just shot USPSA out at JCSSA today and it was a great time.
I'd like to check it out, not sure if my friends would be interested in it though. Where can I find a local schedule?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobraman View Post
ETTS will rent out. Just have everyone fill out the waiver and drop $30 a piece at the trailer. You'll need your own targets
Probably what I'll be going with. Any idea how crowded it can get on the weekends?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GE View Post
What all are you wanting to do? Do you care if other people are in the bay with you? I have my membership out at Lone Star.
Mostly plinking and getting familiar with AR's for them. I was going to ask you but I had no idea when and if this will happen, I was mostly trying to figure out a place to go shoot and then start figuring out a date. I'll have to holler at you and see if you are available whenever we figure something out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black2002ls View Post

I'll check it out. Thanks.
Old 02-05-2017, 08:52 PM   #8
IHaveAMustang
RIP DFWstangs.net

There is a new range on Davis Blvd, I think I saw something that mentioned they have bays.

If you ever end up going, I have never shot in a bay. Do you run 3 gun drills or something? I can bring NFA toys to make it more fun.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:10 PM   #9
bird_dog0347
Punk Ass Douche
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose View Post
I'd like to check it out, not sure if my friends would be interested in it though. Where can I find a local schedule?

Probably what I'll be going with. Any idea how crowded it can get on the weekends?

Mostly plinking and getting familiar with AR's for them. I was going to ask you but I had no idea when and if this will happen, I was mostly trying to figure out a place to go shoot and then start figuring out a date. I'll have to holler at you and see if you are available whenever we figure something out.

I'll check it out. Thanks.
This is a decent calendar, be sure to select TX as the state top left.

http://shootmatch.com/

And if you want, there's a USPSA match at ETTS this Saturday at 10am, should be pretty nice down there. If you want to go, I'd suggest signing up for it on Practiscore.com first to get your spot reserved. If you've never shot USPSA, do some research and watch some videos. You don't have to be a USPSA member to shoot it, but your classifier stage will not count later if you aren't a member first.

Stevo
Old 02-06-2017, 11:00 PM   #10
Jose
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
This is a decent calendar, be sure to select TX as the state top left.

http://shootmatch.com/

And if you want, there's a USPSA match at ETTS this Saturday at 10am, should be pretty nice down there. If you want to go, I'd suggest signing up for it on Practiscore.com first to get your spot reserved. If you've never shot USPSA, do some research and watch some videos. You don't have to be a USPSA member to shoot it, but your classifier stage will not count later if you aren't a member first.
So I have to register in order to spectate? What about the three gun match at TDSA? I'd like to check that out as well. Is that possible to spectate or is that closed to the public?
Old 02-07-2017, 01:39 AM   #11
GE
6 Cliff Trail, Frisco, TX

Quote:
Yeah, at like $40/hr. Fuck that noise.

There's a Combative 2-gun class at ETTS on like Sat 2/25, but I fly out for a cruise on Sunday, so that's kinda out. Aside from that weekend and the weekend after, my weekends are generally free, just hit me up.
GE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 08:29 AM   #12
motoman
Never go full retard.

Quote:

There's a Combative 2-gun class at ETTS on like Sat 2/25, but I fly out for a cruise on Sunday, so that's kinda out. Aside from that weekend and the weekend after, my weekends are generally free, just hit me up.
It's $30 an hour. I've shot 500 rounds in an hour out there and had plenty of practice in for the day. They're a much smaller range than ETTS, so I don't blame them for having a higher hourly rate to prevent one person from taking up the bay for an entire day.
He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer
motoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 10:25 AM   #13
Jose
Lifer

Quote:

OK that was probably you but I remember someone complaining about the high price with them and I couldn't find any pricing on their website either (nor ETTS).

I'll be sure to hit you up. Like I said, no idea when we might go though but at least I'm set for ammo
Old 02-07-2017, 10:26 AM   #14
Jose
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoman View Post
It's $30 an hour. I've shot 500 rounds in an hour out there and had plenty of practice in for the day. They're a much smaller range than ETTS, so I don't blame them for having a higher hourly rate to prevent one person from taking up the bay for an entire day.
OK I can understand that. But what happens if you have 5 people? That's a lot of money an hour.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:02 AM   #15
bird_dog0347
Punk Ass Douche
VIP Member

Quote:
So I have to register in order to spectate? What about the three gun match at TDSA? I'd like to check that out as well. Is that possible to spectate or is that closed to the public?

I do not believe you have to register to spectate, but you'd want to call ETTS to ask if you have to pay a range fee. No need to sign up on practiscore if you're not shooting...

Stevo
Old 02-07-2017, 11:22 AM   #16
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoman View Post
Quote:
OK I can understand that. But what happens if you have 5 people? That's a lot of money an hour.
Are you guys wanting to do any range time on lanes? Their lane fees are cheap. $17 per DAY, (aside from the tac bay) plus $5 per person. You can shoot on any length lane and change lanes as long as they have one available where you want to go with no additional fees.

Really, unless you guys are planning to move around, shoot from cover, draw handguns from a holster, a tac bay may not have much benefit.

I would suggest giving them a call. The tac bay out there is most frequently used by LEO for training. I RARELY see the average Joe using it. Give them a call and see if they are willing to work with you, they are small, family/ex military owned and operated. If you happen to get Stephanie on the phone tell her Russell sent you. I've been going out there since they opened.

Quote:
Old 02-07-2017, 01:57 PM   #17
Probie
Don'tyouknowit'smebro?
VIP Member

Quote:
Are you guys wanting to do any range time on lanes? Their lane fees are cheap. $17 per DAY, (aside from the tac bay) plus $5 per person. You can shoot on any length lane and change lanes as long as they have one available where you want to go with no additional fees.

Really, unless you guys are planning to move around, shoot from cover, draw handguns from a holster, a tac bay may not have much benefit.

I would suggest giving them a call. The tac bay out there is most frequently used by LEO for training. I RARELY see the average Joe using it. Give them a call and see if they are willing to work with you, they are small, family/ex military owned and operated. If you happen to get Stephanie on the phone tell her Russell sent you. I've been going out there since they opened.
They are great people for sure. Definitely sucks they only have one taco at. Steph shot a precision rifle competition out there not even a week after having her baby and smoked everyone haha
And find that I am the baby of the bunch
But that's okay, I still keep in stride,
Cause all I'm here to do is just wiggle your behind
Probie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 02:54 PM   #18
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Probie View Post
They are great people for sure. Definitely sucks they only have one taco at. Steph shot a precision rifle competition out there not even a week after having her baby and smoked everyone haha
She is a badass!

Quote:
Old 02-07-2017, 06:56 PM   #19
motoman
Never go full retard.

I'm proud to say I know Steph very well, we both shoot together and train with one of the top precision rifle shooters in the nation.

They have 2 tac bays though. 1st is between the rifle and pistol bays, 2nd is behind the archery targets.
He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer
motoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 07:12 PM   #20
Chas_svo
86 SVO 344rwhp 'n gaining
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Probie View Post
Taco...don't you love autocorrect?
01 TJ - new toy (gone)
65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold, 3/21/13
Chas_svo is offline   Reply With Quote