DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > The Armory

The Armory The definitive firearms forum of DFW Mustangs.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:09 AM   #21
Baron Von Crowder
asshole with an opinion
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buick355 View Post
Your one of the lucky ones. I just got rid of my TCP. Out of the box it had failure to feed issues every round. I tried every fix I could find on the interwebz: polishing the feed ramp, slide rails, extractor, and filing the magazine catch, among other things. Tried 2 different magazines, and about 6 different kinds of ammo. I put 400 rounds through it. It got better after all this, but never solved. I ditched it for a Ruger LCP.
i've heard some of those stories. I guess I just got lucky. I was frustrated with the smith, tossed it on the table, pulled my TCP out of my IWB holster and emptied the mag. My wife and FIL were just staring at me with a blank look when I turned around.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:14 AM   #22
Buick355
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
i've heard some of those stories. I guess I just got lucky. I was frustrated with the smith, tossed it on the table, pulled my TCP out of my IWB holster and emptied the mag. My wife and FIL were just staring at me with a blank look when I turned around.
You shot up your S&W? LOL!! I only own a .22LR in S&W Shield. It's been a good little plinker, mostly for the wife and daughter. I'll probably carry it when I go camping to shoot rodents.
Buick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 10:29 AM   #23
Baron Von Crowder
asshole with an opinion
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buick355 View Post
You shot up your S&W? LOL!! I only own a .22LR in S&W Shield. It's been a good little plinker, mostly for the wife and daughter. I'll probably carry it when I go camping to shoot rodents.
nah, but I put 7 downrange in the target.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:56 AM   #24
LS1Goat
Lifer

I still have my "junk" Sigma .40 For a gun that gets a lot of bad press, its been problem free. Lot of range time with it over the years. A spring kit addresses the trigger issue that some people tend to complain about. I don't know what people are expecting from a handgun under $300.
LS1Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 01:11 PM   #25
Jose
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1Goat View Post
I still have my "junk" Sigma .40 For a gun that gets a lot of bad press, its been problem free. Lot of range time with it over the years. A spring kit addresses the trigger issue that some people tend to complain about. I don't know what people are expecting from a handgun under $300.
I wouldn't know, I don't have any guns that cheap
Jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 01:34 PM   #26
BP
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1Goat View Post
I sold mine to a board member years ago. It had a lot of rounds through it and other than cheap ass Blazer ammo it worked well.

My cheapo gun now is a PT-111 I picked up for under $200 brand new. Cabela's had it on sale for $249 with a $50 rebate and they gave me the 5% military discount. It has a very strange feeling trigger but it shoots straight and other than a failure to return to battery when brand new and uncleaned it's been pretty reliable.
BP is offline   Reply With Quote